Hip Russian President

Bonzoholic

Dmitry Anatolyevich Medvedev

Age: 42. Born Sept. 14, 1965, in Leningrad, now St. Petersburg, to university professors.

Education: Law degree from Leningrad State University, now St. Petersburg State University.

Experience: Taught law at St. Petersburg State University, 1990-1999; Worked with Putin in St. Petersburg city hall, then in private industry before Putin recruited him to work in the Kremlin. In November 2005, he was appointed one of two first deputy prime ministers, charged with leading efforts to improve key sectors, including housing and health care; board chairman of state natural gas monopoly Gazprom, 2002-present.

Family: Married, Svetlana Vladimirovna Medvedeva; son, Ilya, born 1996

Personal: Enjoys vintage Western heavy metal music, including Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin B) . Favors designer suits, electronic gadgets.

Edited by Bonzoholic

Actually, LZ were quite big in the former communistic countries during Cold War. I had relatives in Romania and Slovakia and they bought their records on the black market. They really LOVED LZ. Unlike the people in western Central Europe who - when it comes to Classic Rock - were more into Deep Purple and, believe it or not, Uriah Heep... :'(

YEAH!! It's our new president! :D

and he really loves LZ, I heard about it not once ;)

Please keep us informed about him. He's got to be at least a little cool, I read this blurb today:

"Dmitry Medvedev, the former St. Petersberg lawyer with an impressive collection of Led Zeppelin vinyl disks, has taken office as Russia's new president, but he has yet to take power."

from: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/ed...15-74e2b59d3b4c

I new our new President is cool :D I wish you saw him! He's quite a nice guy, I do like him.

But bands like Led Zeppelin were forbidden when Medveded was young.. But even my parent were able to find somewhere the records they needed ^^ so that was ok)

IngaMay, we should be proud of our new President B) I am B)

Personal: Enjoys vintage Western heavy metal music, including Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin B) . Favors designer suits, electronic gadgets.

Ceausescu also enjoyed rock music, but I wouldn't call him "hip".

Edited by Katuschka

OMG!!! Medvedev at Zeppelin Forums!))) So cool & funny!)

I'm really proud that such a LZ-fan is our president now! And he really has a huge vinyl collection, it was even shown on tv.

Btw i'm pretty sure he attended O2 gig.

And... there are rumors that sometimes they invite guys from deep purple and other hard rock bands here for closed private shows.

But taking into account that Plant turnes down a £100 million tour offer, I don't think a one-off show or anything else is possible here, and no government money can help((

P.S. Inga May, maureen - it's really nice to see u here!!!)

приветик!! :wave:

I new our new President is cool :D I wish you saw him! He's quite a nice guy, I do like him.

But bands like Led Zeppelin were forbidden when Medveded was young.. But even my parent were able to find somewhere the records they needed ^^ so that was ok)

IngaMay, we should be proud of our new President B) I am B)

:lol: you're right! I do proud of him! B)

lol

OMG!!! Medvedev at Zeppelin Forums!))) So cool & funny!)

I'm really proud that such a LZ-fan is our president now! And he really has a huge vinyl collection, it was even shown on tv.

Btw i'm pretty sure he attended O2 gig.

And... there are rumors that sometimes they invite guys from deep purple and other hard rock bands here for closed private shows.

But taking into account that Plant turnes down a £100 million tour offer, I don't think a one-off show or anything else is possible here, and no government money can help((

P.S. Inga May, maureen - it's really nice to see u here!!!)

Nice to see you here too, pal ^^ welcome to the club))))))))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...