The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Thomas Vanek is set to return next Wednesday at home against Montreal. I will be at the game two nights later against Phoenix and am happy that Ill get to see Vanek. I am sure Miller wont be back by then though. The Ducks and Penguins deal to me is a deal of two teams that will fall short in my opinion. Especially the Ducks. No shot in my opinion. The other teams they are up against have games in hand also.

Thomas Vanek is set to return next Wednesday at home against Montreal.  I will be at the game two nights later against Phoenix and am happy that Ill get to see Vanek.  I am sure Miller wont be back by then though.  The Ducks and Penguins deal to me is a deal of two teams that will fall short in my opinion.  Especially the Ducks.  No shot in my opinion.  The other teams they are up against have games in hand also.
Well as reported on Sports Net. Whitney going to the Ducks is the key to the Ducks trading Pronger.Obviously Anaheim feel that defence is not their problem and are willing to bring Whitney in and trade Pronger for either draft choices or another proven forward. Whitney is a good one and had a great playoff last year. He's been injured most of this season however

I understand. they have played well. they never seem to look good against us but they really have surprized me with some of their wins. I hope they make it next year too. Just not at our expense. At either Montreal or Ottawa or Boston's. I hate Montreal and Otttawa and Philly more than any teams. Im starting to hate the Rangeres and Carolina (thanks to Rorer) almost as much. But Ill never hate anyone more than the Flyers and Montreal. Hope the Leafs get better. We have the Islanders Saturday and that is a game we should win. Carolina has Atlanta and should win but they gave Washington a fight yesterday and beat Anaheim 8-4. They have Kovalchuk. I wish we had him. Whatever happens the Leafs should keep Wilson. He is a good coach. Not his fault they arent in position.

Hope this makes you feel better Yukon.....

pg2_a_clarke_412.jpg

P.S. Maybe one day you'll see your team win one. :lol:

OUCH!!!

Ancient history. In recent years we have owned the Flyers and he knows it. Parent I say was the best goalie ever. Period. Even better than Jacque Plant, not by much though. The Sabres were by far the better team but we had no goalie as good as Parent. We did have a guy named Gilbert Perrault who was as good a player that ever put on a pair of skates. The Sabres were only in the league 5 yrs when that final took place. Philly has never won one since.

Ancient history. In recent years we have owned the Flyers and he knows it. Parent I say was the best goalie ever. Period. Even better than Jacque Plant, not by much though. The Sabres were by far the better team but we had no goalie as good as Parent. We did have a guy named Gilbert Perrault who was as good a player that ever put on a pair of skates. The Sabres were only in the league 5 yrs when that final took place. Philly has never won one since.

I think Terry Sawchuck was the best goalie Yukon. Plante was a great one though.

Don't hate :lol:

666 posts..... Boo!

I think Terry Sawchuck was the best goalie Yukon. Plante was a great one though.

Don't hate :lol:

666 posts..... Boo!

Thanks for seeing that. Now its 667. Flyers suck. Got to mention Glen Hall too I guess. I do think the modern day goalies have it too easy. The pads are too big. Just look at how litte room there is to score a goal.

Get real, please. The playoff records are five rounds for us (including a Stanley Cup) and three for you. Yes, you've had our number lately but I'll still take ours.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=buff...t&type=lgns

P.S. Didn't you love the goal John LeClair scored years back? The one that went through the side of the net. One of my faves of all time. :D

Get real, please. The playoff records are five rounds for us (including a Stanley Cup) and three for you. Yes, you've had our number lately but I'll still take ours.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=buff...t&type=lgns

P.S. Didn't you love the goal John LeClair scored years back? The one that went through the side of the net. One of my faves of all time. :D

Your fuckin boys lost to Montreal. The dicks couldnt even help us out. :wtf:

Oh and Rorer, if you see this, I forgot to say I liked Carolina's uniforms way better than their usual. Never saw those. Must be their third jersey?

Oh and Rorer, if you see this, I forgot to say I liked Carolina's uniforms way better than their usual. Never saw those. Must be their third jersey?

We need some D. Randy Jones blows the big one.

Thanks for seeing that. Now its 667. Flyers suck. Got to mention Glen Hall too I guess. I do think the modern day goalies have it too easy. The pads are too big. Just look at how litte room there is to score a goal.

My vote goes for Gump Worsley :D

Damb, somehow the Penguins stole one in Chicago. Puts more pressure on the teams in front. I see your boys got a fight from Tampa Ally. No such thing as an easy game in this league. I wonder what the Islanders have up their sleeves for us? You mentioned Worsley. He sure wouldn't have won any beauty contests. I dont think he was in the caliber of Hall, Plante, Parent, Hasek, Sawchuk, or even Eddie Giacomon. Im sure I spelled that wrong by the way.

Damb, somehow the Penguins stole one in Chicago. Puts more pressure on the teams in front. I see your boys got a fight from Tampa Ally. No such thing as an easy game in this league. I wonder what the Islanders have up their sleeves for us? You mentioned Worsley. He sure wouldn't have won any beauty contests. I dont think he was in the caliber of Hall, Plante, Parent, Hasek, Sawchuk, or even Eddie Giacomon. Im sure I spelled that wrong by the way.

Was having a joke about Worsley. He was a good one though but not high on any lists that's for sure.

No beauty contests... :D No kidding !

