Presidential Debate

danelectro59

World War 2, Korea and Vietnam occured under Democrat administrations, so what's your point?

Ummmm, the major difference being it's the first time AMERICANS were attacked on AMERICAN soil.(not counting the civil war)

And I am more likely to break my foot off in your ass for making such stupid remarks.

Proving the original point, thank you. <_<

Yeah, like I said I just heard Kissinger today in a telephone interview on Fox News with Megyn Kelly. Obviously Katie Couric and Barrack Obama have no clue about what they are talking about. Not that liberals are going to appreciate the facts of Kissinger's stated points.

I'd like to hear/see that proof also. Kinda strange that on September 16th it was reported that Kissinger DID suggest that high level discussions, WITHOUT CONDITION should begin. Nixon and Ford have both criticized the current Bush policy of not opening discussions with Iran unless they dismantle their nuclear program.

As Obama pointed out, that tactic OR strategy, has severely failed when applied to N. Korea.

BTW - Couric isn't worth 15 dollars. And does anybody even watch her anyway?

Only to see Palin. Oddly, she is one of the very few that the the republican party has 'allowed' Sarah to interview here. Oh...yeah! She's also the one that McCain had to run right to on his way to running right to dinner, on his way to running to an overnight stay, on his way to rush to the airport and return to Washington to solve the current economic crisis. So my assumption would be that the repuplican party puts a lot of stock in Courics interviews. Go figure! <_<

I don't think you quite understand, you were upset because Del is calling names. How did you respond? By calling Del names. That is a very childish way to fight. It is also a hypicritical thing to do. I'm not calling you a child, or a hypocrite. I think that it would just be in your best interest if you were upset by something to not repremand that person by doing the exact same that upet you. Quite honestly, it doesn't make you look any more mature.

Edited: And your above comment is very rude, and no better than Del's. You are doing anything but making yourself look any more intellegent.

Don't speak to me like a child. Of course I understand what I said. Do I look that stupid to you? Stop trying to keep the peace.

Del is insulting to all Liberals. I grow tired of it.

I'm afraid my take on McCain's disrespectful body langauge towards Obama isn't nearly as charitable as some here - to me it was indicative of McCain's strategy of appealing to right wing racists. A racist would read that body language very clearly - who grants a black man "equal" status by looking him in the eye?

It was ugly, whether McCain really is too racist to look an educated black person square in the face, or he was pandering to the lowest denominator, which seems to be his strategy.

For that reason alone, he lost the debate - huge.

I don't know if I'd call McCain a racist, but I do think his body language showed his contempt for Obama and his incredulousness at having to debate him. I mean, how many times did Jim Lehrer ask McCain to address Obama and direct his comments to him and to LOOK at him? Too many times for a senior senator who is running for President. That's shit you tell a 13 year old in junior high who is running for student class president.

It was just pathetic to see. Whether you think Obama won the debate on content, you have to admit he won the debate on respect.

Show me the interview transcript or a link to it.

You are such a moron, that I'm boggled by your stupidity. "Warm Fuzzies"? "Stupid Sappy Liberals"?

How about "Cheating old Republicans" Or the fact that Repubilcans are "greedy swindlers"....

I love your ability to name call here, to people who have different views then you.

I got a name for you Del, "douche Bag". That pretty Much sums up you on a whole.

I can either debate or name call with the best of them. Show me something worth debating with you then great. Up till now all I have heard from you is dribble and sap.

Sappy-liberal-dribble :lol:

I'm afraid my take on McCain's disrespectful body langauge towards Obama isn't nearly as charitable as some here - to me it was indicative of McCain's strategy of appealing to right wing racists. A racist would read that body language very clearly - who grants a black man "equal" status by looking him in the eye?

It was ugly, whether McCain really is too racist to look an educated black person square in the face, or he was pandering to the lowest denominator, which seems to be his strategy.

For that reason alone, he lost the debate - huge.

