2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

On 1/29/2024 at 8:12 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

And that lucky catch inside the 5 yard line I thought there was a good case for offensive pass interference 

If you thought that was offensive pass interference, it's a good thing you are not a referee.

15 minutes ago, Strider said:

If you thought that was offensive pass interference, it's a good thing you are not a referee.

Like I could do any worse than those pot bellies?  He hit the Lions 🦁 receiver.  It’s the last game I watched , bring on ️ baseball.  

1 hour ago, redrum said:

Thunder Thighs vs. Bob Weir

lol. 😂 Predictive programming 

The fix is in: swifties Grammys & Super Bowel chiefies. After watching the Bills battle back and then at the 2 minute warning the Bills qb getting his marching orders to throw away the game the other week, I knew the fix was in.  The nfl wants to show Swift as much as possible to get new viewers (selling merch) while making Kelsie (vax spokesman) and Mahomes their latest poster children.

R😎

Edited by reids

On 2/5/2024 at 12:01 AM, reids said:

lol. 😂 Predictive programming 

The fix is in: swifties Grammys & Super Bowel chiefies. After watching the Bills battle back and then at the 2 minute warning the Bills qb getting his marching orders to throw away the game the other week, I knew the fix was in.  The nfl wants to show Swift as much as possible to get new viewers (selling merch) while making Kelsie (vax spokesman) and Mahomes their latest poster children.

R😎

in the pick em playoff pool i'm tied for first and  picked 49ers but with my heart not my head, I to believe  the NFL no doubt wants Chiefs to win and  quite simply 1 critical bad call at just the right time can win it, who will forgetbengals getting screwed last year against Chiefs and Eagles with a hit out of bounds on final play all the while  linemen were holding the entire play, result F.G. and game over, I personally feel the  bad and saving call is inevitable

People getting on Dan Campbell's case but why aren't people getting on John Harbaugh's case with the same fervor? As far as I am concerned, Harbaugh has blown it worse in the playoffs than Dan Campbell. It seems every time the Ravens get a #1 seed, they flame out in the first game.

One major problem is their offense is like a college offense. That may fly during the regular season when teams are coming off short weeks and Baltimore is playing a bunch of mediocre teams. But come the playoffs and when Baltimore starts facing the good teams, other teams have an easy time reducing the Ravens offense to rubble and making Lamar one-dimensional.

Harbaugh has been with the Ravens for 15 years and the offense is still a joke in the playoffs. So why isn't he on the hot seat?

13 hours ago, custard pie man said:

in the pick em playoff pool i'm tied for first and  picked 49ers but with my heart not my head, I to believe  the NFL no doubt wants Chiefs to win and  quite simply 1 critical bad call at just the right time can win it, who will forgetbengals getting screwed last year against Chiefs and Eagles with a hit out of bounds on final play all the while  linemen were holding the entire play, result F.G. and game over, I personally feel the  bad and saving call is inevitable

I hope the 49ers win, but seriously believe the fix is already in. There’s just too much money on the line with back room deals already made. Exactly, just like last year with the Bengals and yep, that final play in the Eagles game (too many “coincidences”)… There’s just too much advertising for the Chiefs (every commercial with their poster children and snickers “chefs” commercial running every hour). 

R😎

18 hours ago, Strider said:

People getting on Dan Campbell's case but why aren't people getting on John Harbaugh's case with the same fervor? As far as I am concerned, Harbaugh has blown it worse in the playoffs than Dan Campbell. It seems every time the Ravens get a #1 seed, they flame out in the first game.

One major problem is their offense is like a college offense. That may fly during the regular season when teams are coming off short weeks and Baltimore is playing a bunch of mediocre teams. But come the playoffs and when Baltimore starts facing the good teams, other teams have an easy time reducing the Ravens offense to rubble and making Lamar one-dimensional.