From what I've heard this morning, we were quite lucky last night . Still, a win is a win and if this had been back in Jan. it's a game we probably would have lost. Just like during the playoffs, everyone needs to win the odd game that they don't deserve to win. Most good teams do during the course of the year. You are absolutely right about no easy games.

Was having a joke about Worsley. He was a good one though but not high on any lists that's for sure.

No beauty contests... :D No kidding !

From what I've heard this morning, we were quite lucky last night . Still, a win is a win and if this had been back in Jan. it's a game we probably would have lost. Just like during the playoffs, everyone needs to win the odd game that they don't deserve to win. Most good teams do during the course of the year. You are absolutely right about no easy games.

Damn Ally, its got to be 6 am in your neck of the woods. You are an early riser on a Saturday especially given your condition last night. :P Yes, a win sure helps. We really need one tonight. I just cant see losing to the Islanders but they have played better since the all star break. I believe that Buffalo is the best team in the state of NY by far at the moment.

Rumours involving Tim Connelly, who after returning from a long injury has 26 pts in 28 games, wondering if he will be moved if Regier gets a juicy offer. Regier is saying they want to keep him, as I do, but between now and Wed something may happen.

Damn Ally, its got to be 6 am in your neck of the woods. You are an early riser on a Saturday especially given your condition last night. :P Yes, a win sure helps. We really need one tonight. I just cant see losing to the Islanders but they have played better since the all star break. I believe that Buffalo is the best team in the state of NY by far at the moment.

Rumours involving Tim Connelly, who after returning from a long injury has 26 pts in 28 games, wondering if he will be moved if Regier gets a juicy offer. Regier is saying they want to keep him, as I do, but between now and Wed something may happen.

Yeah, it is about 6 am. Dog woke me up. I feel good though :lol:

Hadn't heard about Connelly but I'm guessing that Regier is making it known that he is open to trade talks in general. This Pronger rumour is an interesting one because I think he could be the missing link for so many playoff bound teams. I still think he'll end up in Toronto next year but he may go there via another club first.

Yeah, it is about 6 am. Dog woke me up. I feel good though :lol:

Hadn't heard about Connelly but I'm guessing that Regier is making it known that he is open to trade talks in general. This Pronger rumour is an interesting one because I think he could be the missing link for so many playoff bound teams. I still think he'll end up in Toronto next year but he may go there via another club first.

Yea, I think he will be for rent. Probably by the damn Rangers. But he isnt what he used to be. I think he could help my team but they would never go for it. Not their way of doing things. Money strapped always. Its tough to win when you are in a small market. But we are lucky to have as good a team as we do. Thanks to Darcy spotting good talent like Pommenville and Roy and getting smart pickups like Rivet. We need to beat the Islanders. The race couldnt be any tighter. Only Boston and the Devils are truly safe in the East. And the west too. Nashville has a shot now.

Yea, I think he will be for rent. Probably by the damn Rangers. But he isnt what he used to be. I think he could help my team but they would never go for it. Not their way of doing things. Money strapped always. Its tough to win when you are in a small market. But we are lucky to have as good a team as we do. Thanks to Darcy spotting good talent like Pommenville and Roy and getting smart pickups like Rivet. We need to beat the Islanders. The race couldnt be any tighter. Only Boston and the Devils are truly safe in the East. And the west too. Nashville has a shot now.

The league will be happy to see it being such a tight race as well. I heard this morning that because of the economic situation, they are going to consider lowering the cap for next year. If true, that will play big in any upcoming deals and certainly change the bargaining power for a lot of unrestricted free agents

Yeah they're new this year.I like them as well.I almost bought one when we went to see them in November! I figured that I could get one online cheaper.No luck yet.

We're supposed to play 15 home games in them this year.Especially when we need to inject the fear of god into our opponents.Kinda like the Raiders thing. :rolleyes:

Yeah they're new this year.I like them as well.I almost bought one when we went to see them in November! I figured that I could get one online cheaper.No luck yet.

We're supposed to play 15 home games in them this year.Especially when we need to inject the fear of god into our opponents.Kinda like the Raiders thing. :rolleyes:

The price of an NHL jersey is crazy. I have a replica Sabres jersey, the old blue and gold road jersey. I paid about $157 for that with no name. The replica's are just as good as the authentic in my opinion. The authentic are about $300 I think. Crazy. Good news. Florida got rolled by the Devils.

They are expensive and I agree that the replica's are just a s nice.Did you say that you got one of these?I always liked this logo!

auth_jersey_dark_big.jpg

That is good news! Now if only if we can beat Atlanta tonight.I'm not taking any teams lightly anymore.Know what I mean?

They are expensive and I agree that the replica's are just a s nice.Did you say that you got one of these?I always liked this logo!

auth_jersey_dark_big.jpg

That is good news! Now if only if we can beat Atlanta tonight.I'm not taking any teams lightly anymore.Know what I mean?

Yes indeed Rorer, that is it. I thought I had posted a pic of me wearing it but I cant find it. I have it somewhere, may post it later. I agree that nobody can be taken lightly. The Islanders have played well at home lately and IM sure they will remember our last visit when we beat them 7-1. Atlanta put up a good fight against Washington the other night and somehow managed to win at Anaheim 8-4. They have Kovalchuk who can kill any team. Still, I think we both win tonight.

auth_jersey_dark_big.jpg

That Sabres jersey is a beauty. One of the best logo's in sports if you ask me B)

Archived