Speaking of sappy liberal dribble... where do you get this kind of crap? You just spout this stuff out of your pie hole from the complete void of reason that fills your head.

Billiant. I could argue your "logic" on this point, but I think you pretty much already lost the arguement just based on your baseless and bizare comments. You are the ONLY one injecting race into this discussion. Even Obama would point out your foolishness on this one.

Del why do you persist in name-calling, It just seems everytime someone brings out a point that you have difficulty responding to you seem to resort to vulgarity.

That's because I save all my best stuff for liberal Europeans jumping into our political discussions.

If that is what you are 'euro'?

Of course I called Del that name. He is exactly that. I'm getting tired of his lack of respect to others around here ...

...It's because he has a small penis. Which is normally the case for republicans.

So do you have a lot of contact with republican penises? Are you some sort of an expert on them?

My question is: do you measure these republican penises from the front, the side, from below, by reach around -- or are you just offering an opinion based on the way they "feel" to you?

I can't wait to hear your opinion on the 'taste test' as well.

:lol:

I don't know if I'd call McCain a racist, but I do think his body language showed his contempt for Obama and his incredulousness at having to debate him. I mean, how many times did Jim Lehrer ask McCain to address Obama and direct his comments to him and to LOOK at him? Too many times for a senior senator who is running for President. That's shit you tell a 13 year old in junior high who is running for student class president.

It was just pathetic to see. Whether you think Obama won the debate on content, you have to admit he won the debate on respect.

He certainly is not very polished nor does he have a good executive presence. Yeah, I can see him in Peace talks with <insert your choice here> and coming off as sincere - Not!

9/11 occurred under a Republican administration and moreover Americans are infinitely more likely to be murdered by their fellow americans than a terrorist.

World War 2, Korea and Vietnam occured under Democrat administrations, so what's your point?

Ummmm, the major difference being it's the first time AMERICANS were attacked on AMERICAN soil.(not counting the civil war)

Are you saying American "SOIL" because the attack at Pearl Harbor 7 Dec. 1941 was mostly on water... or did you just forget that little tid-bit from World History?

:whistling:

BTW - A Democrat was also in office (Woodrow Wilson) when WW 1 broke out as well.

I failed to go back that far in history when making my point...

however apperently "some people" don't even remember the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. :lol:

He certainly is not very polished nor does he have a good executive presence. Yeah, I can see him in Peace talks with <insert your choice here> and coming off as sincere - Not!

My dad's voting for Obama. Never thought I'd see the day, my dad last voted Democrat in 1972, because he hated Richard Nixon and went with McGovern because of Watergate. He even did volunteer work for him in Chicago. Now why would my dad, who has voted Republican in every national election since 1976, vote for one of the most liberal senators in the country? To quote:

"If this is how McCain treats a fellow Senator, he'll treat world leaders who disagree with him no different and we'll be at war with Iran in a year."

That shocked the shit out of me.

Nice summary Patrycja, are you a journalist? You have a great ability to perceive finer nuances and pick up on the subtleties that many here are lacking.

Well thanks very much, Medhb! No, I'm not a journalist but I do study different writing styles in part for work to help others improve their writing and in part for myself to improve my own. So like with all crafts, you're bound to notice things you train to focus on. I'd love to get paid for writing, but it's really hard to get your foot in the door.

It seemed to me that he was more struggling to keep control by twisting the facts so Obama had to straighten them out. So those who don't know the issues (or the candidates) might have bought it. But then again you only saw the first 20 minutes. :lol:

Yeah that seems like conscious strategy by McCain. Pile on misinformation and it has the double effect of some people believing it and BO having to spend time clarifying half-truths which takes time away from fully explaining his own position.

BTW - A Democrat was also in office (Woodrow Wilson) when WW 1 broke out as well.

If you look and see, Wilson kept us out of WW1 for nearly three years and Roosevelt out of WW2 for over two years. It's not like they jumped in first chance they got, and believe me the European Allies wanted us in sooner than we were.

