Horse Racing Thread

overthehillsandfaraway

Dubai World Cup going on right now in the United Arab Emerites. Dubai's richest race, the 9th is the World Cup and the purse is $10 million which is more than the Kentucky Derby and the Breeders Cup Classic. I like Animal Kingdom to win it. I suggest an exacta of 12 over 5, 13

Good shout, it won. Got any tips for our Grand National coming up next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

post-4074-0-18661800-1365727969_thumb.jpBode Miller, world champion skier has a couple of race horses. On a different topic where we live a number of the neighbors have horses like the fellow in the picture, but it is something I never really understood to be honest. Can you spot my ski back pack where I store my camera?

Edited by Charles J. White

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I have looked at the form and I am not crazy about the Derby this year. But the horse I have to side with is 12-1 morning line. Normandy Invasion. So in memory of those on Omaha Beach lay a couple on him. Here is my pick four ticket starting in race 8 3,6,8,-8,9-8,9-5. Now if you are going to use other horses I recommend the european horse the 11. And use the 14 also. In race 12 I like the 7 horse quite a bit. Good Luck

I just watched the race, that was the sloppiest track I can remember for the Derby or any of the crown races.

Actually its come up sloppy twice now in the last 4 years or so. Remember Borel running up the dry part of the rail with that nag a couple years back? The son of a bitch knows the track inside out and he stole the dry path. Then they made the usual mistake of putting a microphone up to the stupid midget's mouth on national TV. I can't remember what rumblings came from the toothless dwarf's mouth but it was not worthy of remembering. Of course he was trounced in the Preakness and we still await a triple crown winner, the last coming some 34 years ago in 1979.

• 2 weeks later...

The Preakness Stakes is tomorrow and Orb, the Derby winner has drawn the rail, the 1 post. If any horse can deny him the second leg of the triple crown I believe its Goldencents. He did not like the slop in Kentucky and the shorter distance will suit his tactical speed. No horse has won the triple crown since 1979. Many have won the first two and then been denied in the Belmont. Today is the Black Eyed Susan. The first of a two day daily double wager available at many outlets. I would use the 1 and 6 today with Orb and Goldencents tomorrow. An $8 investment.

Wait just a minute. I just noticed this horse Governor Charlie that nobody is talking about, has ascending workouts breezing the last in 1:10 at 6f. That is a monster of a work. Using

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Knock on wood, we have been lucky for a while. I am starting to like this Governor horse more and more. The 8. I am going to bet him to win and place and box with Orb

At 10-1. I am taking Valesquez as a mount on MyLuckyDay # 9. I'll box him and Orb with Departing to Show for a Box triple.

Orb headed to the glue factory......

Headed for stud my man. Don't you wish you could live out your days like that? Another stallion will do all the foreplay with the mares and he'll finish the job.

What a life?

Or would you rather be the poor sucker who never closes the deal?

Oxbow. Wire to wire Gary Stephens. Wow !!!

Most shocking outcome to a race since the buzzer was used and found at the wire. The jockey banned for life. Really unexplainable how the "better horses" just did not run.

Oh, and Babs, Kentucky Derby winners do not go to the glue factory. For the record

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Most shocking outcome to a race since the buzzer was used and found at the wire. The jockey banned for life. Really unexplainable how the "better horses" just did not run.

Oh, and Babs, Kentucky Derby winners do not go to the glue factory. For the record

I realize the time of 1:57 was really slow but I have no idea about this buzzer or lifetime ban. Could you clear these claims.