What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Went nuts on the $5 CDs when out Christmas shopping Friday afternoon. Nothing really essential here, mainly just stuff I already own on vinyl with the exception of Mellencamp's Scarecrow and Van Halen's Fair Warning. I never have been a huge Mellencamp fan but there are a few songs of his I really like which can be found on some of his albums like Scarecrow, Lonesome Jubilee and Big Daddy. I have no excuse whatsoever for buying Destroyer other than a twisted desire to hear "Flaming Youth" again in the last year of my 40s. Same for Ted, it's been eons since I last heard some of the deep cuts (pardon the pun) from this record such as "Death By Misadventure", "Workin' Hard, Playin' Hard" and "A Thousand Knives".

61LnFB2kn5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg51HVJSfCCiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61CS4QLin3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg614JGulII8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg51lz2Pc5M9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

515m58LkZBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I gave up on trying to find this locally so I ordered it directly from Icehouse Music in Texas. In an incidence of perfect timing, it arrived in the mail today. This an early Christmas gift to myself that I can definitely get behind.

61BfBWI-5kL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This was originally intended as an emergency back up Christmas gift for someone else but I was able to locate the gift for them that I truly wanted them to have (even if it meant a trip to Durham today) so that's two early Christmas gifts to myself today.

Come you have YouTube for that you know it's a great album!

I can't make sense of your post but like I said, it was in the $5 bin so it was hard to resist on nostalgia's sake alone. I listened to it once and filed it away. When I was 12 I'm sure I thought it was the shit. As a 49 year old, it barely even registers on my musical radar.

:(

It'll be interesting to see if you still hold Kiss as dear to your heart as an adult as you do now. I know I started to lose interest with them around the time of the solo albums and lost complete interest with "I Was Made For Loving You" in '79. Then again, I was about to graduate from high school and my taste in music was also growing more mature. That doesn't mean I suddenly started to take artists like Dylan more seriously, it just means childhood favorites like Kiss started to take a backseat to other artists. That's not meant as a slight by the way, it's just me sharing my own personal experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually bought this back in May but it just now arrived. It's part of what will be an ongoing series at Marsh Woodwinds in Raleigh, NC where admission helps to fund a split single. This particular show featured Filthybird and the Small Ponds. Here's a photo of the single artwork in progress.

389535_2050732400346_1605595137_31622912_1592740705_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

blackpyramid.jpg

Aun, Black Pyramid, limited black/blue vinyl edition

Sonic%2BPrayer.jpg

Earthless, Sonic Prayer purple vinyl lp

sonic+prayer.jpg

Earthless, Sonic Prayer Jam, live 10" EP

Just to give you an impression how Earthless sound (They are an experimental jam power trio, if you like the live versions of Dazed and Confused you will just love this!!!!)

http://youtu.be/wMJHTu7Qygw

Edited by reswati

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...