Barack Obama vs. Internet rumors

Strider

At least it does not give him a stomach-ache....

58-bush-stomach.jpg

I saw the video that this snapshot came from, and what the President was doing was lowering his hand at the end of the song. He just started to do it a second before everyone else.

Obama doesn't salute the flag because it is against his muslim religion.

Hi kat :P

This story is NOT A RUMOR.

And keep in mind that it was Obama who approached this know shady character for 'advise' in buying this property.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Story?id=4111483&page=1

:coffee:

*yawn*

I hope you don't think you just broke a major news story, Del.

The Rezko non-story got zero traction during the dem primaries

..and it won't get any traction during the general election either. ;)

Obama doesn't salute the flag because it is against his muslim religion.

The Rezko smear flops, so it's back to 'old reliable', eh Del? :rolleyes:

Fwiw,.. you'd seem less ridiculous if you claimed he's from Pluto. ;)

:P

Obama doesn't salute the flag..

He doesn't? :whistling:

PH2007110101367.jpg

..because it is against his muslim religion.

What's President PapaBush's excuse?

s-bush-patriotism-problem-large.jpg

"Former U.S. President George Bush, center, U.S.

Secretary of State Colin Powell, left, and retired General

Norman Schwarzkopf, right, stand at attention during the

playing of the National Anthem Monday, Feb. 26, 2001"

And.. OMG!.. is he American flag lapel pin-less?! :o

Could it be he's.. un-American, Del? :huh:

:P

Another fox news
who can't say obama right :rolleyes:

People seem to lose all objectivity once they make up their minds about who they support. It sure appears that way to me anyhow.

Are you saying that people don't intentionally say Osama instead? Now really, let's be honest. Fox News does it on purpose. If you can't see that or admit it then you have lost all objectivity. Please tell me you don't think Fox News is innocent in all that. I would rather hope I am debating online with an intelligent person.

The only reason it's called Fair and Balanced is because they feel it's a fair and balanced report when they can go opposite of what MSNBC reports. And that way they balance out the news on MSNBC and then it's fair.

But if you like Fox News then I'm assuming you like Rush L. and Sean H. and so on.... I personally can't even listen to Rush, he exudes hatred. It's all so negative.

I guess I was unclear. I could vote for a person I disagreed with if they had a chance of pulling a lot of votes, but not winning. The though being, to show people that a third party or independent has a chance of breaking the stranglehold the 2 party system has had on the presidency for so long. Which I'm opposed to more any individual candidate. I voted for Perot for example, but wouldn't have if I thought he could have won. Same thing w/ nobama and hillary. I have never supported any candidate either major party has put up. None speak to me.

Is that more clear? B)

I guess I was unclear. I could vote for a person I disagreed with if they had a chance of pulling a lot of votes, but not winning. The though being, to show people that a third party or independent has a chance of breaking the stranglehold the 2 party system has had on the presidency for so long. Which I'm opposed to more any individual candidate. I voted for Perot for example, but wouldn't have if I thought he could have won. Same thing w/ nobama and hillary. I have never supported any candidate either major party has put up. None speak to me.

Is that more clear? B)

I voted for Perot twice.

I'd assume that since you seem emotionally invested in the topic, you'd actually know what you're talking about. I know I would. Why wouldn't you? :huh:

I do know what I'm talking about...do you?

My point is, that I really don't want to continue a conversation about name-calling from conservatives and liberals...it's stupid. It's like talking about spats. Who honestly gives a fuck?

For god's sake, not every war has a winner or a loser. Vietnam was the first time people saw war in their living rooms. The media did it's job and people made up their own minds. I remember the news in the 70's. It was actual news- not the infotainment crap we have now.

well said.

For god's sake, not every war has a winner or a loser. Vietnam was the first time people saw war in their living rooms. The media did it's job and people made up their own minds. I remember the news in the 70's. It was actual news- not the infotainment crap we have now.

