2022 NFL Thread

Walter

On 2/7/2023 at 12:51 PM, Walter said:

I believe Jimmy G is a free agent after this season. So, the SF QB dilemma would be between Lance and Purdy.  

Maybe back to NE?  Sean thinks JJ is nuts or senile, so is Belecheck at this stage. Another who stayed too long.  He cannot win again.  The Bills and Miami are too good for him to overcome and the Jets are better too.  I say they finish dead last.

22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I know I picked the Chiefs in a close game because in spite of all the insipid GOAT talk, I still believe in Mahomes over Hurts on a big stage. Yet, my head tells me the Eagles are the team to beat & will prevail Sunday night... 🤔 

KC schedule for next year is miserable as it should be.  Bills, Miami and NE dodged one bullet that Jets will catch.  Cleveland with Watson 

I just checked the Fins schedule & those first 4 games--aside from Washington--might be murderers row. KC, San Diego and Buffalo--especially if I have to spend next season worrying about Tua's health.

I know McDaniel has a soft spot for Tua, but get a damn QB in the upcoming draft, or try to sign someone like Garrapolo....

Edited by paul carruthers

Anyone else think it's a bit suspect that the Colts announced today that their next head coach is a coordinator on the Eagles staff. Forgive me for not knowing his name...

Anyway, I can already anticipate the conspiracy theories if KC wins tonight, since I already know there is a big section of people who think the NFL is always trying to grease the skids for Mahomes...

5 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Anyone else think it's a bit suspect that the Colts announced today that their next head coach is a coordinator on the Eagles staff. Forgive me for not knowing his name...

Anyway, I can already anticipate the conspiracy theories if KC wins tonight, since I already know there is a big section of people who think the NFL is always trying to grease the skids for Mahomes...

FB_IMG_1676218315141.jpg

5 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Probably the worst, most uninteresting half time show I have ever seen.

It was different in some respects but the format itself remains absurd -- cram as many hits as possible into less than 15 minutes.

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Congrats to Andy Reid and Mahomes. Pat, I have nothing against you, it's all the incessant GOAT talk that will commence right about now, so no sports shows for me tomorrow--or maybe the whole week...

:rolleyes:

He's not the GOAT. In my book he'd have to win five more Super Bowls for that to even be up for discussion. I will say this, that holding call with less than two minutes remaining was absolute horseshit. 

11 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Probably the worst, most uninteresting half time show I have ever seen.

100% agree!  To these ears, it sounded like one continuous, boring song instead of a medley.  Worst halftime show ever and she didn't even do her one good song (Shut Up and Drive) even though the music was taken from another band's song.  And where was the diversity in the Tyvek clad dancers around her????

37 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

100% agree!  To these ears, it sounded like one continuous, boring song instead of a medley.  Worst halftime show ever and she didn't even do her one good song (Shut Up and Drive) even though the music was taken from another band's song.  And where was the diversity in the Tyvek clad dancers around her????

Exactly. Jay Z needs to be fired for selecting the worst halftime  “music” these past 6 or 7 years (Eminem, Timberlake, The weekend, JLo, etc). There’s still plenty of bands that could play: Queen, Foo Fighters, etc.., 

R😎

46 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I know it sucks when a big time playoff game is decided by a penalty, but the call wasn't even a bad one to me. He did grab the guy's jersey. It's not like Eagles fans should forget the lead they had at halftime....

100% Paul. They were pulling the KC receivers' jerseys all night. The best pass rush in football had 0 sacks and allowed the Chiefs to score on every 2nd half possession. Reminded me of the Cowboys/Eagles game on Christmas Eve.