The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

You knew they were done for this year two months ago Juliet. So for the rest of this year, why not cheer for your friends across the Lake?

The Sabres are my second favorite team. I have attended more sabre games than Leaf games (I had a line on free tickets that has now stopped). Buffalo is a great city that gets shit on by a lot of people. I had Bills season tickets for five years (the glory years) and still attend games. The miller injury really hurts them, high ankle sprains can take a long tine to heal. As a leaf fan I have watched Lalime play some of his worst hockey for Ottawa against the leafs. He can stand on his head one minute and let in a real softy the next B). The Leafs are still number one in my heart but buffalo is a close second. Wide right still hurts and YES HULL'S FOOT WAS IN THE CREASE!!!! Lets go Buffalo!!!

This teams season was over last summer! We have been in need of a rebuild for a few years now. When I say that they looked good ..but still lost, I am referring to the effort put forth by the team!! Some games this year they have failed to even show up or looked disinterested in playing. I can put up with them sucking for a few years as long as I see improvements in the team. Drafting some good players for a change, no steens, Stajans and a long list of others. They seem to be the only team that doesn't find a real diamond in the rough like Detroit seems to always do. Yes it still hurts when they loose, but when they pullout one of those games where they look good it makes the win that much sweeter!!

Go Leafs Go!!!...Bring Back The Glory!!!

The Leafs will definately make the playoffs next year. Believe me, there will be major changes in your team starting on Deadline Day and through out the off season. I really don't think that the Leafs are that far away. I can see Pronger and quite possibly Cory Perry and a decent goalie in TO next year. Maybe even the Sedin sisters. Burke won't waste a good draft choice but he won't sit still if the right deal is available

Good to know that you like the Sabres. I am worried big time about putting Lalime in for an extended period. Miller seemed to give us good news yesterday. We shall see. Vanek started skating. I hope he is back soon. Ducks are here tonight and the game is on Versus (in the States). We might have to score 6 goals a game to win. Lalime had better play well if he wants to stay in the NHL next year. We are only one point from the 5 seed, 3 from the 4 seed and yet only two or three from being out. Very tight race. I dont think Tortorella can just snap his fingers and fix the Rangers. I hope not. I think the Penguins are done. So we have to take care of either one of the followin, Carolina, Florida, Rangers, Montreal. I dont think Philly is clear yet either. They are only a few points up. It sure sucks losing Miller.

Losing Miller is a big blow. I caught the highlite of Gomez tripping him up and have to say, I thought it was a cheap shot on his part. If Lalime doesn't get it done, who is the next choice ?

You knew they were done for this year two months ago Juliet. So for the rest of this year, why not cheer for your friends across the Lake?

Yeah...I guess I could do that....

Was Vanek hurt the other night? I was watching highlights of a game and someone got hit in the mouth or eye...He went off with a towel over his mouth..

Hey Ally. They called up Jhonas Enroth from Portland of AHL. He leads the league in wins and shutouts for rookies. But I dont think he will play unless Lalime really stinks up the joint. If he just plays average we can win. His last start was in Anaheim at the end of a long road trip. He lost 3-2 but played well. We need to beat them tonight. Dont know which Anaheimi team will show up? the ones that just won in Colombus? Hopefully the ones that lost at home to Atlanta 8-4. Thought I was seeing things when I saw that score. Miller must return in a reasonable time frame. Fucking Rangers. I hope they lose. Lindy Ruff is furious. He agrees with you. Miller doesnt think it was intentional as he knows Gomez personally. Who knows.

Hope your boys help us out tonight by winning in Montreal. :nhl_checking:

GO SABRES!!!!

ps Rumour has it that Edmonton may shop Cole? I guess he is considered a bust there. Not like he was in Carolina. I wonder if Carolina was ever compensated for him? Or did he just walk on them like fucking Briere did to us?

Here is another edit. This fuckin bum that we called up from Portland is 0-6-3 in his last 9 games in the fuckin AHL!!! Yikes. Its Lalime for sure. We will live or die with him til Miller is OK. I just hope they can make the playoffs and keep afloat til Miller can return. Losing a guy like Miller in a small market is tough.

On that note: LETS GO BUFF-A LO!!!!!! :slapshot:

Gomez caught Miller deliberately. He had no buisness being in that area behind the net and did one of those sneeky slewfoot jobs on Miller. The only difference was he used his stick to do it and was facing the boards when it happened. It was one of those sneeky moves that would send Don Cherry on a rant. Cheap as borsht IMHO.

Cole is just being shopped because of his salary. Edmonton has been a wierd situation all year and I guess they want to gain some room under the cap for next year. Mind you, they are still in the hunt for a playofff berth so maybe someone in the east wants to deal for him

We blew those two points! We played like we had jet lag.We had plenty of chances and we out shot them by close to or near 20!Maybe we were slackin' so we could concentrate on our next game.

We got Buffahoe Thursday.I'd like to get those two points back.

Dont feel bad. We got robbed blind by the Quacks. Im sure we will be as desperate as you on Thursday. Ill make one prediction. You wont shut us out.