Del is insulting to all Liberals. I grow tired of it.

You need a hug or something?

You need to thicken up your skin a bit my friend. Poltical discussions are no place for people needing warm fuzzies. Maybe try the "what's your favorite color thread."

Besides, you have no problem when insulting comments are made directed at conservatives/Republicans do you? You are consistently silent on that it would seem. That pretty much renders your moral outrage to the level of insignificance. A very whine and cheesy thing if you ask me.

Somebody give Electicmagic a hug.

If you look and see, Wilson kept us out of WW1 for nearly three years and Roosevelt out of WW2 for over two years. It's not like they jumped in first chance they got, and believe me the European Allies wanted us in sooner than we were.

My point was to point out the stupidity of euro's comment about a Republican being in office when 9/11 occured. To blame a Repuclican for the 9/11 terrorist attack makes about as much sense as blaming Wilson and Roosevelt for European Imperialism and Facism.

Are you saying American "SOIL" because the attack at Pearl Harbor 7 Dec. 1941 was mostly on water... or did you just forget that little tid-bit from World History?

:whistling:

I failed to go back that far in history when making my point...

however apperently "some people" don't even remember the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. :lol:

Duh!!! Sorry bout that :blink: I guess I was stupidly thinking continent...and of course the 9/11 attacks are so much more real to me as I watched the buildings implode from my office window.....it was surreal.

Thanks for keepin me honest :)

What war experience does McCain have? He was in captivity for much of the the Vietnam war. He has a voting history, and thats about it.

Is that a joke?

Flying with the Navy is sure as hell experience, no matter how long he was captive for. It's still "war experience". Plus the fact that he had extensive military training goes towards his war experience in a sense.

More han Obama, that's for damn sure in any case

9/11 occurred under a Republican administration and moreover Americans are infinitely more likely to be murdered by their fellow americans than a terrorist.
Oh, I see. So 9/11 was planned and all set to go during the few months a Republican was in office?

Puhleeze. Clinton had the chance to take him out, but he didn't. Great idea.

But to be fair, 9/11 was Bin Laden's fault, no one else's. Few, if any, could have seen it coming. I blame no one but him.

I hate blaming the Republicans for the economic mess but stop butressing my case. The only thing worse than a tax-and-spend lilberal is a borrow-and -spend conservative

100% agreed

Is that a joke?

Flying with the Navy is sure as hell experience, no matter how long he was captive for. It's still "war experience". Plus the fact that he had extensive military training goes towards his war experience in a sense.

More han Obama, that's for damn sure in any case

Truly Wannabe, I don't think one needs to have experience flying planes and military training to be a great strategist. Besides, we already have strategy experts, all presidents use them.

My cousin was a Top Gun in the Navy, now he's a trainer. He flew lots of covert missions (and never once crashed a plane!) but I don't think that makes him capable of being president.

McCain relies too heavily on the terrible experience he suffered to represent himself as a capable strategist. I just isn't true.

Truly Wannabe, I don't think one needs to have experience flying planes and military training to be a great strategist. Besides, we already have strategy experts, all presidents use them.

True. But to discount his training and war experience is simply stupid

My cousin was a Top Gun in the Navy, now he's a trainer. He flew lots of covert missions (and never once crashed a plane!) but I don't think that makes him capable of being president.

Agreed. But it's a great advantage to have a war-knowledgeable President in times of war so they make stupidass mistakes (look at Bush...)

McCain relies too heavily on the terrible experience he suffered to represent himself as a capable strategist. I just isn't true.

I agree

There's a difference between respecting someone's war hero status and being angered by their pimping of it for votes. I respect what John McCain went through, the same as I respected what John Kerry and all other Vietnam vets had to go through. What my problem with the both of them was, they relied on that experience too much and beat the horse to death. I don't think it's acceptable to mock them for it either, and when I saw those shitheads at the RNC 4 years ago with Purple Heart band-aids on, I wanted to throw something at them. How base.

