The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Hey Juliet. We just got this kid Moore from the Leafs. What do you think of him? I guess he is having a breakout season. I hope he helps the Sabres.

Yukon:

I realize I did not write a complete sentence when answering your question. I shall try again.

I do not keep track of the "stats" on a player. I look at the whole team. The exception is Toskala because I like his name and I was upset with Burke and Wilson when they were bad-mouthing Vesa about his performance...they should have done that job evaluation in the locker room...

I heard "Nic" being interviewed and it sounds like he's happy about going to The Sabres...He didn't get The Leafs into the play-offs so you can have him...

I also heard Burke being interviewed. He's intent on building a team...He used an analogy about the guy is going to ride off on a horse with a girl at the end and there will be a parade...WTF....Are The Leafs a fairy tale now ? With a girl?? Please tell me I didn't hear that?

Oh Brian...the analogy is they ride off into the sunset....and live happily everafter!!!! :rolleyes:

Juliet

PS Re..your invitation to The Sabres game on Friday....no can do...start work the next day @ 8 a.m. thanks anyway.....HAVE A GREAT TIME....

Yukon:

I realize I did not write a complete sentence when answering your question. I shall try again.

I do not keep track of the "stats" on a player. I look at the whole team. The exception is Toskala because I like his name and I was upset with Burke and Wilson when they were bad-mouthing Vesa about his performance...they should have done that job evaluation in the locker room...

I heard "Nic" being interviewed and it sounds like he's happy about going to The Sabres...He didn't get The Leafs into the play-offs so you can have him...

I also heard Burke being interviewed. He's intent on building a team...He used an analogy about the guy is going to ride off on a horse with a girl at the end and there will be a parade...WTF....Are The Leafs a fairy tale now ? With a girl?? Please tell me I didn't hear that?

Oh Brian...the analogy is they ride off into the sunset....and live happily everafter!!!! :rolleyes:

Juliet

PS Re..your invitation to The Sabres game on Friday....no can do...start work the next day @ 8 a.m. thanks anyway.....HAVE A GREAT TIME....

Hi Juliet

I live in Vancouver and I must say I can't stand Brian Burke [sorry ally :P ]

His arrogance and his scowly jowly widdo face[he loves the camera] is gonna drive you crazy. I'm glad he is no longer the GM here[although I'm not to crazy about the one we got now] Anyways , fill your perscription of blood pressure meds and get used to the 'Life Of Brian' and 'lil buddy Dave.

Babs :wave:

Hi Juliet

I live in Vancouver and I must say I can't stand Brian Burke [sorry ally :P ]

His arrogance and his scowly jowly widdo face[he loves the camera] is gonna drive you crazy. I'm glad he is no longer the GM here[although I'm not to crazy about the one we got now] Anyways , fill your perscription of blood pressure meds and get used to the 'Life Of Brian' and 'lil buddy Dave.

Babs :wave:

I like Burke, he seems like a no bullshit straight shooter. JFJ was a joke. Yes Burke and Wilson said some things about Toskala, but he was not playing up to his abilities. He was playing his best hockey after management called him and Nik out. Burke is not afraid to say his piece even if it ruffles a few feathers at the Maple Leaf country club B) . It was also very nice to see the Sabres spank the Habs! Lets go Buffalo!! And as always Go Leafs Go!!!

Another win for Pittsburgh. that sucks for both of us Rorer. But it sucks for Florida too who better be carefull. The Rangers wont get the Islanders every night. Somehow Phoenix managed to steal one in Boston. I am figuring that must have taken much out of them? The Sabres have NEVER lost a regulation game when I have been in the building That includes the old Aud. Cant wait for tonight.

Nothing like being there Yukon. Enjoy :beer:

Phoenix tried to run Lalime and he grabbed the guy by his head and tried pushing his head into the ice. It got kind of nasty there. I was in front of all the action. I am taping it today as its on TV again to see that incident again. If we can beat our old nemesis tonight in Ottawa we will be rewarded with not only catching Montreal, but passing Pittsburgh and the Rangers. Carolina and Buffalo can both pass them. And tomorrow the Rangers play a pissed off Boston team and Pittsburgh will go against a pissed off Washington team. We should beat Ottawa but they are always trouble. You guys found that out last week didnt you Rorer? Nice win over Calgary, looks like you jumped on them early. I do think we caught two western teams that played the night before not on their best but I was surprised that Phoenix had as much stability as they did even in the third period. I think the trades inspired them. Anyway, Sabres win! :cheer::nhl_checking:

I have to thankl both you and Rorer for doing the Canucks a favour last night. Both Connelly and Cole had big games. Watched the highlites when I got home but as hard as I tried Yukon, I couldn't see ya in the crowd :D

I was 8 rows up from the glass and Lalime was to my left in the first and third period. Great time! A couple from Toronto sat next to us. they took a pic of us at my wife's request. May get it downloaded later.

Gretsky got his won team in trouble with only about 3 minutes left with a bench minor. Called the ref something? Pommenville and Stafford then both scored. Another big night for Connelly.

Gretsky shared some of his moments growing up and wathcing Perrault and then playing with him on Team Canada. they talked about the old Aud in Buffalo where a young Gretzky watched many a game with his father who was in attendance last night. They are tearing down the old Aud now. I saw the Who there in the 70s.

Didn't Gretzky break Esposito's single season goal record at the Aud ?

Yes indeed. It was either 1981 or 1982. They mentioned it to Wayne and he said that his best memories were still of going there with his father growing up and watchin Gilbert Perrault.

