2022 NFL Thread

Walter

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Singing was good but that out of tune guitar wasn't.

To me it felt like he was too laid back and trying to be way to sentimental. The National Anthem is supposed to be performed in a way that everybody can follow and join with if they choose.  I am not a fan of a personalized Anthem.

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

To me it felt like he was too laid back and trying to be way to sentimental. The National Anthem is supposed to be performed in a way that everybody can follow and join with if they choose.  I am not a fan of a personalized Anthem.

I mean Whitney Houston changed that. After her version it became a "listen to me perform" routine.

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact the game consists of four fifteen-minute quarters yet can take up to four hours (what is the longest game on record?), to complete!?

What is with the American pre-disposition to time outs? Definitely not an endurance sport that factors in fatigue with so much downtime.

Comprising three teams within the team, offensive, defensive and "special" kickers does not surprise me that the Chiefs quarterback was able to play on with his "suspect" ankle injury.

Also, players not in possession of the ball can be knocked arse over tit and / or slammed into the turf and sometimes trampled on and that's ok, but if a player pulls an opposition jersey they get penalised?

After that diabolical decision in the last moments of the game and gamesmanship (clearly poor sportsmanship and winning by fair means or foul), compounded by Mahomes' time wasting was a bad look for the game and any credibility it had has been severely tarnished.

Btw, I don't support either the Chiefs or the Eagles. Just a sports lover's observation from afar.

10 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact the game consists of four fifteen-minute quarters yet can take up to four hours (what is the longest game on record?), to complete!?

What is with the American pre-disposition to time outs? Definitely not an endurance sport that factors in fatigue with so much downtime.

Comprising three teams within the team, offensive, defensive and "special" kickers does not surprise me that the Chiefs quarterback was able to play on with his "suspect" ankle injury.

Also, players not in possession of the ball can be knocked arse over tit and / or slammed into the turf and sometimes trampled on and that's ok, but if a player pulls an opposition jersey they get penalised?

After that diabolical decision in the last moments of the game and gamesmanship (clearly poor sportsmanship and winning by fair means or foul), compounded by Mahomes' time wasting was a bad look for the game and any credibility it had has been severely tarnished.

Btw, I don't support either the Chiefs or the Eagles. Just a sports lover's observation from afar.

The NFL has no legitimacy at all.  Bullshit call wins the Super Bowl after sissy Mahomes pretends to be injured at end of first half.  Then he cant wait to go whining to the refs after throwing the ball away.  What a crap ending. Eagles got screwed.  And for the record, anyone that knows me knows I am not a fan of either team. 

So moving on, rumor is that AARON ROGERs could win up in Vegas and the Jets have looked into getting him.  Not sure if any NFC teams are interested?   I am still solid on the Lions having a real shot in that division this year.  If Rogers goes to either Raiders or Jets it makes them playoff contenders but I do  not believe Super Bowl contenders.  It would give KC hell.  Their schedule is already a bitch.  If Rogers goes to Vegas then we might have a fight for once in AFC West and don't forget about Denver and their new coach.

Well, there went $200 down the drain. If only I had known the Philadelphia Eagles were going to try a new defensive tactic called "Don't cover the Chiefs receivers in the red zone".

This is why I did not want the Chiefs to win. Now they are tied with the Raiders in Super Bowl wins and win percentage.

Super Bowl records by team.

Rk       Team                 G W L  W-L%
1. Pittsburgh Steelers  8 6 2  .750
2. New England Patriots 11 6 5  .545
3. San Francisco 49ers  7 5 2  .714
4.  Dallas Cowboys  8 5 3  .625
5.  New York Giants  5 4 1  .800
6. Green Bay Packers  5 4 1  .800
7. Washington Redskins  5 3 2  .600
8. Oakland/Los Angeles/Las Vegas Raiders  5 3 2  .600
9. Kansas City Chiefs  5 3 2  .600
10. Denver Broncos  8 3 5  .375
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers  2 2 0 1.000
12. Baltimore Ravens  2 2 0 1.000
13. Indianapolis Colts  4 2 2  .500
14. Miami Dolphins  5 2 3  .400

15. Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams  5 2 3  .400
16. New Orleans Saints  1 1 0 1.000
17. New York Jets  1 1 0 1.000
18. Chicago Bears  2 1 1  .500
19. Seattle Seahawks  3 1 2  .333
20. Philadelphia Eagles  4 1 3  .250
21. Minnesota Vikings  4 0 4  .000
22. Buffalo Bills  4 0 4  .000
23. Cincinnati Bengals  3 0 3  .000
24. Atlanta Falcons  2 0 2  .000
25. Carolina Panthers  2 0 2 .000

26. Los Angeles/San Diego Chargers  1 0 1  .000
27. Tennessee Titans  1 0 1  .000
28. Arizona Cardinals  1 0 1  .000

Edited by Strider

Now begins the worst time in sports. The NBA being the only viable game in town, baseball still nearly 2 months away, and nothing going on in the NFL off-season except the usual--Pat Mahomes and his nuts being bronzed by the 24 hour sports cycles, Aaron Rodgers usual diva drama, and the lack of minority head coach hires....

This time of year really sucks.... :(

29 minutes ago, Strider said:

Well, there went $200 down the drain. If only I had known the Philadelphia Eagles were going to try a new defensive tactic called "Don't cover the Chiefs receivers in the red zone".

This is why I did not want the Chiefs to win. Now they are tied with the Raiders in Super Bowl wins and win percentage.

Super Bowl records by team.

Rk       Team                 G W L  W-L%
1. Pittsburgh Steelers  8 6 2  .750
2. New England Patriots 11 6 5  .545
3. San Francisco 49ers  7 5 2  .714
4.  Dallas Cowboys  8 5 3  .625
5.  New York Giants  5 4 1  .800
6. Green Bay Packers  5 4 1  .800
7. Washington Redskins  5 3 2  .600
8. Oakland/Los Angeles/Las Vegas Raiders  5 3 2  .600
9. Kansas City Chiefs  5 3 2  .600
10. Denver Broncos  8 3 5  .375
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers  2 2 0 1.000
12. Baltimore Ravens  2 2 0 1.000
13. Indianapolis Colts  4 2 2  .500
14. Miami Dolphins  5 2 3  .400

15. Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams  5 2 3  .400
16. New Orleans Saints  1 1 0 1.000
17. New York Jets  1 1 0 1.000
18. Chicago Bears  2 1 1  .500
19. Seattle Seahawks  3 1 2  .333
20. Philadelphia Eagles  4 1 3  .250
21. Minnesota Vikings  4 0 4  .000
22. Buffalo Bills  4 0 4  .000
23. Cincinnati Bengals  3 0 3  .000
24. Atlanta Falcons  2 0 2  .000
25. Carolina Panthers  2 0 2 .000

26. Los Angeles/San Diego Chargers  1 0 1  .000
27. Tennessee Titans  1 0 1  .000
28. Arizona Cardinals  1 0 1  .000

Can't believe Denver's been there 8 times. 

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Which makes it a good time to have marathon viewings of the Marx Brothers, Three Stooges, and "Sanford & Son".

thats the shit that got me through college and add the munsters and adams family, and also hospitalized with blood clots couple years back all I watched was good old comedy for my self preservation, it helped

On 2/14/2023 at 7:50 PM, Strider said:

Which makes it a good time to have marathon viewings of the Marx Brothers, Three Stooges, and "Sanford & Son".

Very strong rumors and reports have Aaron Rogers going to your Raiders.  This would reunite Rogers with Adams!  Look out KC!  I hope it happens.  

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Very strong rumors and reports have Aaron Rogers going to your Raiders.  This would reunite Rogers with Adams!  Look out KC!  I hope it happens.  

Old ass Aaron Rogers and his man-bun ain't taking down Kansas City.

19 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Why??  You'll just keep bouncing this one back up halfway into next year.  :drinks:

Maybe.  Why dont you or Walter have the honors?  I have a feeling this is going to be a great year for the Lions.   The best in my lifetime.  Since the days of that guy that used to drink a six pack in the locker room at halftime. Bobby Lane I believe?  Lions are my pick to win the central  I just do not see Rogeres staying. Raiders.