4 May 71 Odense, Denmark show to be released

Zep Hed

On 5/17/2022 at 10:45 PM, Autumn Moon said:

Fantastic! May 71 saw the band firing on ALL cylinders, what more could you ask for? Let`s hope Tarantura get it going soon. In late December 2021 they announced a Live in Japan 71 AUD box, it hasn´t been released yet.

I think the release is within a few weeks. I think it's gonna be a real expensive one considering previous box/cd numbering: "Two And A Half Finger Show"TCD-216, 217 and next release "Good Times, Jimmy's Got The Blues": TCD-226, 227 according to http://www.bootledz.com/labels/tarantura2000.htm So, quite a few numbers missing. CD Museum Pb is tweeting some photo's:

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-24 om 14.11.11.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-24 om 14.11.41.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-24 om 14.19.12.png

48 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I think the release is within a few weeks. I think it's gonna be a real expensive one considering previous box/cd numbering: "Two And A Half Finger Show"TCD-216, 217 and next release "Good Times, Jimmy's Got The Blues": TCD-226, 227 according to http://www.bootledz.com/labels/tarantura2000.htm So, quite a few numbers missing. CD Museum Pb is tweeting some photo's:

Looking forward to this one!

6 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Yeah, but those Japanese shows were multiple-disc releases. Odense, Denmark can fit on only 2 cds, so it should not be that expensive.

7 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Thank you very much for the update, Moby Dick Ale. I guess it won´t be a bargain considering that the box will contain approximately 14 CDs, 3 more if 929 is included as well. Anyway, I see nothing but advantages (transfers from master, low gen or uncirculated tapes,  finally the complete Flying Rock Carnival source Nr. 7 for 923 and excellent mastering by Enigma) and as a dedicated fan of the Japan Tour of 1971 I won´t miss this one. At least Tarantura titles are less expensive than Empress Valley boxes-  I am ready for Japan & Denmark.

They won't be put together. This  434809260_Schermafbeelding2022-05-25om22_02_43.thumb.png.1a4e74fd71a5a5a56748474e1a82d757.png was posted 12-24-2021 as a teaser and last week the jacket of the 9-23 concert was posted and it stated 1417571566_Schermafbeelding2022-05-25om22_05_44.png.1e7604cfa6c52c09d89fea5c3e1fae0c.png So Tarantura is working on this release for over 5 months. 

Only may 16th last Tarantura announced the release of the discovered Odense show.

Great news . . . can somebody help clarify, I read the notes on the back of the new release images above, does this mean the 23rd show now has a "clean" recording of the last half of the show, especially Whole Lotta love medley where it's not muffled and warlbely sounding versus the Flying Rock Carnival Complete released on the No Label from 2009 roughly? Thanks in advance!

37 minutes ago, Tainted cheese said:

Great news . . . can somebody help clarify, I read the notes on the back of the new release images above, does this mean the 23rd show now has a "clean" recording of the last half of the show, especially Whole Lotta love medley where it's not muffled and warlbely sounding versus the Flying Rock Carnival Complete released on the No Label from 2009 roughly? Thanks in advance!

Yes, the 2 Bonus Discs will feature the newly transfered & mastered Flying Rock Carnival aka source 7- so hopefully no more major sound issues from What Is And What Should Never Be onwards. Always loved that source, great to get the complete undamaged treasure after all these years. Nevertheless, Tarantura will present their ultimate version of the 23rd  on 3 CDs containing master/1st gen transfers of the best sounding sources. (F.R.C source 7, First Attack Of The Rising Sun source 5, Reflection From A Dream source 4 and Front Row source 2) 

Great boots are on the way, and I hope the Odense tape has better sound quality than the Copenhagen show.

2 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Yes, the 2 Bonus Discs will feature the newly transfered & mastered Flying Rock Carnival aka source 7- so hopefully no more major sound issues from What Is And What Should Never Be onwards. Always loved that source, great to get the complete undamaged treasure after all these years. Nevertheless, Tarantura will present their ultimate version of the 23rd  on 3 CDs containing master/1st gen transfers of the best sounding sources. (F.R.C source 7, First Attack Of The Rising Sun source 5, Reflection From A Dream source 4 and Front Row source 2) 

Great boots are on the way, and I hope the Odense tape has better sound quality than the Copenhagen show.

