Pet Peeves

Hotplant

It bothers me to get gift cards, because I think, "where's the effort?" When I buy a gift for anyone, I take the time to first think about that person-what are their likes/dislikes, hobbies, favorite sports teams, what they liek to eat/drink, etc. etc. And then I go out and search for a gift. So it makes me feel like the person who gave me the gift card doesn't care as much about me as I do about them...

I guess the question about gift cards is why don't they just send cash. Which IMO is the best way to go. I mean think about it, how many items that were purchased for you last year do you use frequently or better yet, how many gifts have you swallowed hard and said "ohhhhh thank you?" When in the back of your head your thinking WTF is this? I think people pass around old gifts every year, but what do I know.

I do love the dinners and time together though, which I think we've gotten way away from. Was the pagan holiday meant to buy tennis shoes which flash and have satellite locater's on them?

No!

Keep your people close and loved and this they will remember. Enjoy the gift cards too.

I will send an addy for everyone to send cash to very soon.

JK

Happy holidays.

* Spell edit

When people talk talk talk talk through movies...

When people 'shmack' when they chew...

Oh I hate the smacking one. Will you bitch slap all of them :D It is now a requirement...if you eat food you must eat it appropriately or ZOSOGIRL93 bitch slaps the snot right out of you :D

I guess the question about gift cards is why don't they just send cash. Which IMO is the best way to go. I mean think about it, how many items that were purchased for you last year do you use frequently or better yet, how many gifts have you swallowed hard and said "ohhhhh thank you?" When in the back of your head your thinking WTF is this? I think people pass around old gifts every year, but what do I know.

I do love the dinners and time together though, which I think we've gotten way away from. Was the pagan holiday meant to buy tennis shoes which flash and have satellite locater's on them?

No!

Keep your people close and loved and this they will remember. Enjoy the gift cards too.

I will send an addy for everyone to send cash to very soon.

JK

Happy holidays.

* Spell edit

:huh: Do you haveapraypal_fun01.jpg?

People who go out of their way to aggravate you when they don't need to do so. It's too bad, but some people just don't have your best interests at heart.(Not you, Dancin' Days.)

I hope not, EL. I always have peoples best interests at heart. I know what you mean though. It also sucks when you do something for someone in their best interest and they take it the wrong way and you end up being the ass.

People complaining about what other people's threads are about. Everyone has a right to make a thread about what he or she wants. If you don't like it, tough shit! :D

But sir.....we have people here who think they are gods and this board is their only world. Don't demote them, the sheer horror of it frightens me.

People who stick their noses where they don't belong. Grudges by those who have no involvement to substantiate their bitterness. People who completely misread, things, take words and add their own embellishments which degrade an original message to the point of exaggeration, hyperbole and falsehood.

People, stay just a little bit longer

We want to play -- just a little bit longer

Now the promoter don`t mind

And the union don`t mind

If we take a little time

And we leave it all behind and sing

One more song--

Insecure girls/suitemates who spend all night fighting/making-up/fighting/making-up with boyfriends who they think are cheating on them. Hell, I'd cheat on you too if I had a girlfriend as fucking annoying as you are. I can only lie awake at night listening to you say "Oh no you di'int" for so long.

/rant.

Political discussion.

We were talking about our governor in English today. And I asked a girl in my class if she was republican. No harm done, right? WRONG! The teacher flipped out on me. Then it turned to abortion, which only one girl was pro choice. Then it was gay marriage, and I don't see a problem with it. Sorry that I accept people adn you like to make fun of them. My TEACHER was making derogitory comments. :rant:

Political discussion.

We were talking about our governor in English today. And I asked a girl in my class if she was republican. No harm done, right? WRONG! The teacher flipped out on me. Then it turned to abortion, which only one girl was pro choice. Then it was gay marriage, and I don't see a problem with it. Sorry that I accept people adn you like to make fun of them. My TEACHER was making derogitory comments. :rant:

I hate political discussions too. This kind of discussions always become pointless arguments in which you're never allowed to say what you really think because if you'll do that someone else will attack you or state that you're completely wrong and then it will be dragged into a stupid fight about who's right and who's wrong. I remember when I was at high-school we had some political dissussions in our class that were always turned into a complete chaos and the teacher always had to stop 'em and get people out of class...

I don't care whether I offende someone or not. It's my opinion, they don't have to agree because it's based on my idea. It just people get so defensive. It does bother me when people only believe certain things because their parents preach that to them. My political and religious ideas are my own. Not given by my parents. The girl who I was agruing with said she'd been republican for 15 years. Excuse me, you are 15. Did you come out of the womb republican? No, you were raised republican. Then she continued to say it was hypocritical to be a democratic christian. That's ridiculous, imho. She says that her "Christian values" got her republican. My friend, who was raised Christian, is not republican, nor is christian. It just bothers me when people take an idea because their parents force it on them.

Then they started making fun of gays and that really makes me mad. I'm not gay, but I know people who are, and they are people too. They aren't any different. You can't look at a person and know they are gay. The gay people I know are really nice, genuine people. They deserve the same chances in life everyone else does. I don't think society should put them down because they are jsut a bit different in that sense. When I say different, I mean that they are normal as people, just have a different orientation. To me, someone who is gay is just as normal as someone who is straight. It shouldn't make any difference.

Insecure girls/suitemates who spend all night fighting/making-up/fighting/making-up with boyfriends who they think are cheating on them. Hell, I'd cheat on you too if I had a girlfriend as fucking annoying as you are. I can only lie awake at night listening to you say "Oh no you di'int" for so long.

/rant.

To be fair, I've burst into tears when I've argued with my boyfriend over my insecurities, but I have an anxiety disorder and I've never said 'Oh no you di'int'. I'd probably chuck 'em as well, if they said that to me. I've never cried out of manipulation, and I don't change my tune as soon as said fight is over. I'm still hung up on the argument days, if not, weeks later.

Political discussion.

Along with imposing their political beliefs on students, the teacher is not only being politically incorrect, they're also being unprofessional and ignorant.

I'm of the belief that you can think and feel whatever you want so long as you don't impose that belief on others, or make them feel bad for their own beliefs, etc. Especially when you're in the environment where you have to deal with impressionable young people and educate them.

Archived