Buckethead

chunga

Sweet! Thanks! Good drummer. Good bass.

Yeah, they're great. The drummer is Brain. Outside of Buckethead, he's also played with Primus, Tom Waits and the new Guns N Roses.

This fall, Buckethead and Brain will be joined by Bootsy Collins on bass to form a new band called Science Faxtion.

Yeah, they're great. The drummer is Brain. Outside of Buckethead, he's also played with Primus, Tom Waits and the new Guns N Roses.

This fall, Buckethead and Brain will be joined by Bootsy Collins on bass to form a new band called Science Faxtion.

Wow, great clip.

If SF Puts out an album, I wanna hear it.

I just read some stuff about Buckethead. I've only seen him on tv once and went, WTF!?

Very interesting. What a great idea to wear a disguise like that- he probably can still have a normal life, or at least the kind of life he wants, without being recognized.

His name is Brian Carroll and he is in his early thirties. He is an extremely shy, somewhat geeky dude, who wears the costume due to extreme stagefright. He was discovered by Bootsy Collins at age 18 and was in the band Praxis with him at that time.

I saw him for the first time around early 2000 in Petaluma CA. My jaw was on the floor. I've never heard or seen anyone like him on the electric guitar. I thought I was seeing a modern day Zappa. The scope and variation of his work is staggering. He has over 100 releases. Funk with Bootsy Collins and Bernie Warrell, Thrash, Fusion, Soundtracks, Techno, Horror, Dub, Spoken word with Viggo Mortensen, Blues, Classical and the most melodic and sweetest acoustic playing ever. He is the most lyrical guitar player I've ever heard. He is on par with Jimmy and Jimi.

If anyone needs help navigating his discography or is looking for a specific style, hollar and I will help out.

I would suggest downloading or buying the album, Colma. It is about as beautiful a record as you are bound to hear.

what's the meaning (for you) of the subject "con carne"?

to me, in italian, means "with flesh / meat" .. so I don't understand and I'm sorry about that

Could be. I never understood what the title was in reference too. That is the way it was listed on the setlists. He opened the encores of his summer 2004 tour with the Zep medley. He also supposedly played an instrumental version of Achilles Last Stand at some shows, but I've yet to find any video/audio.

This is what he really looks like circa 1991.

bucket-unmasked.jpg

He blew a gig with Ozzy for not taking off the bucket hat.

That's a clip from Guitar World, right? He also blew the gig with Guns n Roses by not being reliable about showing up for rehearsals. I thought that was poetic justice for Axl.

That's a clip from Guitar World, right? He also blew the gig with Guns n Roses by not being reliable about showing up for rehearsals. I thought that was poetic justice for Axl.

So glad he is out of Guns N Roses as his own material is so much more interesting. He wasn't fired though, he quit. He completed work on Chinese Democracy in the late nineties and toured with Axhole twice. He was sick of waiting for the album's release. Here we are nine years later and it's still not out. Supposedly his work is still going to be on the completed album.

His name is Brian Carroll and he is in his early thirties. He is an extremely shy, somewhat geeky dude, who wears the costume due to extreme stagefright. He was discovered by Bootsy Collins at age 18 and was in the band Praxis with him at that time.

I saw him for the first time around early 2000 in Petaluma CA. My jaw was on the floor. I've never heard or seen anyone like him on the electric guitar. I thought I was seeing a modern day Zappa. The scope and variation of his work is staggering. He has over 100 releases. Funk with Bootsy Collins and Bernie Warrell, Thrash, Fusion, Soundtracks, Techno, Horror, Dub, Spoken word with Viggo Mortensen, Blues, Classical and the most melodic and sweetest acoustic playing ever. He is the most lyrical guitar player I've ever heard. He is on par with Jimmy and Jimi.

If anyone needs help navigating his discography or is looking for a specific style, hollar and I will help out.

I would suggest downloading or buying the album, Colma. It is about as beautiful a record as you are bound to hear.

ARE YOU ON PCP and ACID or smtg? This video justifies what praise exactly? Riffing songs right??????

I am very willing to give him all the credit in the world, please link something of his that is worthy of being put on par with Jimmy and Jimi.

Otherwise, cool down.

You sound like the kind of person who thinks Volkswagens are the coolest cars in the world with the wheelcaps off....

what's the meaning (for you) of the subject "con carne"?

to me, in italian, means "with flesh / meat" .. so I don't understand and I'm sorry about that

I think the "con carne" means collection or blend... a blend or "con carne" of Led Zeppelin songs

it would be like Chili Con Carne (a blend of stuff)

ARE YOU ON PCP and ACID or smtg? This video justifies what praise exactly? Riffing songs right??????

I am very willing to give him all the credit in the world, please link something of his that is worthy of being put on par with Jimmy and Jimi.

Otherwise, cool down.

You sound like the kind of person who thinks Volkswagens are the coolest cars in the world with the wheelcaps off....

Not this video, but portions of his other 100 releases certainly do. Do a youtube search. The stuff is so varied that it is hard to pin down one definitive style. Here are a few tunes that I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1MeV8bHV1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgmf0iSWflA

Archived