So this release is just the 23rd separate release and not part of the big box set of Japan '71 that was news issued around Xmass time via Pb Museum? 

13 hours ago, Tainted cheese said:

So this release is just the 23rd separate release and not part of the big box set of Japan '71 that was news issued around Xmass time via Pb Museum? 

No, it is all part of the upcoming big box set, just for the 23rd there is an additional 2 Bonus CD with the clean Flying Rock Carnival included.

Thanks for the reply. So if there are no major improvements to the other Japan shows (and many people like me most probably already have the 24th, 27th, 28 & 29th), and if I wanted just the 23rd show, I need to buy the entire box at probably 500$ or more just for that show eh? If so, that's a tough call for an average Joe like me. Yikes.

Who still buys bootlegs? Honestly asking. You know that 5 minutes after anything is released it is up on all our fave bootleg websites. My days of spending $150 for shitty sounding box sets are long over. 

All my 2 cents. If you do still buy them I would love to know why? A collector's thing? I have respect for whatever y'all do as long as you are not hurting anyone. 

Except liking Greta Van Douchebags. That I will not tolerate! 😳  Hey I am not a saint 😇

On 5/27/2022 at 1:26 PM, Autumn Moon said:

No, it is all part of the upcoming big box set, just for the 23rd there is an additional 2 Bonus CD with the clean Flying Rock Carnival included.

According to Takashi (CD Museum Pb) the Kurofune set (Black Ship, Japan '71) is gonna have 17 discs

1805905460_Schermafbeelding2022-05-29om14_00_41.thumb.png.1f07950741f50d72fbcf92e3667c8dca.png

On 5/28/2022 at 8:07 AM, Ian Smith said:

Who still buys bootlegs? Honestly asking. You know that 5 minutes after anything is released it is up on all our fave bootleg websites. My days of spending $150 for shitty sounding box sets are long over. 

All my 2 cents. If you do still buy them I would love to know why? A collector's thing? I have respect for whatever y'all do as long as you are not hurting anyone. 

Except liking Greta Van Douchebags. That I will not tolerate! 😳  Hey I am not a saint 😇

I buy them depending on sound quality and new discovered sound sources, or out of the ordinary releases. Same reason I buy records more or less, I could get the songs/albums on my computer for free but that's dull and boring compared to getting something tangible like album/cd art along with liner notes. If I find myself not needing them I can easily sell them for the same cost I paid. People who fail to understand that part of it can get them for free and feel wiser than the rest of us, but those like me who like to collect don't care what others' think. I know you asked respectfully and I appreciate it, but I have read numerous snarky posts over the years from others saying those who spend their money on boots are foolish since they acquired them for free. Different strokes for  . . . folks! I'll be buying the new '71 Denmark show for DAMN sure if the sounds lives up to the rumors mentioned above! 

Edited by Tainted cheese

1 hour ago, Tainted cheese said:

I buy them depending on sound quality and new discovered sound sources, or out of the ordinary releases. Same reason I buy records more or less, I could get the songs/albums on my computer for free but that's dull and boring compared to getting something tangible like album/cd art along with liner notes. If I find myself not needing them I can easily sell them for the same cost I paid. People who fail to understand that part of it can get them for free and feel wiser than the rest of us, but those like me who like to collect don't care what others' think. I know you asked respectfully and I appreciate it, but I have read numerous snarky posts over the years from others saying those who spend their money on boots are foolish since they acquired them for free. Different strokes for  . . . folks! I'll be buying the new '71 Denmark show for DAMN sure if the sounds lives up to the rumors mentioned above! 

I'll be buying Odense for sure and probably also the upcoming '71 box-set. 

I've always wanted "The Campaign" box-set so badly, but on the rare occasion it is for sale on https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp is easily goes for $ 1,800.- and I think that's just a bit too much!

8 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I've always wanted "The Campaign" box-set so badly, but on the rare occasion it is for sale on https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp is easily goes for $ 1,800.- and I think that's just a bit too much!

