LOST: Season IV

Hermit

I think the old woman was Walt's grandmother. First because I think that if Walt was dead he would want to go home. Second because the picture of the teenager on the wall resembled Walt, at least to me. If she was Mr. Eko's grandmother, wouldn't she have an African accent?

I'm wondering why Des didn't go with Locke and Sawyer, he knew better than anyone that the "rescue" wasn't what they thought it was. Too early to for any speculation on my part. Maybe Des is sticking because that is what he has to do, or is meant to do....

We now know five of the Oceanic 6 (Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid and now the baby Aaron). Is it possible that Des in number six because he was the only other one who left on the helicopter that Sayid was on? And since Sayid is one of the six, wouldn't Des be the other one rescued?

We now know five of the Oceanic 6 (Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid and now the baby Aaron). Is it possible that Des in number six because he was the only other one who left on the helicopter that Sayid was on? And since Sayid is one of the six, wouldn't Des be the other one rescued?

It may be premature to consider Aaron one of the 6. He was never on the Oceanic flight, and hence he didn't "survive" the crash. He was conceived on the island. He did 'make it off the island' though, and in that context he is a survivor, I suppose.

He may be one of the 6, but I don't think that's been made entirely clear yet.

Uhh..as if anything about this show is ever made entirely clear,.. right? slapface.gif

:wacko:

:lol:

Del, your connection between Sayid being one of the 6, and --> Sayid and Des both being on the helicopter, and --> therefore Des possibly also being one of the 6.. seems to make pretty good sense. B)

Next week we (possibly) learn the fate of that helicopter flight. We'll see... :whistling:

If this is Claire's Aaron then he would have been on 815 in utero. As usual, the producers are wanting us to guess is he Claire's? or Kate's? if Kate, who is the father and how did she survive pregnancy on the island? I'm leaning towards the theory that Claire had to give him to Kate at last minute, maybe she gets killed or couldn't get rescued. Kate was adamant with her attorney not to use her son as way to shorten or keep her out of prison so it sounds like there was some type of "noble gesture" involved that would play on sympathy of jurors. Also, did anyone else here think the little boy looked like he had Downs Syndrome? Would that play into storyline somehow?

I agree about Desmond not being an Oceanic 6.....who will it be next week? Locke or Sawyer?

Except Desmond wasn't on the plane. He can't be one of "the oceanic 6" because he wasn't ever on Oceanic Flight 815.

Good point. I forgot that Des was already on

the island.. in the bunker.. pushing the button. :D

If Des is one of the 6, Ben would also be.

..but neither are.

good catch, Mona! :beer:

If this is Claire's Aaron then he would have been on 815 in utero.

Aaron was conceived by Sawyer and Kate.. on the island.. in the polar bear cage.

..and Jack watched it happen.. via surveillance camera.

..remember? ;)

Kate to Jack in this week's episode:

"I understand why don't want to see him (the baby)".

If it was Claire's baby, why would jack not want to see him? huh.gif

Del, your connection between Sayid being one of the 6, and --> Sayid and Des both being on the helicopter, and --> therefore Des possibly also being one of the 6.. seems to make pretty good sense. B)

Next week we (possibly) learn the fate of that helicopter flight. We'll see... :whistling:

I saw that episode (the one airing next Thursday) yesterday and it is one of the best ones yet in my opinion. The writers are taking things to a whole new level. And not to give anything away, but yes the helicopter flight is prominent in this episode.

Aaron was conceived by Sawyer and Kate.. on the island.. in the polar bear cage.

..and Jack watched it happen.. via surveillance camera.

..remember? ;)

No, Aaron is Claire's baby. Unless Kate and Sawyer had a baby and they decided to name him Aaron too?

Do you think that Kate's whole purpose for sleeping with Sawyer was to get pregnant? It's interesting that the title of that episode is "Eggtown." I don't think it had to do with just the eggs Locke was cooking for Ben. The whole purpose of that part of the Dharma project seemed to suggest something about fertility.

Kate to Jack in this week's episode:

"I understand why don't want to see him (the baby)".

If it was Claire's baby, why would jack not want to see him? huh.gif

Maybe has something to do with the circumstances of how the baby came to be with Kate? Obviously the 'Oceanic six' (whoever they all are) are being forced to live a lie that they all seem to have a problem with.

Also:

Desmond or anyone else could be one of the so called 'Oceanic 6' because obviously that too has a lot of lies around it. The helicopter pilot already said that the official story of the fate of the Oceanic flight had been contrived.

I saw that episode (the one airing next Thursday) yesterday and it is one of the best ones yet in my opinion. The writers are taking things to a whole new level. And not to give anything away, but yes the helicopter flight is prominent in this episode.

You're right Del, last night's "The Constant" is one of the best episodes yet, if not THE best. It was so unique in the way that it focused on just the one plot line, almost like a mini-movie that could be enjoyed even if you haven't followed LOST. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and came close to crying (gawd how I love Desmond, I think he's my new fav) but the ending was upbeat & cheerful and left me feeling so good. I mean the phone call with Penny, that was near the end, right? They don't leave you feeling optimistic like that too often. A fantastic episode all-around!

You're right Del, last night's "The Constant" is one of the best episodes yet, if not THE best. It was so unique in the way that it focused on just the one plot line, almost like a mini-movie that could be enjoyed even if you haven't followed LOST. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and came close to crying (gawd how I love Desmond, I think he's my new fav) but the ending was upbeat & cheerful and left me feeling so good. I mean the phone call with Penny, that was near the end, right? They don't leave you feeling optimistic like that too often. A fantastic episode all-around!

The series is really getting better and better. Next weeks episode will answer what the helicopter team's primary objective was for coming to the island, and more about Ben and Juliet.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some obvious insights I have for next season......

We now know that Locke is the one in the coffin raises more questions that's going to be answered next season. One things for sure, like Ben; Locke can get off the island with help from the others and is able to go under many aliases as well when back on land, which explains why he's intered under a different name......

Jin is not dead, he was winded off the boat by the explosion and was later rescued by Daniel, who along with other losties were on thier way to the boat......

Things will be tight for Desmond as Penny's being hunted by Ben, who's daughter was executed by Widmore's men...

If someone's to die on the island, only Hurley will know first. He sees dead people now....

Micheal's not dead, Christian could've saved him....

Those are only my theories, but we'll have to see what could become of 'em next year. :(

Hoooray! The island disappeared when Ben turned the wheel, and my wife finally admitted that we have been wasting our time for 3 years watching this nonsense. Flashback, flashforward - can you say "Thursday night sex" in the future? Hooooooyaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Archived