XM Radio Live Rarities

SuperDave

Just about twenty minutes ago I heard a crystal clear broadcast of Heartbreaker from the Southampton show of 22 January 1973. Although, Robert's voice was straining somewhat, the rest of the band was quite on.

So far I've heard this, as well as the Zurich 1980 show as far as unreleased material on XM. Has the band given the ok for certain material?

What other rarities has everyone else heard on XM that are unreleased? I'd appreciate your feedback, as I'm sure everyone else would too.

Just about twenty minutes ago I heard a crystal clear broadcast of Heartbreaker from the Southampton show of 22 January 1973. Although, Robert's voice was straining somewhat, the rest of the band was quite on.

So far I've heard this, as well as the Zurich 1980 show as far as unreleased material on XM. Has the band given the ok for certain material?

What other rarities has everyone else heard on XM that are unreleased? I'd appreciate your feedback, as I'm sure everyone else would too.

read about zurich, but i already own that on cd. i read that xm led is only going to be temporary? is that true....

It ends sometime in May. It's only for six months. Forum members let everyone else know if you here any other unreleased gems, whether you have them on cd or another format. It's interesting to know what the band are allowing them to play.

I wish they would say what shows these songs are from when they play them- they could do it right after the "Attic Of The Gods" announcement & again right after the song ends. I think I'm going to email XM about this, maybe we all should & see if XM takes the suggestion.

If you look at the box while the XMLed station is playing it says the song title and the other night when I heard the Heartbreaker performance it said Southampton right below it. It didn't list the date of the performance.

If you look at the box while the XMLed station is playing it says the song title and the other night when I heard the Heartbreaker performance it said Southampton right below it. It didn't list the date of the performance.

Unfortunately the XM radio I have is built into my car stereo & only displays 1 line at a time & only the artist, song & musical genre come up, not even any album info. But thanks for letting me know, I would've been wasting my time contacting XM because I thought all the XM radio displays were like mine.

Unfortunately the XM radio I have is built into my car stereo & only displays 1 line at a time & only the artist, song & musical genre come up, not even any album info. But thanks for letting me know, I would've been wasting my time contacting XM because I thought all the XM radio displays were like mine.

I actually don't have XM in my car. I just have it on my pc so it may be different as far as the displays go. Possibly some of the newer XM radios may be better and have better graphics.

I've heard quite a bit from Zurich 80, I've heard quite a few 75' No Quarter versions, SIBLY from Southampton 73', Stairway from 3/21/73, and a few others which I couldn't identify the exact show. Everything I've heard so far has been a soundboard, and they've played a lot of 1975 and 1980 material. Anyone hear any audience recordings? Early days 69-72 material?

Is this the chronological live "album" Page has alluded to in the past?

I guess Jimmy has more soundboards than he'll admit. Maybe, they all weren't stolen. He probably doesn't have many multi-track recordings of the Zeppelin shows. Who knows, we may eventually get that chrono live album in time. Although, I'm sure we'll get a recording of the O2 show, before that surfaces and it will almost certainly be this year.

I guess Jimmy has more soundboards than he'll admit. Maybe, they all weren't stolen. He probably doesn't have many multi-track recordings of the Zeppelin shows. Who knows, we may eventually get that chrono live album in time. Although, I'm sure we'll get a recording of the O2 show, before that surfaces and it will almost certainly be this year.

I just heard a White Summer that I couldn't identify. And a Misty Mountain Hop from Southamton, I think. Very cool. I like the little interview interludes they play once in a while too. Did someone say XM Led is going away in May ? Damn. Maybe it'll reappear if and when the merger with Sirius happens.

They played , Train Kept Rollin, ALS, and , In The Evening today. They also made an announcement that XM LED will go off the next friday March 7th and would return sometime later this year.

Maybe it will return when and if they announce a tour.

I love this station. I listen to it constantly at work. But sometimes I notice that the song on the player is delayed or else it just stalls so it doesn't display the correct song. Right now I'm listening to a great live version of WLL, but I can't see where it's from. <_<

I love this station too... I will certainly miss it after next week! I haven't heard when it is coming back other than just "later this year." I emailed them twice since November to tell them they should keep it permanently!!

Just where should people without boots go ?

I think you missed my point. If someone is not familiar with Zeppelin bootlegs, they wouldn't know that many tape flips occurred during "No Quarter" because of it's location in the setlist.

I just heard them say that on the last day (March 7th), they are going to play all LIVE Zep constantly. That will be fantastic. :)

what ashame lz by far best who close for all you beatle lovers nad beach boys fans they trully did blues rythm instruments with vocals almost it was as one

for some reason i killed thread days gone by. but now 3-07-08 is a great day. whish iwas at home to record. this is a dream. thank you jim for opening vault and every one that sent boots to the master he understands what this means to all of us that, Know who is and were the truie "GODS". Sorry EC but Duane Allamn was the hidden force behind LAYLA fesas up dont be a "KINK".

Archived