Harbaugh has been with the Ravens for 15 years and the offense is still a joke in the playoffs. So why isn't he on the hot seat?

good question and same can be applied to Bills coach who  has found a way to lose  every which way you can for 5 years running and  cowboys joke of a coach, fact is revenue  is  more valued than winning to many of these ownwers and if  you get tv exposure  cuz your good with some  big marketable names like Dak and Allen and  Lamar well believe money is  really what its all about sadly and if you happen to win it all , well thats icing on the cake

I'm still leaning towards San Francisco. Growing up a Raider fan, I can never root for Kansas City except for extreme circumstances.

But there are three things that worry me about the 49ers chances.

1. Steve Spagnuolo. The Chiefs Defensive Coordinator has been a part of multiple Super Bowl wins but all you really need to know is that Spags was the New York Giants DC that put the clamps on the undefeated New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII. This could be the game in which the Cinderella story of Brock Purdy finally turns into a pumpkin.

2. The Kickers. Let's see...we have 49ers rookie Jake Moody, who has missed kicks in every playoff game so far vs. Chief vet Harrison Butker, who is probably the best kicker this side of Justin Tucker. Who do you trust more in a pressure situation with the game on the line? My money is on Butker.

3. Kyle Shanahan. Unlike Andy Reid, who has finally overcome his many playoff failures with the Eagles, Shanahan still has playoff chokes around his neck and Super Bowl brain farts to overcome. Remember, the 49ers had the 4th quarter lead against the Chiefs in Super Bowl LIV. Of course, one number stands above all in Shanahan's playoff futility: 28-3. That was the lead the Atlanta Falcons had over the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LI, when Shanahan was the Falcons OC/Playcaller.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Here's a drinking game you can play during the Super Bowl. Take a shot every time Tony Romo says "Jim" or when he mistakenly refers to Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce being married.

Hopefully, my ears will go into auto-mute with every utterance, and my eyes black out with every shot of anything swifty. 😄

10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Super Bowl Halftime Show was a snooze. Completely unremarkable beyond that. 

You mean the Harlem Halftime Show?  Just like last year's Rhianna show, I couldn't tell when one song ended and the next began!  BORING!

we eat every super bowl at half time just so we don't watch any of the  music, we had home made meat ball subs, chicken fingers/ wings, and about 100 beers, started around 4pm but main course was meatball subs, nice to see refs didn't fuck the game up, 49ers made some mistakes and kc took advantage and earned it

Worst superbowl (flushing toilet 🚽 now) in history . It was totally fixed. Kelsie should have been benched and fined for yelling at coach Reid . How many times did they have to show that psyop swiftwitch ??? They kept showing her with nfl commissioner too (I’m sure they made a lot of money advertising her everywhere)… 🤮 Halftime was a joke as expected with usher , Alicia keys , her, some roller skaters and a couple of dentally challenged gold toofers yelling, yeah, every two seconds… 🤦‍♂️  can we ever get some real rock bands to play the halftime again ???  J z and his cronies need to go (10 years of this 💩 is more than enough)… 

R😎

Edited by reids

19 minutes ago, reids said:

Worst superbowl (flushing toilet 🚽 now) in history . It was totally fixed. Kelsie should have been benched and fined for yelling at coach Reid . How many times did they have to show that psyop swiftwitch ??? They kept showing her with nfl commissioner too (I’m sure they made a lot of money advertising her everywhere)… 🤮 Halftime was a joke as expected with usher , Alicia keys , her, some roller skaters and a couple of dentally challenged gold toofers yelling, yeah, every two seconds… 🤦‍♂️  can we ever get some real rock bands to play the halftime again ???  J z and his cronies need to go (10 years of this 💩 is more than enough)… 

R😎

I agree, but I can't think of many rock bands that would fill the bill.  Maybe "pseudo-Queen" , Cheap Trick or Alice Cooper.........  

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I agree, but I can't think of many rock bands that would fill the bill.  Maybe "pseudo-Queen" , Cheap Trick or Alice Cooper.........  

first thing to do is fire Jay Z as the “talent” booker for the nfl: Then, get these bands to play: journey, foo fighters, Queen, cheap trick, foreigner (with Lou Gramm, Mick Jones), Alice Cooper, Deep Purple (with Ritchie Blackmore), Free / Bad Company / Paul Rodgers, Doobie Brothers, AC/DC, Elton John, KISS (original four), etc… 

R😎