Saw Perrault a few years back at an old timers game in Vancouver. Many old greats on the team but everyone was cheering everytime Perrault touched the puck. The guy has to be the smoothest skater I've ever seen. If only we had won that coin toss back in 1970 :D Dale Tallon has turned out to be a good deal for Chicago though :huh:

I was 8 rows up from the glass and Lalime was to my left in the first and third period. Great time! A couple from Toronto sat next to us. they took a pic of us at my wife's request. May get it downloaded later.

Gretsky got his won team in trouble with only about 3 minutes left with a bench minor. Called the ref something? Pommenville and Stafford then both scored. Another big night for Connelly.

Gretsky shared some of his moments growing up and wathcing Perrault and then playing with him on Team Canada. they talked about the old Aud in Buffalo where a young Gretzky watched many a game with his father who was in attendance last night. They are tearing down the old Aud now. I saw the Who there in the 70s.

Sounds like you had a great time last eve...

I've been sad the past few days with the news that Toskala is out for the season and has to have surgery...

GET WELL SOON VESA.....GO LEAFS GO

Juliet :console2:

Great pic of your wife and you at the game Yuk.Love that jersey!

Tonight isn't looking so rosy for you,(Ottawa's wrath). <_<

We are taking care of business tonight too.Eric Staal has 4 goals! I think Erik Coles presence has really boosted that line as well as the whole team.Our offense has been clicking and the defense is not letting Cam get too much work.

We are looking good.We'll see how good on Monday against the Rangers.

vrrpr6.jpg

Me and the wife last night in Buffalo

Another nice picture of the two of you B)

That is one sweet jersey Yukon. I've been looking for a Sabres hat with the old logo on it. Had one years ago but somebody else liked it too :D

Thanks Ally. The new third jerseys are like this but darker. I kind of like them but am not ready to fork out the kind of money they want. The Sabre store in the arena has all the teams jersey's. I think you can get even the old Sabres home uniform but not sure. Some people show up with them, they are tougher to find.

I'll check out the website.

We need to put a thumping on the Rangers tonight!

Go Canes!

Cole seems to have added a big spark to you guy's Rorer. Still can't figure out why Edmonton let him go. :huh:

Cole seems to have added a big spark to you guy's Rorer. Still can't figure out why Edmonton let him go. :huh:

I don't know why,ally.It is odd.They did get Patrick Sullivan,who is young and will be beneficial and also got Ales Kotalik who is experienced.

Two good guys are better than one?

I'm happy though! ;)

I really dont know who to cheer for. I still think the Rangers suck and Boston has lost 10 of last 14, thus that is why they were able to beat Boston. If Carolina loses we can catch them tomorrow night. But if Rangers lose we can move within a point tomorrow. I think Carolina will win. Should win. I just hope that it isnt a 3 pt game. Dallas has really gone in the tank. Cant beat Montreal at home. They suck. And, thanks for nothing again Washington.

Dallas has fallen off badly as of late. I can't figure them out at all. Turco didn't look sharp against Montreal

I see Carolina won. I saw a little of it. Didnt know it was on Versus. Saw Brindamour's goal. Even though I hate the piece of shit from his days in Philly, Im glad the Rangers lost. We have to get a win in Philly. If we do, only a point back. Dont count us out yet. Its not T O time just yet. Even though I cant wait to see him tear up the AFC East.
We seem to do much better if I don't post til after the game...It was a tough game and Cam was on fire.It had a playoff feel to it.Those two points were earned.

Brindamour is a very likeable guy.I think you'd like him if he was on your team Yuk.Great work ethic.

Good luck with Philly! I think that game might be on Versus tomorrow.

We seem to do much better if I don't post til after the game...It was a tough game and Cam was on fire.It had a playoff feel to it.Those two points were earned.

Brindamour is a very likeable guy.I think you'd like him if he was on your team Yuk.Great work ethic.

Good luck with Philly! I think that game might be on Versus tomorrow.

Brindamour is a class act and a BC boy to boot. Not that it matter's :D

I just found out it is. The Sabres need to steal some spotlight back from T O. Not easy.

I'll see if I can catch any of the game, while I'm watching the Caps in white sweaters take on Nashville. They need to snap break losing streak.

Yes :D yes :D yes :D The Habs are in free fall again :hysterical: Happy 100Th anniversary!!! The soap opera that Montreal has been this year has put a smile on my and probable all Maple Leaf fans :D Before you say it, yes the Leafs suck this year... but most of us expected it. All Habs fans that I know were telling me that there next cup was well within reach this year..We shall see B) . The playoffs are not a certainty at this point :D . As always GO LEAFS GO!!! and Lets Go Buffalo!!! (Sabres and Bills).

T O :o

As for your Caps Black Dawg, they suck. couldnt help us at all. Losing to P:ittsburgh and every time I want them to win they lose.

You are gonna have to do it on your own. I went to see them Thursday night. They could not do anything right. We are 10 days into March and still no victory. I told you earlier that points will become rare at the end of the season. It looks like your Sabres are slipping away with 3 pt deficit. Get on the stick.

Don Cherry should be the new Montreal Cannadians coach!

That'll be the day :D He's the right personality for it though. Montreal has got to be the toughest city

to be a head coach in. The expectations on the head man are tremendous and unfortunately, the players know it. It's been a pattern over the last 20 yrs or so. When you look back at the great habs teams over the last 50 yrs anyway's you are looking at two head coaches, Blake and Bowman with Sam Pollock as GM. All strong personality's who were able to handle the media and the pressure. Player revolts were handled simply by unloading whoever the problems were. Since Bowman left, they have not been able to put anything close to consecutive good contending years together. Sure two Stanley Cups are in there but both times it was against the grain . Even if it turns out that they go on a run and win the cup this year, this proud organization needs to have order at the top before it can expect to do be a threat on a regular basis.

Archived