Raising Sand

Misty

the more i listen to Raising Sand, the more i find myself replaying Sister Rosetta....

i am just mesmerized by Allison's voice on this track. Robert sings back up but its so blendy, you hardly notice it. its amazing how much he changes his vocals from song to song on this album.

I really love the whole album, but overall Please Read The Letter. Trampled Rose is really haunting though.

The video for Please Read The Letter was shown on MUCH MORE MUSIC (Canadian station) but very early yesterday a.m. before 6 a.m....

I hope it will appear again but later in the day for all to see....

Juliet

I love Roberts singing on Polly Come home, it so smooth and it makes it my fave of the album.

As much as I like Nothn' I have to say that it makes a far better live track than on the album, its one of the highlights of the shows I have seen on the tour. Robert takes it further live and the band have it down to a fine art. B)B)

I love Roberts singing on Polly Come home, it so smooth and it makes it my fave of the album.

As much as I like Nothn' I have to say that it makes a far better live track than on the album, its one of the highlights of the shows I have seen on the tour. Robert takes it further live and the band have it down to a fine art. B)B)

Quite agree. Polly Come Home is my absolutel favorite on the album too. They played it once live and I kept hoping it would resurface. I think it would be incredible to see. I like Nothin' a lot too and definitely one of my favorite moments in the show. Robert completely cuts loose and it's great to see.

I like Sister Rosetta and Polly Come Home the very best, but I'm a Tom Waits fan so I also really like Trampled Rose. RP's voice doesn't sound exactly as it once did, but it still sounds good. It's what I would call a "bedroom voice" now, which is loooooovely.

I like the whole album since hearing it. After seeing them live, i think they could possibly collaborate on rockier songs one day, whether its a song or record. The end of fortune teller live,with the krauss vocal turned up and seemingly extended makes me think of plants records with the female backing vocals/shaken n stirred,now and zen.

I have the -oh brother where art thou soundtrack which i havent listened to in awhile and -phish/hoist with -if i could, w/krauss on vocals. Definately looking forward to buying some -alison krauss cds sometime.

Archived