We lost too. Same story as you guy's. All over Montreal and lose 3-0. That goaltender for the Habs played a blinder. We outshot them 34 -17 but that kid stood on his head. :o

I know. I hate losing like that. Same story in Buffalo. Miller would have gotten us out. I hope that Toronto comes out and beats the stinking Rangers tomorrow. Send Tortorella and those cheap pricks a message. GO LEAFS GO!!!!!! Lalime fucking blows! :angry:

You may have to make a deal for a goaltender Yukon. It's a tough one to swallow at this time of the year but there are better goalies than Lalime who are in the west. Rolufson in Edmonton would be a great fill in and would jump at a chance to get out of town. I say he'd be a realistic signing

crosbybaby.jpg

:lol: Good one. It's a shame that he is such a baby at times as he really has got talent. Yesterday's question of the day on Sports Net Pacific was what bothered you more, Ovetchkin's showboating or Crosby's whinning. It wasn't even close..Crosby by a landslide

That team sucks. Their players suck. Their fans suck. Their management sucks. They give the game of hockey a bad name. They will go nowhere. If and when we get our injured back, and I mean Vanek and Miller, we will pound them into submission if we get them in the playoffs. The team that looks the best right now in the East is Washington . I know they lost last night to Philly but one game a season does not make. Washington is very dangerous. But they have no big game experience and neither does Boston. New Jersey does and so do we. But we are going nowhere until we get our stars back. We need a trade, someone that can make a differance. Most teams need the same. Anaheim did not impress me at all last night. We outplayed them big time but they got the breaks. In the end, they will not make it. Neither will Edmonton. Hell, if we were in the West we would be tied for 5th with Vancouver. In the West Detroit and San Jose seem to be on a collision course. The sleepers would be Chicago and maybe Vancouver if Luongo plays like he did in the past. I expect to see some trades coming down soon. For us a goalie just isnt the answer. We just have to pray until Miller comes back that we can score enough to win some games. We may have to score 5 or 6 to win in Carolina tomorrow. I dont have faith in Lalime. I think the guy sucks.

Trade deadline is only 7 days away. The Capitals announcers said that the front office was poised to make some moves but they name names. The NHL deadline link doesn't have any good info. What do you think some of the big moves may be?

Trade deadline is only 7 days away. The Capitals announcers said that the front office was poised to make some moves but they name names. The NHL deadline link doesn't have any good info. What do you think some of the big moves may be?

Personally I think there will be plenty of teams open to talks. Anyone who will become an unrestricted FA at seasons end will be up for grabs. In Vancouver, the Sedin's are looking for $6mil each / season. There is no way they are going to get that here. They are playing great and if we are to try and go anywhere in the playoffs then we will need them but, to lose them for nothing when a deadline trade may be possible might just be too much to turn down.

You tell him wanna be. He is referring to 1975 when Parent won the cup single handidly. The Sabres outshot them in the famous fog game 47 to umpteen and lost 1-0. The better team lost. They had the better goalie. But lets talkl about the last time Buffalo met you in the playoffs you chump. We handed you your ass's. Not to mention a 9-1 thumping that ran Bobby Clarke back to the press box and Hitchcock out of town. Speak of the Devil, the Red Wings play the Flyers next week on Versus. Detroit will eat them for breakfast.

Oh boy. The Buffalo News is reporting that Lalime did not show up for practice?

Such hostility from a guy who's team has never won shit. :slapface:

That team sucks. Their players suck. Their fans suck. Their management sucks. They give the game of hockey a bad name. They will go nowhere.

Come on Yukon, that has to be one of the stupidest quotes on this site ever. We don't suck (please look at our record). We have two of the best young players in the game (Richards and Carter). Our management has always tried to be aggressive. I wasn't a huge fan of Bobby the GM though because he never got Lindros a real goalie, and always traded for someone way past their prime. Also, we are one of the most popular teams in the NHL, and probably the only Philly team that has somewhat of a national following. Go to an away Flyers game and they will be a ton of Flyers' fans there. And I'm not talking about the east coast either. We've also won Best Hockey City in Sporting News. You constantly hear how passionate Philadelphia is about hockey so this "giving the NHL a bad name" is a bunch of BS. You're either a Philly hater, pissed that Briere signed with us, or bitter about us beating you for the Cup. If makes you feel any better, I thought you guys got fucked against Dallas. Anyway, LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

P.S. I think we'll have a nice playoff run but honestly, I don't think we can win it all with our current goalies. We also need another puck-moving defenseman.

DYNASTYBANNER-FLYERS.jpg

I saw the Flyers in an exhibition game in London Ontario last fall..they played the Islanders...I wasn't going to go but I went just for the"experience"..

I found watching the press, crowd and drunken young men beside me more interesting..I just kept saying to myself..."I hope these young guys don't puke on me before the end of the game."

There were some fights on the ice, a guy proposed to his girlfirend and I had nachos and cheese...

I think I'll go to another game someday....it was kinda fun....

Archived