Psychedelic music

dragster

:) My rockin' tastes include an often mistreated and ignored kind of music: psychedelic music. By psychedelic music I mean anything "mind-opening" and NOT necessarily and strictly drug-oriented music from The Beatles to Midnight Movies (band from L.A.).

I dig early Pink Floyd, Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Syd Barrett, Roky Erikson and the 13th Floor Elevators, Eric Stumpo's Plan 9, The Pandoras, etc. etc. etc.

And you?? :)

ORGANFREAKOUTalbumTheMustang.jpg

PSYCHEDELICGIRLflashing.gif

PINKFLOYDPSYCHMOUTHanimated.gif

Hi!! Great band indeed. My fave song by QMS has gotta be "Don'ìt Cry My Lady Love".....pity Dino Valenti and John Cipollina have left us :( :(

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bqVVnExlX9c

Indeed, for awhile I used to think that the chord changes in What About Me? kind of embodied the bay area psych sound. Kind of jazzy, got the flute touches in there....takes you to a different place for sure!

• 1 month later...
:) My rockin' tastes include an often mistreated and ignored kind of music: psychedelic music. By psychedelic music I mean anything "mind-opening" and NOT necessarily and strictly drug-oriented music from The Beatles to Midnight Movies (band from L.A.).

I dig early Pink Floyd, Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Syd Barrett, Roky Erikson and the 13th Floor Elevators, Eric Stumpo's Plan 9, The Pandoras, etc. etc. etc.

And you?? :)

Oh my word, yes:

• 1 year later...

I like Jefferson Airplane too. I also like "I'd Like To Get To Know You" by Spanky & Our Gang. Speaking of "rascals", haha, some of The Young Rascals' songs from Once Upon A Dream album are psychodelic. Love that album. Sorry can't think of the particular tunes right now. :P

Edited by Fan_S.

I like Jefferson Airplane too.

excellent band

along with other "San Franciso Sound" bands - Big Brother and the Holding Company, Fifty Foot Hose, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Country Joe and the Fish, The Great Society, The Charlatans, Moby Grape, ...

these bands introduced psychedelia into USA, and encouraged the hippie movement

I like psychedelic music, especially psychedelic rock, of course. My favorite bands are: The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, The Grateful Dead, The Jimi Hendrix Experience and other bands. I like to listen to it when I'm really into mood for that. I try to ignore the inspiration and connection with drugs. Great music.