The media did it's job? How can you say that? Yeah, they showed us the war in our living rooms, hats off to them for that. But to flat-out lie to the American public about us getting our asses-kicked led to the eventual pullout and the subsequent takeover of South Vietnam. I doubt the South Viets were pleased of the results of the media

But to flat-out lie to the American public about us getting our asses-kicked

I was in the military shortly after the time in question and mostly agree with the points you made about the medias misunderstanding of the meaning of tet. I don't, however, think they lied to the public any more than the military did. They believed what they reported and probably still do, they just turned out to be wrong in many cases.

I was in the military shortly after the time in question and mostly agree with the points you made about the medias misunderstanding of the meaning of tet. I don't, however, think they lied to the public any more than the military did. They believed what they reported and probably still do, they just turned out to be wrong in many cases.

I defer to your point here, because you were there and I wasn't. I was just a little kid. I do remember the news being more just news then, though. Nowadays the news makes me sick. It seems to me it really started going downhill in the late 80's/early 90's, when they started doing dumb stuff like playing sad music during the stories, and using hyper-dramatic graphics and editing. Do you know what I mean? It seemed to me at that time that they were turning it into infotainment/propaganda and it's only getting worse. What are your thoughts?

Perhaps. The military is not known for honesty, especially so in Nam. But still, the media skewered everything

What are your thoughts?

I agree with you for the most part. The 24 hr a day news cycle means a lot of repetition of stuff that should have never got on in the first place as well. The good thing about the situation today is that with the internet we can try to get to the bottom of things that are only superficially or erroneously reported on. Back in those days if the big 3 didn't think it was news it wasn't.

I agree with you for the most part. The 24 hr a day news cycle means a lot of repetition of stuff that should have never got on in the first place as well. The good thing about the situation today is that with the internet we can try to get to the bottom of things that are only superficially or erroneously reported on. Back in those days if the big 3 didn't think it was news it wasn't.

Lets put your hypothesis to the test, Bill. Having made good use of the internet to

"try to get to the bottom of things that superficially or erroneously reported on"..

1. What've you concluded about the rumors claiming Obama to be a Muslim?

2. Do you have any doubts about Obama being a Christian?

:whistling:

That's true. We just have to be selective, I guess. I miss having cable, because I actually enjoyed Cspan. At least you got a whole story as it was happening, and there wasn't all the extreme commentary. I liked the call in show they had, too.

Having read Hermit's post, I have to agree with that part of it, too. If those rumors started on the internet we obviously have to be even more selective there.

Do I think he's practicing? I don't know. I mean, look at JFK. He was "Catholic" by birth and thats about it. Is Obama the same way? I have no idea. Don't really care either

Is he.. "practicing"?

Well,.. he declares Christ to be his Lord and Savior; he goes to church

regularly; and he works the betterment of the poor and disenfranchised.

..does that count as 'practicing Christianity'? B)

You're a Catholic, right wanna be? Are you "practicing"?

You know..

Not using any drugs.

Not engaging in premarital sex.

Not taking the Lord's name in vain.

anyway..

The question wasn't about his religious "practice"; the question was

about the religion he identifies with and declares himself a member of. ;)

:hippy:

Hi Hermit,all!

Is he.. "practicing"?

Well,.. he declares Christ to be his Lord and Savior; he goes to church

regularly; and he works the betterment of the poor and disenfranchised.

Which one? Rev. Wright's?Last time I checked Jesus Chirst was 1) a Jew 2) a Rabbi 3) and depending who you talked to, white,....

..does that count as 'practicing Christianity'? B)

Not that the US will ever elect some who is not 'religious',...

You're a Catholic, right wanna be? Are you "practicing"?

You know..

Not using any drugs.

Not engaging in premarital sex.

Not taking the Lord's name in vain.

Your missing 7.

anyway..

The question wasn't about his religious "practice"; the question was

about the religion he identifies with and declares himself a member of. ;)

And pratice what you preach? :blink:

KB

Archived