4 May 71 Odense, Denmark show to be released

Zep Hed

On 6/28/2022 at 10:01 AM, Geno Washing Line said:

Looks like someone else has no bitches

Geno, that’s a really ridiculous statement. I am married. I been having bitches. You clearly are a keyboard warrior. With absolutely no bitches as you say. I’ve posted pictures of what I look like. Why don’t you be brave and show us who you are. 

Either way, have a great night simple. 

Don't know much about bitches other then I don't want my female dog to be one (I think she's fixed) . . . ON ANOTHER note . . . I sure hope either one (Odense & Japan '71) of these release come out soon, DAMN those Japanese labels are good at teasing us for months especially in the case of the Japan box, as they spilled the beans back around Christmas time and here we are 7 months later being teased with images for the last 2 months. 

6 hours ago, ledzepfilm said:

Rock Carnival is probably the only interesting thing about this set. 

Why, is it an upgrade? I always thought it sounded pretty good as it was. That’s the 23rd, right? 

20 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Why, is it an upgrade? I always thought it sounded pretty good as it was. That’s the 23rd, right? 

Yes, and it’s because previous releases of Rock Carnival are horribly processed for most of the tape. 

Too bad it’s being released on Tarantura which means they’ll just EQ the raw tape further…

On 6/25/2022 at 9:51 PM, Plant77 said:

I started collecting in the early 1990’s, and did so you until about 2001. I was shocked and saddened a bit when I realized all the money I had spent on collecting shows and limited releases were suddenly available online for all. I had spent a lot of time driving all over the Bay Area, southern Ca and even going to hole in the wall shops while out of state and buying shows that I did not have in my collection. All in all, I probably spent somewhere in the 10K range on shows alone. That’s not including the magazines, posters, shirts, books, etc. around 2004 I realized that the shows I bought were still important, they were important to my life. It was and is a passion, but for all of the people out there that have found and made shows available to us for free, and helped to insure the importance of the band, the continuation of the band through many generations that is equally as important. And I am stoked that they have made them available for free. It’s somewhat perplexing that someone who was not of age to record the band, can somehow get said recordings, and then want to force people to buy said shows. I also believe that we should be paying for some shows, and that as collectors we need to to help the continuation of shows to be released. I have to say having read your reply’s, and statements over the years is beyond cringe worthy. Who are you to personally profit off of the band. If you are not old enough to have been at any of the shows, let alone 69-72 and you are somehow profiting and holding onto shows for personal gain or out of grievances, then you my friend have some issues to work through. You are not the gate keeper of their music. And you should not get to decide on the distribution of their shows and profit off it. Or certainly not brag about trying too. 

I have followed your many different names throughout the years on a couple of forums, and you really say some stuff that is simply stupid. Be well Zepster. 

I'm with Plant77 on this. I was barely alive when Zep disbanded and finding these boots in the late 90's at fringe record stores was amazing. Given that was the only way, I'm not upset that my material became free years later. I got to enjoy it for many early years of my youth. Road trips, mix tapes, etc. Not to mention just simply getting more zep than less, and sooner, was awesome. So when the internet then flooded me with mountains of more zep, it was just a gift to me to be eternally grateful for, to whomever put it up. I also agree that it's the only way Zep will live on. One day sadly our three remaining members will pass on, and then likely no more official releases of anything. So all we have left is what boots remain out there.

What still surprises me to this day that my boot of I Gotta Move (69 Stockholm) is infinitely better in quality than every other version I've heard on BlackBeauty or other versions that's been shared with me. I don't know what the maker of "A Secret History" did to it to make it sound so good, but it's awesome. I just finished a live compilation project (see my thread, shameless plug) and I opted for a few of my actual boot versions over what was made available by others. They sometimes seem to sound better, at least to me. So, to me, collecting vs free is not a black and white topic. There are pros and cons to each approach. It's so graciously awesome that so many concerts are out there for free, I certainly cannot afford to buy them all...in fact there so many, I'm not sure if I could find the time to listen to each of them, haha. But there's also value in buying a good boot when it's there.  In fact every time Black Beauty goes down, I say "thanks goodness I have my boots, they'll never leave me". Not to mention some money does need to be paid to incentivize makers to keep 'em coming and keep the quality up. Pretty sad that us hardcore fans can actually use this band as a platform for bickering. Stay focused on the music, it's why we're here. :)

On 6/26/2022 at 1:01 AM, Freak said:

You should ask him, I just posted of what was told from other person, you moron.

Ouch! Moron. That was good. It made me laugh out loud. But mainly because I read your reply in a very heavy Russian accent. I don’t believe you are Russian. But it is fun when I go back and reread all of your replies as a very drunk, dumb, idiotic drunk Russian. It make me happy. It make me want to talk Russian. Either way Freak, I hope you are good. 

On 7/5/2022 at 11:20 AM, Tainted cheese said:

Don't know much about bitches other then I don't want my female dog to be one (I think she's fixed) . . . ON ANOTHER note . . . I sure hope either one (Odense & Japan '71) of these release come out soon, DAMN those Japanese labels are good at teasing us for months especially in the case of the Japan box, as they spilled the beans back around Christmas time and here we are 7 months later being teased with images for the last 2 months. 

It is the responsibility as a pet owner to make sure of that. Sorry to contribute to the derailment of the thread. I’m excited about the release. Hope it happens soon. 

On 7/8/2022 at 8:42 PM, ledzepfilm said:

Yes, and it’s because previous releases of Rock Carnival are horribly processed for most of the tape. 

Too bad it’s being released on Tarantura which means they’ll just EQ the raw tape further…

I thought Enigma (whoever he might be) was doing a very nice job on remastering a show ever since "Bath of the Blues" December 2019.