I don't think anyone here, regardless of party lines, thinks what McCain went through is nothing.

There's a difference between respecting someone's war hero status and being angered by their pimping of it for votes. I respect what John McCain went through, the same as I respected what John Kerry and all other Vietnam vets had to go through. What my problem with the both of them was, they relied on that experience too much and beat the horse to death. I don't think it's acceptable to mock them for it either, and when I saw those shitheads at the RNC 4 years ago with Purple Heart band-aids on, I wanted to throw something at them. How base.

I don't think anyone here, regardless of party lines, thinks what McCain went through is nothing.

I agree that it's distateful, I never said it wasn't.

However, I take issue with it when someone says he has no war experience, eseentially. That's simply bullshit. You may not like that he uses it to get votes, but don't discredit what him in that category. That's just as distasteful.

I can either debate or name call with the best of them. Show me something worth debating with you then great. Up till now all I have heard from you is dribble and sap.

Sappy-liberal-dribble :lol:

Speaking of sappy liberal dribble... where do you get this kind of crap? You just spout this stuff out of your pie hole from the complete void of reason that fills your head.

Billiant. I could argue your "logic" on this point, but I think you pretty much already lost the arguement just based on your baseless and bizare comments. You are the ONLY one injecting race into this discussion. Even Obama would point out your foolishness on this one.

That's because I save all my best stuff for liberal Europeans jumping into our political discussions.

If that is what you are 'euro'?

So do you have a lot of contact with republican penises? Are you some sort of an expert on them?

My question is: do you measure these republican penises from the front, the side, from below, by reach around -- or are you just offering an opinion based on the way they "feel" to you?

I can't wait to hear your opinion on the 'taste test' as well.

here is something to debate... The fact that you haven't shown anyone the interview you site. Which doesn't do much for your argument.

And I gathered all that info from an excellent resource... Care to guess who she is? Hint, I refer to her as Mrs. Zeppnile

Actually, your name calling abilities are old and tired. Typical D-Bag behavior. You assume you are so witty, yet most of the shit coming from your mouth reeks of complete bias, and stupidity. Which was well showcased in you "Slap lipstick on a pig" thread.

My point was to point out the stupidity of euro's comment about a Republican being in office when 9/11 occured. To blame a Republican for the 9/11 terrorist attack makes about as much sense as blaming Wilson and Roosevelt for European Imperialism and Facism.

You forgot about Katrina. Bush had the chance to take out Tropical storm Katrina but did nothing. It surely wasn't the people in charge at state level fault. Hell, the fact New Orleans in under sea level and Liberal cutbacks to the levy system is just pure coincidence.

Still if they want to play the blame game. If a recession starts, it will be in the next POTUS term. So I will blame Obama for the past 2 quarters of economic downturn. Im sure Iran will lob a bomb or two somewhere, so it will be Obamas fault.

Still, it's gonna come out that the best thing to do about the economy is to do nothing. You need investors. So you can't raise capital gains tax or dividends.

I do not want more government, no one in this country does, so im against this bailout. Because the dems know they have a bad bill and need the repubs to go along so they don't get blamed. But the idea of buying debt from banks will work, but the government is the problem. It is greedy. 20% to the Obama linked peice of shit Acor? IM sure a couple bridges to nowhere will be in this bill.

Still, its pretty clear Obama got taught a few things in the debate about Foreign Affairs by McCain. Because they are discrediting the Military exp. of the most military exp. nominee since Eisenhower.

If Obama gets in, Rice and Petreaus will be gone, the only people in the last 8 years who have done anything on anything. Thats Change of a almost inhuman nature.

By the by, speaking of debates......for the VP debate, I have $20 that says Palin wears her hair down and over her ears.

She's got to hide the wire.

:hysterical:

THOSE debates will be better than the presidential ones I'm sure....the combined entertainment factor of Biden and Palin will be priceless!

Archived