2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

Cowboys are pretenders, Give Cooper Rush a shot please, will never go anywhere with Dak, Vikes got  what Jets got , a royal screwing by the zebras in a  effort to keep Mahommey and Kelce alive, almost every game they will  be on positive side of a brutal call, NFL will see to that. It's very early but 49ers and Eagles looks like nfc title game and Chiefs vs. Dolphins  or Bills?maybe Bengals get healthy and make a run

My man Aiden Hutchinson now has 4 interceptions from his DE position in 22 games, and three of those were out of this world plays.  The Lion's defense has been desperate for a leader for years!  I think we found him.

I root for Zak Wilson.  I think it's because of my hatred for Aaron Rodgers.  Wouldn't break my heart if he never plays again.

4 televised games in a row on a Sunday.  I like!      

yesterday was the day of upsets, Lions are looking tough on both sides of the ball and  doing so with many injuries, Bills are a very strange team, very lucky to win and should of lost, like their qb Allen they can be world beaters one week and  not show up the next, Jets are an inspiration for sure and probably should be 4-2 had the nfl not  wanted to protect Mahommey and Kelce with their brutal calls, I love old school football and  jmo but the lions most resemble football the way it used to be played, tough D, 2 tight end formations, strong running game, very few mistakes

2 hours ago, custard pie man said:

yesterday was the day of upsets, Lions are looking tough on both sides of the ball and  doing so with many injuries, Bills are a very strange team, very lucky to win and should of lost, like their qb Allen they can be world beaters one week and  not show up the next, Jets are an inspiration for sure and probably should be 4-2 had the nfl not  wanted to protect Mahommey and Kelce with their brutal calls, I love old school football and  jmo but the lions most resemble football the way it used to be played, tough D, 2 tight end formations, strong running game, very few mistakes

Considering the circumstances, that might have been the Lion's best performance since the 1991 playoff game against Dallas.  A tough physical game on the road and we beat them the right way.    Lol...I'm not used to this.  Things don't get any easier though as we head to Baltimore next before our bye week. 

I'm surprised the Bung-holes won that game yesterday.  I never saw a team make so many stupid penalties during crunch time.  Wait...I have!

4 NFL games and a post-season baseball game.  That's how I like to spend a rainy cold October Sunday.  The 'last channel' button got such a workout I had to change the batteries in the remote.

On 10/16/2023 at 11:28 AM, Bong-Man said:

Considering the circumstances, that might have been the Lion's best performance since the 1991 playoff game against Dallas.  A tough physical game on the road and we beat them the right way.    Lol...I'm not used to this.  Things don't get any easier though as we head to Baltimore next before our bye week. 

I'm surprised the Bung-holes won that game yesterday.  I never saw a team make so many stupid penalties during crunch time.  Wait...I have!

4 NFL games and a post-season baseball game.  That's how I like to spend a rainy cold October Sunday.  The 'last channel' button got such a workout I had to change the batteries in the remote.

Congrats on living to see the Lions finally be significant!!!  They can get to the  Super Bowl.  To hell with the over rated 49at divers.  Trash my Bills on here folks, Ill trash back.  Lions and Bills.  You will have to beat SF and Philly no doubt, but Im hoping only one.  I am cheering for Lions all the way in NFC.  But I must pick Baltimore this week.  When teams play 2-3 in a row on the road they usually get whacked once.  The Lions are not going 16-1 nor is anyone else. But they will win the Central, the once mighty Black and Blue, for fun.  They are likely the only playoff team from that division, but I cant totally count the Vikings out. I am going back and forth on that game next Monday vs the 49ers.  Im not sure how many injured or how bad the injuries were for SF.  Anyway, congrats on the Lions being good.  I am happy for Geoff who got a raw deal in LA.  I think the Rams would have won with him.  But that is no shot at Stafford who I like very much.  Go Lions.  Oh, and Go Bills of course.  Remember, Ralph Wilson is loving this.  Bills and Lions his two loves

so watching the Saints/Jags last night and being in New England I thought Carr was a good qb and could really help Saints but after watching his antics on almost every play last nite I was stunned at  behavior, ranting and raving , pointing fingers, making child like faces, etc.... this guy is an idiot and predict unless he changes he will soon be on the bench, simply put the team won't put up with it, maybe because i never got to see him much I was so shocked, can anyone who knows him and watched him more  say if this was a one off or is he really like this much of the time? thanks

4 hours ago, custard pie man said:

so watching the Saints/Jags last night and being in New England I thought Carr was a good qb and could really help Saints but after watching his antics on almost every play last nite I was stunned at  behavior, ranting and raving , pointing fingers, making child like faces, etc.... this guy is an idiot and predict unless he changes he will soon be on the bench, simply put the team won't put up with it, maybe because i never got to see him much I was so shocked, can anyone who knows him and watched him more  say if this was a one off or is he really like this much of the time? thanks

He's a total bitch. For every good play he will make two bad ones...especially back-breaking pick-sixes in the red zone. Suffered him with the Raiders. Glad they got rid of him and his gayliner, but Jimmy G is no better, so the Raiders will still suck. 

I took Baltimore in the pool against my Lions for two reasons.  Mayfield missed on several deep throws that were wide open last week.  They won't be as lucky this week.  Also, our kicker is shaky at 50 yards.  Tucker's shaky from 65 yards, including his record 66-yard kick against us.    

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I took Baltimore in the pool against my Lions for two reasons.  Mayfield missed on several deep throws that were wide open last week.  They won't be as lucky this week.  Also, our kicker is shaky at 50 yards.  Tucker's shaky from 65 yards, including his record 66-yard kick against us.    

I picked Baltimore only because it’s a difficult situation for the Lions and I wonder if this is a trap game for them as it’s not a rival.  The Lions will win the central and maybe the NFC.  

The Rams should rain hell down on the Steelers tomorrow!

On 10/18/2023 at 11:03 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Oh, and Go Bills of course. 

Oh they went all right... straight into the 💩er.... to the lowly Patriots no less. 🤣🤣🤣

Man pRicky... you just can't win... I'll admit though... there is always a little tear in my eye as I watch your eternal existence of miserable defeat. 🤭

Anyways I am actually rooting for the Bills and hopefully they make it all the way to the Superbowl this year 🤗.... if only to watch you wallow in the sheer agony of taking up the Grand Wazoo jut one more time.... 🤭 🍆🍆🍆💩

See ya soon short stuff... 😘

53 minutes ago, Metta said:

Oh they went all right... straight into the 💩er.... to the lowly Patriots no less. 🤣🤣🤣

Man pRicky... you just can't win... I'll admit though... there is always a little tear in my eye as I watch your eternal existence of miserable defeat. 🤭

Anyways I am actually rooting for the Bills and hopefully they make it all the way to the Superbowl this year 🤗.... if only to watch you wallow in the sheer agony of taking up the Grand Wazoo jut one more time.... 🤭 🍆🍆🍆💩

See ya soon short stuff... 😘

The defense let them down after Allen did his job.  I wish Dorsey would get yanked. Don’t forget they have half the starters ouf on D!  Von Miller didn’t play.  Ed Oliver.  Two others that will be back .  The worst was losing Milano.  But it’s a long season.  I think you realize NE and Jets have no shot.