Another Reunion rumor thread

R_P_M

While it still seems unlikely (mind you this is what I read) it seems more official than The Cult singer because Velvet Revolvers bassist said they were SIGNED

As in SIGNED a contract? I find that interesting....I don't think the main participants in this newest rumor have committed to anything have they? B)

This article was posted today on NME.com

Led Zeppelin World Tour

Velvet Revolver claim they have bagged support slots with the rock legends

* Mar 19, 2008

* 0 Comments

* Led Zeppelin news, reviews, video and tour dates

* Add Led Zeppelin to MyNME

Velvet Revolver bassist Duff McKagan has claimed that his band have bagged tour support slots on a supposed future tour with Led Zeppelin.

Although McKagan was not forthcoming with any specific dates or plans for such a tour, he said that his band “have it” in terms of the support slot.

Speaking to BBC 6Music he said: “I understand that we have it, although I imagine there will be plenty of bands prepared to kick and punch us out of the way for the privilege.”

As previously reported on NME.COM, The Cult’s Ian Astbury claimed his band were set to support Led Zeppelin on a future tour.

I have noticed that this LZ forum is just a little quieter than it was in mid December last year. I am perceptive like that.

No amount of crap on here is going to make them play again if they don't want to.

My guess is that it is at present 75% / 25% in favour of doing something more. RP is the 25%.

As we all know RP starts his tour with Alison Krauss next month. So how can he announce he will be doing something again with LZ even if he wanted to? To do that would deflect from his Plant/Krauss tour and project. Unlike the others he has a very viable project underway. Why would he want to bollocks that up?

The big questions are:

1. When the Plant/Krauss tour is over (and I think it will be a one album, one tour project) will RP want to go back and revisit his LZ past? You need to bear in mind that LZ ended 27 years ago.

2. Do the other 3 want to do something more with LZ? I think that the answer is yes on the basis that they don't have any other projects in hand and if so will they wait for RP to join them or just go ahead with another singer?

My present guess is that RP will continue to say no (it must be hard to be a frontman at 60 and the last 25 years clearly show that he likes to go in a forward not backward direction) and so the other 3 will get someone else and play as ..................? Cruise Missile (on the basis that that is the modern equivalent of a Zeppelin! Tht would be a bad thing in my opinion but I think it is the best you are going to get. I remember that Page and Plant could not fill all the venues on their tours because it was not the real thing.

I remember that Page and Plant could not fill all the venues on their tours because it was not the real thing.

I do not remember it the same way as you. I do feel sorry for those who missed the Page/Plant tours. As I remember, they were brilliant.

Rumor Control!Rumor Control!!

Contrary to popular belief,Velvet Revolver will not be the opening act for the upcoming Led Zeppelin reunion tour.

Rumor has it,Velveeta Revolver will fill that slot.

Sources say the band consists of five cheeseheads,(avid Green Bay Packer fans)all hailing from the Milwaukee metro area.No further info is available at this time.

For you good people,I'll continue to keep my ear to the ground.

I do not remember it the same way as you. I do feel sorry for those who missed the Page/Plant tours. As I remember, they were brilliant.

They may or may not have been brilliant. What I said was they couldn't sell out all the venues which is fact.

hi , i am a fan of Led Zeppelin since the good old days, if they come to America i Will be inviting 10 freinds from southamerica, any idea when they'll be coming? also I will like to be notify when tour begins

hi , i am a fan of Led Zeppelin since the good old days, if they come to America i Will be inviting 10 freinds from southamerica, any idea when they'll be coming? also I will like to be notify when tour begins

Led Zeppelin has not officialy announced a tour

they playing 8 days in giant and yankees stadium in oct

They may or may not have been brilliant. What I said was they couldn't sell out all the venues which is fact.

I do not ever remember that being an issue for the Page/Plant Tours. No shows were ever canceled do to lack of interest. The 95 tour was a huge sold out success as I remember. Saying they couldn't sell out ALL the venues is not really a fair way of judging the success of the tour is it? I am sure Led Zeppelin did not sell out all the venues it played during their duration either.

Zeppelin didn't sell out all of their shows from 1968-1980, so having sold out shows is not the way to look at "success". Look how many millions or records they sell, what their fan base is like, how many people wanted to go the the Tribute show in December and couldn't (how their site collapsed when millions attempted to log on).

There's personal success, financial success, doing better than the previous time; there's all types of ways to look at success.

Their last performance at O2 was a huge success (IMHO).

R B)

Archived