The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

We beat the crap out the Islanders last night.I think we took some frustration out on them.Those are the teams we are supposed to beat.I think the next 4 out of 5 games are against teams that are not in the playoff hunt.We need to take advantage of that luck and rack up some points!

We've got Tampa tonight.Go Canes!

Roy scores!!!! Sabres tie the game at 3-3!!! :nhl:

Alfredson fractures jaw. Ottawa cant lose him and make it. Happened in the Vancouver game. Canucks lead 4-0. thanks for the help Vancouver. Now we must win the third period against Philly!

We lose 6-3. Two empty netters. Dont know why Lindy let them get another free one? One bad short handed goal did us in. Could have won this game. We need Vanek back but a couple of bad turnovers hurt us. I think we could have won this game very easily though . Neither team played their A game.

My condolences, Yukon.....you team is still in the top 8 so try not to worry..

Leafs play Canucks Sat eve in TO...Sportscasters wondering what kind of reaction Sundin will get...

Stay tuned for the continuing story of GO LEAFS GO :cheer:

My condolences, Yukon.....you team is still in the top 8 so try not to worry..

Leafs play Canucks Sat eve in TO...Sportscasters wondering what kind of reaction Sundin will get...

Stay tuned for the continuing story of GO LEAFS GO :cheer:

Yeah Juliet, everyone is wondering. My guess is that he'll get a good reaction from most with a few boobirds. He did play 13 yrs in Toronto and I think most Leaf fans will respect that. Once the game starts though,all bet's are off... and so they should be. :D

Hey Black Dawg. Your Caps let me down. Let Montreal get at least a point as its going to OT> So are you a Caps fan or a Flyers fan? You said you are taping the Sabres/Flyers game tomorrow? You like them both? Guasted will play against Philly as Gerbe has been sent back to Portland of the AHL. Talllinder and Afinagenov are almost ready too. Wish Vanek were. GO SABRES!!!! :nhl_checking:

LETS GO BUFF-A LO!!!!!!! :cheer:

I saw that but you did not help yourselves with The Flyers "You Let off The Hook" Denny Green. The Flyers sealed the game when they broke the tie. They came up with about 5 loose pucks in that attack in the zone. Your defense was like a busted brazaire ( no support) to Miller. You also pulled him to early and let them get two empty net goals.

You'll have to do better than that in last quarter of the season. Points will get stingy and goal differentials will come into play.

Trade rumours on ESPN say that Nedermeyer and Pronger could be moved by Anaheim? Saying Vancouver would be a logical place for Neidermeyer? I wish the Sabres would go after Pronger though I know they would never spend the money. If he were a Sabre, just hand us the Cup now.

The Neidermeyer rumour has been circling for a number of months now. That's because he's a BC boy etc. Not sure how realistic a trade with us would be. Pronger could easily go to Buffalo in a rent a player deal but my guess is that he is heading for Toronto by next season anyway's.

The Habs are in deep trouble!!! :D They cant seem to stop the free fall!!! :D Price cant stop a beach ball. Sending players home, alleged gangster relationships, Happy anniversary Montreal!!! B)

I think that the leaf fans should cheer for Sundin up until the puck drops. B)

Go Leafs Go!!!

The Habs are in deep trouble!!! :D They cant seem to stop the free fall!!! :D Price cant stop a beach ball. Sending players home, alleged gangster relationships, Happy anniversary Montreal!!! B)

I think that the leaf fans should cheer for Sundin up until the puck drops. B)

Go Leafs Go!!!

Yeah, Iagree about Sundin. Untill the puck drops and not a moment longer. I don't want him thinking he's still a Leaf :P:lol:

I see Carolina is winning again. This time its Tampa. Last time the Islanders. Who the hell made their damn schedule? Who do they play next? Probably Atlanta. I wish we had a dick schedule. :wall:

We got Colorado next and then we have you dicks on our dick schedule.Or are we the dicks on your dick schedule?You got a dick schedule and don't even know it! You got to beat the teams you're supposed to beat.Period.

The next All Star game will be hosted by the Carolina Hurricanes. When and where not yet determined. No game next year as the Winter Olympics will take place. That of course is far more exciting than any All Star game. It is said that the goalie for the United States will be a toss up between Ryan Miller of the Sabres and Tim Thomas of the Bruins. Will depend on who is playing better at the time I suppose. I hope that Ruff gets some consideration to coach team Canada? He would be a fine choice.

Ruff would be a great coach for Canada Yukon. If he isn't head coach then I think he will certainly be an assistant to whoever is named. Brian Burke is the GM of team USA so I would think that Wilson will be his choice as head coach. Ruff may even be concidered for team USA in some capacity. I'll be making a side bet on team USA. I think they are going to be the sleeper team of the Olympics. Lot's of talent and playing on NHL sized ice is going to help. Don't underestimate the squad they can put together. They'll be hungry too.

It's Hockey Day in Canada today on the CBC. Games all day long as all the Canadian teams are playing against each other. It's a cool idea and one of the few good moves the league brass have agreed to in the last couple of years. I'm looking forward to the Canuck / Leafs game but I think the Battle Of Alberta will be the game to watch. That should be a real barn burner

Good day so far. Sabres lead the Rangers 3-0 after two.

hey Rorer, is the Staal for the Rangers related to the one that plays for Carolina? He isnt nearly as good of course.

If we win this game we catch the Rangers. I dont like the Rangers chances. What is going on in Toronto Ally? I think Vancouver will win, they are down 2-1. But that could change before I post this. :nhl_checking:

RangerSuckLogo.gif

hey Rorer, is the Staal for the Rangers related to the one that plays for Carolina? He isnt nearly as good of course.

If we win this game we catch the Rangers. I dont like the Rangers chances. What is going on in Toronto Ally? I think Vancouver will win, they are down 2-1. But that could change before I post this. :nhl_checking:

Well, from Matts Sundin's point of view, you couldn't have really have written a better ending. Scoring the shootout winner on his return to Toronto...WOW. As I expected, the Leaf fans showed a hell of a lot of class by giving him a standing ovation during the first period . Good to see B)

Yeah they're brothers. Marc is on the Rangers,Jordan is on the Penguins and they say that there's another one (Jared) that's coming along and he's supposed to be better than all of them! :o

Well, from Matts Sundin's point of view, you couldn't have really have written a better ending. Scoring the shootout winner on his return to Toronto...WOW. As I expected, the Leaf fans showed a hell of a lot of class by giving him a standing ovation during the first period . Good to see B)

The Leafs looked good last night!! Halfway through the third it was 2-1 and I honestly turned to my wife and said 3-2 Vancouver and Sundin gets the shoot out winner. It just made sense for the big swede on such a night! After his standing O he looked like he was in tears. A great night at the ACC!!

Yes I predicted the outcome of the game...I just need to work on the lotto a bit harder B)

The Leafs looked good last night!! Halfway through the third it was 2-1 and I honestly turned to my wife and said 3-2 Vancouver and Sundin gets the shoot out winner. It just made sense for the big swede on such a night! After his standing O he looked like he was in tears. A great night at the ACC!!

Yes I predicted the outcome of the game...I just need to work on the lotto a bit harder B)

Yeah, Matts was in tears. It was a nice moment.

The Leafs did play well last night and TBH, I thought we were a bit lucky to win. Still , the Leafs did get a point and no doubt, it was the best game of the three that were played yesterday.

:wtf:

The Penguins are on national TV AGAIN!!! Poster boy Crosby. Im so sick of that team. I hope Washington buries them. They arent going anywhere. And neither are the Rangers.

I see its 5-2 Washington. Good. Take that you Penguins. I thnk that myself, Ally, Rorer, Black Dawg and Juliet could lace em up and beat the Penguins. :D

Juliet would be our secret weapon. They'd all be so distracted we'd have Flurey at our mercy. :D

1st star...Juliet B)

:wtf:

The Penguins are on national TV AGAIN!!! Poster boy Crosby. Im so sick of that team. I hope Washington buries them. They arent going anywhere. And neither are the Rangers.

I see its 5-2 Washington. Good. Take that you Penguins. I thnk that myself, Ally, Rorer, Black Dawg and Juliet could lace em up and beat the Penguins. :D

I haven't laced 'em up since I broke my ankle on the pond 8 years ago.

The Caps helped you out by knocking the icebirds off. I missed the fight between Crosby and O-V. Is it worth searchin for it on Youtube?

At least the Leafs won. But the Rangers sucked out a point. But Im sure they are not happy with it. I hear Miller may be out quite a while. Bad news for us. We have to win without him and get in. I would think he would be back for the playoffs as we cant go far without him. I think Vanek will return before him. It sucks.

Are you ready to rumble?

Excuse me.....but who cares how they looked ...THEY LOST

Ally....thanks for the compliment...but the only way I could distract a young hockey player would be to...ohhh I won't say it...don't want to be banned from here..:lol:

WELL YOU ARE DONE LEAFS....IN MY OPINION....I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO WATCH ANYMORE GAMES..

Juliet :coffee:

Excuse me.....but who cares how they looked ...THEY LOST

Ally....thanks for the compliment...but the only way I could distract a young hockey player would be to...ohhh I won't say it...don't want to be banned from here..:lol:

WELL YOU ARE DONE LEAFS....IN MY OPINION....I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO WATCH ANYMORE GAMES..

Juliet :coffee:

This teams season was over last summer! We have been in need of a rebuild for a few years now. When I say that they looked good ..but still lost, I am referring to the effort put forth by the team!! Some games this year they have failed to even show up or looked disinterested in playing. I can put up with them sucking for a few years as long as I see improvements in the team. Drafting some good players for a change, no steens, Stajans and a long list of others. They seem to be the only team that doesn't find a real diamond in the rough like Detroit seems to always do. Yes it still hurts when they loose, but when they pullout one of those games where they look good it makes the win that much sweeter!!

Go Leafs Go!!!...Bring Back The Glory!!!