IF LED ZEPPELIN DECIDES TO TOUR THE WHOLE WORLD IN 2009, WHAT CITY AND COUNTRY SHOULD THE BAND START FIRST?

How's it going all? This question is for all of my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics worldwide. If LED ZEPPELIN decides to tour the whole world in 2009, what city and country should the band begin first? ROCK ON!

Hi all, I've been doing some thinking on this one and I came up with some suggestions. Please give me some pointers if you'd like, it would be deeply appreciated. They are as follows:

(1.) Wembley Stadium - London, England

(2.) Madison Square Garden - New York, New York U.S.A.

(3.) L.A. Coliseum L.A. California U.S.A.

(4.) Dallas Cowboys' new stadium in Arlington, Texas U.S.A. (The biggest stadium ever built will open in 2009!)

Again, these are just suggestions. If you have better ones, I would really like to hear them. ROCK ON!

Hi all, I've been doing some thinking on this one and I came up with some suggestions. Please give me some pointers if you'd like, it would be deeply appreciated. They are as follows:

(1.) Wembley Stadium - London, England

(2.) Madison Square Garden - New York, New York U.S.A.

(3.) L.A. Coliseum L.A. California U.S.A.

(4.) Dallas Cowboys' new stadium in Arlington, Texas U.S.A. (The biggest stadium ever built will open in 2009!)

Again, these are just suggestions. If you have better ones, I would really like to hear them. ROCK ON!

Hi all, I would like to add one more city to the list. I feel that the Oakland Coliseum, in Oakland, California U.S.A. should be added to the list since Oakland was officially the last city that the band would ever perform live on American soil and also ended the 1977 U.S. Tour due to a death in Plant's family. (Which is TOTALLY understandable.) I figured that the band might want to set the record straight in Oakland, what do you think? ROCK ON!

Any city where i can get a train or direct flight to.

Lets not forget Japan has alaway been a favourite place for them to play and some of their best shows are from the 71/72 trip there.

Any world tour starts in the US usually but Europe would be good for openers.

Let it finish at Wembley stadium and perhaps invite a couple of Foo's onstage ( joking there) :D

Any city where i can get a train or direct flight to.

Lets not forget Japan has alaway been a favourite place for them to play and some of their best shows are from the 71/72 trip there.

Any world tour starts in the US usually but Europe would be good for openers.

Let it finish at Wembley stadium and perhaps invite a couple of Foo's onstage ( joking there) :D

:beer: actually, isn't there an absolutely first class club venue only about 30 miles south of where you are, ledded ....... :whistling:

I vote for San Francisco. Listen to Page himself...

"I can tell you when I knew we'd broken through, which was at San Francisco. There were other gigs, like the Boston Tea Party and the Kinetic Circus in Chicago which have unfortunately disappeared as venues, where the response was so incredible we knew we'd made our impression—but after the San Francisco gig it was just—bang!"

Plus, if you're going to San Francisco you're going to meet allot of gentle people there. Jut not as many as you used to.

I really think they should set up shop in Las Vegas and let people come to them. That way they are tan rested and ready each night. I hate Vegas, but you can have a good time there. Plus they can dial in the sound and it will not change from night to night. Or do a bunch of shows regionally.

Peace...

How's it going all? This question is for all of my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics worldwide. If LED ZEPPELIN decides to tour the whole world in 2009, what city and country should the band begin first? ROCK ON!

They shouldn't start in a city. They should start in Knebworth so that I could walk to the gig

I'm with Paul on this one they should play Knebworth 2009, the 30th anniversary is next year so a gig at Knebworth would be an excellent way to celebrate.

I'm with Paul on this one they should play Knebworth 2009, the 30th anniversary is next year so a gig at Knebworth would be an excellent way to celebrate.

I like KNEBWORTH, that sounds good to me. Forgive me for leaving it off the list. ROCK ON!

Hi.

I think they should start in their own town London, and then come to Norway:-))))

Linda.

I really think they should set up shop in Las Vegas and let people come to them. That way they are tan rested and ready each night. I hate Vegas, but you can have a good time there. Plus they can dial in the sound and it will not change from night to night. Or do a bunch of shows regionally.

Peace...

While this is an admirable thought... there honestly isn't a venue in Vegas large enough to handle the volume. Sam Boyd Silver Bowl maybe. But it's too far from the Strip and sits in a residential area.

Maybe they could set up shop out near Area 51. There are a couple of nuclear test craters out there that could handle the "impact".

My vote?

Kick it off in Los Angeles.

I just hope it's in the spring...N'Awlins can be a bit 'steamy' in the fall :) I haven't been there since the tragedy. A show there would be great for the city! I stayed at the Monteleone (didn't see a ghost though - damn!), nice and cozy place...and the best sezerac ever! (for me anyway, Dzldoc I'm sure you know better :) )

Oh, we brunched at Court of Two Sisters, dined at Broussards, Antoins, Brennans, Louis XVI (my personal fave) Of course coffee and beignets at Cafe du Monde...and a lot of mom and pop lunches...

Ahahah, and of course - Pappa John's! LOL! Great fun to be had there :D

Bought some really nice artwork there too, wonderful city! I remember I bought a really hot dress at a fancy boutique and they DELIVERED the dress to the hotel, I felt like real hot shit :lol: and then I saw my dress in an ad in Vogue magazine...damn! I wish I still fit into that dress! I was turning some heads! :)

Oh Yes, I could see visiting there again!

Kingston Jamaica they can open up with Dyer Maker

J-A-M-A-I-C-A M-A-N! I can't remember who sang the song and it goes something like this: "I SMOKED TWO JOINTS, THEN I SMOKED TWO MORE." Who sang that song? I like Bob Marley's original version of "I Shot The Sheriff" and Johnny Nash's "I Can See Clearly Now." These were two great Reggae songs. Now ZEPPELIN'S Dyer Maker can join the ranks with these two legendary Reggae songs as the greatest Reggae songs of them all. ROCK ON!

Archived