Ireland Thread!

wendigo

Kept seeing no-one had posted so I thought I would be the first, sorry I am not Irish and never been there either but Hope you have many a good debate in here !! :)

Thanks for that anyways. :) Where are you from??

Fenix, ya found me again...you know, you keep cropping up everywhere!!

When are you coming to Ireland again??

I'm Irish, by way of Michigan! I know I'm Scottish and Irish, but don't know much about my family tree past my grandparents (all of whom were born in the U.S.). My maternal grandmother's maiden name was Trimble. And of course, I have a Mc last name, hence "Mattmc1973" :)

I'm Irish, by way of Michigan! I know I'm Scottish and Irish, but don't know much about my family tree past my grandparents (all of whom were born in the U.S.). My maternal grandmother's maiden name was Trimble. And of course, I have a Mc last name, hence "Mattmc1973" :)

That's awesome Matt! Hmmm...Trimble, that's a big of a Northern Ireland name I think. And Mc is very popular!

Thanks for that anyways. :) Where are you from??

Fenix, ya found me again...you know, you keep cropping up everywhere!!

When are you coming to Ireland again??

Well u didn't have many replies so thought u wouldn't mind a Welsh Celtic cousin popping in for a look ;)

Well actually hoping to pop over during the Six Nations Rugby, we're playing your guys at your place this time.

Well u didn't have many replies so thought u wouldn't mind a Welsh Celtic cousin popping in for a look ;)

Well actually hoping to pop over during the Six Nations Rugby, we're playing your guys at your place this time.

Aw, well thanks for gracing this thread with your Welshness :lol:

Ah! Croke Park or Thomond Park? Well, I can always give you info on Dublin so you don't get lost :)

I'm not Irish, but I have a membership to the Irish Club in Edmonton, Canada! :lol: I played Gaelic football there, so it was like I was honorary Irish ;) That picture in my sig is me playing in a Gaelic tournament....

Yes folks, and she did score on the play. It was varified by countless interviews of the other players and long nights reading the "Gaelic Sports Times".

I was very persistent. :)

I'm not Irish, but I have a membership to the Irish Club in Edmonton, Canada! :lol: I played Gaelic football there, so it was like I was honorary Irish ;) That picture in my sig is me playing in a Gaelic tournament....

Wow, that's pretty impressive! What position did you play in?? Unfortunately I never got the hang of camogie or gaelic fottball, though I was on the school camogie team in 6th class. Was a great back because the ball kept hitting off me for some reason! :lol:

Wow, that's pretty impressive! What position did you play in?? Unfortunately I never got the hang of camogie or gaelic fottball, though I was on the school camogie team in 6th class. Was a great back because the ball kept hitting off me for some reason! :lol:

I was a full forward :D

I'm not very good at camogie... :ph34r: There wasn't much chance to play anyway...the men would get together for a hurling match, unofficially, but the girls never wanted to play in our own matches :rolleyes: I think they see it as too dangerous :lol:

I was a full forward :D

I'm not very good at camogie... :ph34r: There wasn't much chance to play anyway...the men would get together for a hurling match, unofficially, but the girls never wanted to play in our own matches :rolleyes: I think they see it as too dangerous :lol:

I think they'd be right about it being too dangerous! :lol: It's amazing I escaped from it alive!

• 1 month later...

This is very clever, look at a map of Great Britain.

Islandman The Waterboys

Of my body england is the spine

The backbone and the trunk

My shoulders span the mighty tyne

London sprawls across my rump

Cornwall my crooked ancient leg

Wales two hands held apart

Scotland is my dreaming head

Ireland is my heart

great-britain.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived