Live Aid

Shambles, but it was what was called Led Zeppelin. The two Phils and Tony I guess were in Led Zeppelin, if one were to make a family tree of Led Zeppelin.

Shambles, but it was what was called Led Zeppelin. The two Phils and Tony I guess were in Led Zeppelin, if one were to make a family tree of Led Zeppelin.

Technicallly they were not called Led Zeppelin at Live Aid. Phil Colllins introduced each musician separately and there was no mention of Led Zeppelin. Well, of course the was chantiing "We want Zep!" throughout the rest of the evening but other then tha, noting official.

I remember right after they went off, Bill Graham came out and was trying to introduce another "reunion" (CSN&Y) and he had to stop because the crowd was yelling for "Zep". He told the crowd, "I know, I know, we want them too but they're gone. They've left."

Yes. CS&N should have played before Page, Plant, Jones, Collins and Thompson (and Martinez). Then for MTV to telecast Duran Duran right after them was completely anti-climatic.

Collins, if anyone, should have not joined them on stage. As mentioned previously, he was not rehearsed and already played in England earlier in the day (solo as well as with Stink (I mean Sting) :D and Branford Marsalis.

R B)

That was a wonderful day! Unless you were in attendance you can't appreciate what meaning it held. Seeing Robert, Jimmy and John Paul Jones together was wonderful, no matter how harsh people judge their performance. The entire day was a once in a lifetime event for people my age (who missed Woodstock by a whole lot of years).

Yes. CS&N should have played before Page, Plant, Jones, Collins and Thompson (and Martinez). Then for MTV to telecast Duran Duran right after them was completely anti-climatic.

Collins, if anyone, should have not joined them on stage. As mentioned previously, he was not rehearsed and already played in England earlier in the day (solo as well as with Stink (I mean Sting) :D and Branford Marsalis.

R B)

I remember well the ABC Television Network's deceision to Broadcast "Madonna" instaed of the "Zeppelin" Reunion.

But putting "sluts" on is very much the ABC/Disney way of Life.....

Wouldn't have expected anything less from that cumglomerate. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I remember well the ABC Television Network's deceision to Broadcast "Madonna" instaed of the "Zeppelin" Reunion.

But putting "sluts" on is very much the ABC/Disney way of Life.....

Wouldn't have expected anything less from that cumglomerate. :D

TOO BAD THAT ZEPP'S PERFORMANCE DID NOT MAKE THE RECENT LIVE AID 1985 DVD RELEASE.

Pagey really looked out of it during that performance huh?

There was a dude on here long ago who claimed that he witnessed Jimmy backstage at Live-Aid shoot a heroin speedball into his skull. He claimed Jimmy always hid his tracks underneath his hairline.

Hey ! I just read the goofy posts here....I don't necessarily believe them.

The great shows more than make up for the lousy ones. There's plenty of excellent shows to listen to to stay occupied. :D

How's it going RoundRobin? How true, in my opinion, 10 December 2007 made up for Live Aid 85 and the Atlantic Records 40th Aniversary 88 easily. ROCK ON!

How's it going RoundRobin? How true, in my opinion, 10 December 2007 made up for Live Aid 85 and the Atlantic Records 40th Aniversary 88 easily. ROCK ON!

OH Hell yeah! I don't even want to compare those with the 02. They were galaxies apart.

I would say the 02 was as good as many of the better shows from '75 onward.

OH Hell yeah! I don't even want to compare those with the 02. They were galaxies apart.

I would say the 02 was as good as many of the better shows from '75 onward.

You know RoundRobin, I never wanted to say that but thinking about it now after seeing the Reunion concert from 10 December 2007 on DVD, that show does stack up against some of their shows from the 77 Tour. The reason is because the band was tight and more prepared. Hell, the band was well rehearsed this time around. I am very proud of ZEPPELIN for taking this concert seriously. ROCK ON!

Archived