Or are there any better versions of the shows he/she/it has done? If so, I'd like to know.

28 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I thought Enigma (whoever he might be) was doing a very nice job on remastering a show ever since "Bath of the Blues" December 2019.

Or are there any better versions of the shows he/she/it has done? If so, I'd like to know.

I think Enigma did great on the Bloomington soundboard/audience mix and the '69 Winterland shows too.The Rock Carnival 23rd show was superb sounding except when it got to the last few songs especially Whole Lotta Love medley where it fluctuates and the sound dims down and is somewhat muffled as opposed to being over processing/-ed, but I could be wrong. That's what I am hoping for after reading the liner notes shown in the images of the 23rd set on the first page of this thread, it reads to me like the tape is different or keeps the same sound quality throughout instead of the drop off near the last hour of the show. Getting that medley in great sound quality will be HUGE it that's what it turns out to be . . . Here's hoping!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 9:28 AM, Ian Smith said:

Like I said my days of spending $150 for crap are done. Zeppelin in all it's form has gotten more of my money than my kids have. 

Well said! I've purchased all the cassettes more times than I can remember, and then when CDs came out I purchased them as well, not to mention the VCR tapes of TSRTS and then the CDs of that, and then the later stuff. I've purchased all the Zeppelin material over and over and over and over again. Now I have them on Spotify (sheesh) - how many times do I have to pay for the (same) rights to listen to the tunes? And about the bootlegs, I'm right there with you. I used to spend good money on those, and that was back when I barely had two nickels to rub together. Of course, it was very exciting when it dawned on me on day back about 1998, that perhaps there might be someone who knows something about Zeppelin bootlegs on the World Wide Web! I started tape trading and then CD trading. I loved when a record convention would come to a nearby city, and sometimes not so nearby, and I would make a journey out of it, a mission. I'd get there and look carefully over everything I could find, picking up a few Zep cassettes and listen to them on the ride home. Those were good times. But now, with the amazing work this community does with the remastering, I just wait until they do their magic and listen on YouTube or get the FLAC.

3 hours ago, Christopher Lees said:

Well said! I've purchased all the cassettes more times than I can remember, and then when CDs came out I purchased them as well, not to mention the VCR tapes of TSRTS and then the CDs of that, and then the later stuff. I've purchased all the Zeppelin material over and over and over and over again. Now I have them on Spotify (sheesh) - how many times do I have to pay for the (same) rights to listen to the tunes? And about the bootlegs, I'm right there with you. I used to spend good money on those, and that was back when I barely had two nickels to rub together. Of course, it was very exciting when it dawned on me on day back about 1998, that perhaps there might be someone who knows something about Zeppelin bootlegs on the World Wide Web! I started tape trading and then CD trading. I loved when a record convention would come to a nearby city, and sometimes not so nearby, and I would make a journey out of it, a mission. I'd get there and look carefully over everything I could find, picking up a few Zep cassettes and listen to them on the ride home. Those were good times. But now, with the amazing work this community does with the remastering, I just wait until they do their magic and listen on YouTube or get the FLAC.

That my friend is so well said. I agree with everything. 

And like you said, when I was a teen I worked at a gas station for peanuts and would save and save for a Zep bootleg album and back then there was no internet for reviews. And the guys would not let me listen to them before and I bought. So many times I spent most of my hard earned money on garbage. 

I don't stream (not that I am against it) but I know places on the web to get anything and everything. I really try not to steal music but all those "Remasters" Page releases (and Pink Floyd and and and and) hell yeah, I am stealing them like a mofo. No more of my money is going to anything Zeppelin. 

And hell yeah the community of talented people (cough------SteveZ--------cough) who remaster, Oh I love and appreciate what those people do. 

On 7/8/2022 at 12:03 PM, HollywoodBowl1998 said:

I'm with Plant77 on this. I was barely alive when Zep disbanded and finding these boots in the late 90's at fringe record stores was amazing. Given that was the only way, I'm not upset that my material became free years later. I got to enjoy it for many early years of my youth. Road trips, mix tapes, etc. Not to mention just simply getting more zep than less, and sooner, was awesome. So when the internet then flooded me with mountains of more zep, it was just a gift to me to be eternally grateful for, to whomever put it up. I also agree that it's the only way Zep will live on. One day sadly our three remaining members will pass on, and then likely no more official releases of anything. So all we have left is what boots remain out there.

What still surprises me to this day that my boot of I Gotta Move (69 Stockholm) is infinitely better in quality than every other version I've heard on BlackBeauty or other versions that's been shared with me. I don't know what the maker of "A Secret History" did to it to make it sound so good, but it's awesome. I just finished a live compilation project (see my thread, shameless plug) and I opted for a few of my actual boot versions over what was made available by others. They sometimes seem to sound better, at least to me. So, to me, collecting vs free is not a black and white topic. There are pros and cons to each approach. It's so graciously awesome that so many concerts are out there for free, I certainly cannot afford to buy them all...in fact there so many, I'm not sure if I could find the time to listen to each of them, haha. But there's also value in buying a good boot when it's there.  In fact every time Black Beauty goes down, I say "thanks goodness I have my boots, they'll never leave me". Not to mention some money does need to be paid to incentivize makers to keep 'em coming and keep the quality up. Pretty sad that us hardcore fans can actually use this band as a platform for bickering. Stay focused on the music, it's why we're here. :)

Very well said 98. The music is why we are here. And they were and are simply the best in my opinion. I suppose that is why we have so many contributors on this forum. But I agree that being focused on their greatness and not bickering would be better for all. 

Great 👍 post. 

• 4 weeks later...