Missing/Unheard of Tracks.....

Hang-man

While looking through some other early "Live" Led Zeppelin, i found a few some more "tracks" that afew of us maybe havn't come across before, so i thought i'd share them about...

Unofficial BBC 1969, has 4 tracks, they are....

"Boogie Woggie, Thats Alright Mama, Whats That Sound, & Minnasota Blues..

The Winterland, San Francisco 1970...

"As Long As I Have You, Fresh Garbage, For What Its Worth"..

As anybody hears of these??

For What It's Worth and Whats That Sound are the same. The first is the actual song title, the second is a phrase used in the song. Original performed by Buffalo Springfield.

Boogie Woogie or Boogie Chillun' is performed by almost everybody in the universe, but i think Zep took theirs from John Lee Hooker.

I hope/think you ever heard of Elvis ? :ph34r: That's Alright Mama is originally performed by Arthur Crudup, but made famous by Elvis Presley. It was his first single actually.

Fresh Garbage is originally performed by Spirit. Zep opened for them on their first tour in the U.S.

For What It's Worth and Whats That Sound are the same. The first is the actual song title, the second is a phrase used in the song. Original performed by Buffalo Springfield.

Boogie Woogie or Boogie Chillun' is performed by almost everybody in the universe, but i think Zep took theirs from John Lee Hooker.

I hope/think you ever heard of Elvis ? :ph34r: That's Alright Mama is originally performed by Arthur Crudup, but made famous by Elvis Presley. It was his first single actually.

Fresh Garbage is originally performed by Spirit. Zep opened for them on their first tour in the U.S.

Also, "Minnesota Blues" is a on oft repeated bootleg renaming of another Elvis classic "Mess of the Blues".

Most of those are always performed in some sort of medley @ live so in a way, those are not too spectacular.

As Long As I Have You could have been performed by Elvis, though what is sure is that at least Garnett Mimms has recorded it. Fresh Garbage and Hush Little Girl were often performed with As Long As I Have You.

So yeah, during 1968-1969 As Long As I Have You was one of their big medleys @ live.

Most of those are always performed in some sort of medley @ live so in a way, those are not too spectacular.

As Long As I Have You could have been performed by Elvis, though what is sure is that at least Garnett Mimms has recorded it. Fresh Garbage and Hush Little Girl were often performed with As Long As I Have You.

So yeah, during 1968-1969 As Long As I Have You was one of their big medleys @ live.

Elvis did a song called As Long As I Have You but it's not the same song.

sugar mama was a good one..it would be nice if they released an anthology of rare recordings...im sure the band hears these things all the time.

i think it was robert plant who said a fan came up to him and played the clip of that alright mama from the hats off to roy(harper) sessions and asked him why they didnt release it and his response was he just didnt like it.

but if they needed material for a anthology im sure tracks like these would be prime candidates...i would buy this stuff over another remaster any day ^_^

It's not the hardest thing in the world to get hold of these recordings. As Long As I Have You is a great medley. I believe it was considered for Zep I but replaced in the end with How Many More Times. The version from April 27, 1969 is blistering and very well recorded (as is that whole show). I wonder if they ever worked on it in the studio? That'd be an outtake I'd love to hear. For What It's Worth is on the famous recording Live From Blueberry Hill.

It's not the hardest thing in the world to get hold of these recordings. As Long As I Have You is a great medley. I believe it was considered for Zep I but replaced in the end with How Many More Times. The version from April 27, 1969 is blistering and very well recorded (as is that whole show). I wonder if they ever worked on it in the studio? That'd be an outtake I'd love to hear. For What It's Worth is on the famous recording Live From Blueberry Hill.

I have the Original "Blueberry Hill" on vinyl, what a gig that was..( But i wasnt there!!) As for "Outtakes" i came across a couple of CDs that i'd miss-placed, One of them is, " Led Zeppelin- Outtakes"- these seem to be tracks from V through to Physical, but i shall have to replay, to see whats on there. Ive also found a recent disc, thats the Total MP3 playlist, on it their is a 23 track "John Bonham Outtakes" a bit of Chat, & Drum tracks from "Physical" though to "Outdoor", any views on these?? or dose anybody already have them? Hang-man.

I have the Original "Blueberry Hill" on vinyl, what a gig that was..( But i wasnt there!!) As for "Outtakes" i came across a couple of CDs that i'd miss-placed, One of them is, " Led Zeppelin- Outtakes"- these seem to be tracks from V through to Physical, but i shall have to replay, to see whats on there. Ive also found a recent disc, thats the Total MP3 playlist, on it their is a 23 track "John Bonham Outtakes" a bit of Chat, & Drum tracks from "Physical" though to "Outdoor", any views on these?? or dose anybody already have them? Hang-man.

I mean ....IV through to Physical....Hang-man

• 6 months later...

Yea none of these are too un-heard of.

Most of 'em are played in medleys like people said, and As Long As I Have You was a staple in their setlist in 1969 (I have 6 versions I think).

The real question is, have you heard the rare performances of the Yardbirds "For Your Love"? Thats one to hear for sure! (See 1969-01-05 Live @ Whiskey a Go-Go)

They also played For Your Love in their January dates mostly. It was a complete departure from the Yardbirds version which was a pop song. They turned it into complete psychedelic blues. I think I have 3 or 4 versions.

Yea I really like their take on the song... like you said, really psychadelic. I wish they would've played it later in 1969 (particularly 4-24-1969 and 4-27-1969) where the sound quality was better.., but then again the Whiskey A Go-Go show was pretty good recording for the time.

Theres even more rare songs like Sugar Mama and Sunshine Woman, which are really awesome songs but never played live (as far as I know).

I know Sugar Mama is on the "Alternative CODA" boot and Sunshine Woman is on the "Complete BBC Sessions boot. Those are the only versions I have or that I know of in existence.

Anybody know anything about the song "Sitting and Thinking"

I was listening to the 1969-04-27 show the other day and they played this in the second set... its the music of I Can't Quit You (to the T) with totally different lyrics...

Thats the only concert I've heard that they play it... I'm just wondering why they would play what is essentially the same song twice or if anyone knows anything about this song and its origins...

Yea I really like their take on the song... like you said, really psychadelic. I wish they would've played it later in 1969 (particularly 4-24-1969 and 4-27-1969) where the sound quality was better.., but then again the Whiskey A Go-Go show was pretty good recording for the time.

Theres even more rare songs like Sugar Mama and Sunshine Woman, which are really awesome songs but never played live (as far as I know).

I know Sugar Mama is on the "Alternative CODA" boot and Sunshine Woman is on the "Complete BBC Sessions boot. Those are the only versions I have or that I know of in existence.

If you can find the Dadgad release of the Jan. 10-69 show you will have a great version of for Your Love. and the sound is really good a little dated but good.

They also played For Your Love in their January dates mostly. It was a complete departure from the Yardbirds version which was a pop song. They turned it into complete psychedelic blues. I think I have 3 or 4 versions.

I think it veered closer to Blue Cheer-style heavy metal, actually.

If you can find the Dadgad release of the Jan. 10-69 show you will have a great version of for Your Love. and the sound is really good a little dated but good.

Yea I've got that one - good indeed

Archived