I was hoping they would release the 23rd as a separate release from the box set since it sounds like it will be a huge upgrade--especially the medley which is freaking amazing, as I (and many others too I would assume who keep up on these releases) already have the soundboards released for the 28th and 29th as well as the big upgrade to the 27th Hiroshima that came out in 2011/12 thereabouts. The 24th is a hard listen in my opinion other than the acoustic numbers, so I would be buying what I already have for all other shows besides the 23rd. Hopefully there will be more big news on improvements for the other Japan shows, but not getting my hopes up. 

On 5/29/2022 at 4:34 PM, Tainted cheese said:

Good answer, bit angry but good answer. I never feel "wiser" for getting them for free. But I do feel "dumber" for all the crap I bought  at $150 a pop at Rock on Stocke on Crescent street in Montreal. But back then you could not preview what you are buying, today I guess you can with all the shows available online. I respect anyone whatever they do as long as they are kind and not hurting anyone. 

I spent thousands of $$$$$ on shows that were almost unlistenable. THAT makes me angry. But damn that bootleg store was a cool one, until the Quebec government stepped in and shut it down. I don't know what was dirtier, the store or the people who worked there 😜

On 5/30/2022 at 12:12 AM, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Thanks again for the updates.

Considering that "The Campaign" was released in 1995 I would recommend the "The Overture/The Campaign" 12 CD box set by EV from 2018. Really good soundquality & nice artwork, much better than any boot I had before of the 72 Japan tour.

The Overture.jpg

8 hours ago, Ian Smith said:

Good answer, bit angry but good answer. I never feel "wiser" for getting them for free. But I do feel "dumber" for all the crap I bought  at $150 a pop at Rock on Stocke on Crescent street in Montreal. But back then you could not preview what you are buying, today I guess you can with all the shows available online. I respect anyone whatever they do as long as they are kind and not hurting anyone. 

I spent thousands of $$$$$ on shows that were almost unlistenable. THAT makes me angry. But damn that bootleg store was a cool one, until the Quebec government stepped in and shut it down. I don't know what was dirtier, the store or the people who worked there 😜

No anger, been stuck inside for the last few days with sick kids, so maybe I had a temporary chip on my shoulder. I've gone through that phase too, had a fortune in cd boots, until I finally sold most of them and bought a snowmobile and new trailer instead. But now only get ones mentioned above. I am excited for the news of these recent release though, especially the 23rd and a great sounding Whole Lotta love medley!

I'm also the owner of the EVSD - The Overture box-set. The reason why I wanted The Campaign box-set is because of the Ukiyo-e covers with the zeppelin photoshopped into. As beautiful as all the different covers used for Black Dog 928 (6 covers), Immigrant Song 929 (6 covers) and Stairway To Heaven 928 (5 covers) Empress Valley 2018 releases.

Black Dog: 410271477_BlackDog.png.0aafd992fe64ba6c2bfdaeffb99ec582.png Immigrant Song: 1338490799_ImmigrantSong.png.5ffc0dc5caf8843a63a246220238a683.png 

Stairway To Heaven: 1609834764_StairwayToHeaven.png.fb7c6d8358a70043196476b5fc1b9000.png

Yes, I know 2 missing on the photo's; the 6th BD and IS covers were released in 2019, after I've made these pictures.

No, I'm sorry, I haven't read or heard anything about improvements for the other dates. On the other hand all the shows will be mastered by "Enigma" (whoever he'll be?) and he's doing a great job on Tarantura releases ever since "Bath of the Blues".

On 5/31/2022 at 5:57 PM, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I'm also the owner of the EVSD - The Overture box-set. The reason why I wanted The Campaign box-set is because of the Ukiyo-e covers with the zeppelin photoshopped into. As beautiful as all the different covers used for Black Dog 928 (6 covers), Immigrant Song 929 (6 covers) and Stairway To Heaven 928 (5 covers) Empress Valley 2018 releases.

Black Dog: 410271477_BlackDog.png.0aafd992fe64ba6c2bfdaeffb99ec582.png Immigrant Song: 1338490799_ImmigrantSong.png.5ffc0dc5caf8843a63a246220238a683.png 

Stairway To Heaven: 1609834764_StairwayToHeaven.png.fb7c6d8358a70043196476b5fc1b9000.png

Yes, I know 2 missing on the photo's; the 6th BD and IS covers were released in 2019, after I've made these pictures.

Not gonna lie, that packaging is pretty sweet.