Presidential Debate

danelectro59

You need a hug or something?

You need to thicken up your skin a bit my friend. Poltical discussions are no place for people needing warm fuzzies. Maybe try the "what's your favorite color thread."

Besides, you have no problem when insulting comments are made directed at conservatives/Republicans do you? You are consistently silent on that it would seem. That pretty much renders your moral outrage to the level of insignificance. A very whine and cheesy thing if you ask me.

Somebody give Electicmagic a hug.

:lol:

My skin is thick my friend. Which is why I can dish it out as well. Your insults driven at Liberals is far beyond what anyone else says about republicans.

You think all Liberals are cry-babies. and you make that very aware. I think most republicans are lying, back stabbing cheats. All about the wealthy and not doing enough for the common man. Which is what I've gathered from my experience.

:hysterical:

THOSE debates will be better than the presidential ones I'm sure....the combined entertainment factor of Biden and Palin will be priceless!

I've seen the YouTube video of her in the Alaska Gubernatorial debates and she's a competent debater. That said, how much of it had to do with the fact it was issues and policies she'd know off the top of her head, with little to no coaching? I'm from Chicago, if you asked me to talk about Chicago politics, I probably could hold my own. If you asked me to debate Joe Biden about national politics, I'd shart myself.

So yes, it should be interesting. For a couple of reasons; how many toes will Biden get in his mouth, and how many word salads will Palin throw up trying to answer a question in 90 seconds. I really think they'll do what they did with Bush in '04 and wire her for sound. I can't see them not doing so. They knew Kerry would wipe the floor with Bush (and he did) so they stuck a wire on him (I have photos that show it) and if they don't do it with her, I'd be shocked. So if you see her hair down, you'll know why.

My skin is thick my friend. Which is why I can dish it out as well. Your insults driven at Liberals is far beyond what anyone else says about republicans.
Are you reading the same forum as me? :huh:

Liberals heavily outnumbers cnservatives here and they aren't exactly known for tolerance of the other side...Del is simply just as blatant as them sometimes.

I'll be returning from a trip just as the VP debate will be under way. Hopefully CNN will replay it like they did with the presidential debates. I can't wait for this one! (too lazy & tired to find the smiley eating popcorn, wondering if there's one saying 'Oh snap!')

How is wiring someone for a debate allowed? Don't they check the candidates beforehand?

Liberals heavily outnumbers cnservatives here and they aren't exactly known for tolerance of the other side...Del is simply just as blatant as them sometimes.

This is my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

While I agree that Liberals outnumber Conservatives, I think the reason YOU think we don't show tolerance is that we constantly have to fend off crap all the time. There are maybe 2 or 3 non-Democrats here who can debate and discuss issues with Democrats, and do so without name-calling, insults, ad hominem attacks and general asshattery. They don't back up anything they say with numbers, they spew rumors and debunked stories as though they were fact, and when you try and confront them about it with the truth, you get told off. Meanwhile, you can't say anything negative about a Republican, lest you get called anti-American, unpatriotic, anti-troop, the list goes on. They take it as a personal affront to their sense of American pride, so they crawl down your throat about it. For no reason.

Like I said, this is just my opinion.

How is wiring someone for a debate allowed? Don't they check the candidates beforehand?

It shouldn't be allowed. I don't believe that it is, but that doesn't mean someone won't try to get away with it. I would hope the candidates are checked before they go out there, but like I said.....Bush wore one.

This is my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

While I agree that Liberals outnumber Conservatives, I think the reason YOU think we don't show tolerance is that we constantly have to fend off crap all the time. There are maybe 2 or 3 non-Democrats here who can debate and discuss issues with Democrats, and do so without name-calling, insults, ad hominem attacks and general asshattery. They don't back up anything they say with numbers, they spew rumors and debunked stories as though they were fact, and when you try and confront them about it with the truth, you get told off. Meanwhile, you can't say anything negative about a Republican, lest you get called anti-American, unpatriotic, anti-troop, the list goes on. They take it as a personal affront to their sense of American pride, so they crawl down your throat about it. For no reason.

Like I said, this is just my opinion.

This is a great post. Some Republicans here are definitely not above being a dick (I'm sure you know who I'm talking about). I'm just saying that it works both ways.

Hi all,

I haven't been on this site in quite some time, but I knew this thread was going and going....

I am a very political person, but lately, I have had to cut down on the intake of politics. It really is driving me up a fucking wall. It's getting absolutely absurd and too stressful. Since I have cut down on the politics, life has been much happier, I must say....you should try it sometime, I highly suggest it. It's good for your health, I promise.

BUT, I just had to jump in here and share a story.

I've met John McCain 3 times. Every time he was a very nice person, but the point I want to make is about the whole "Looking at Obama" during the debate nonsense.

1. He was writing taking notes.

2. They (the cameramen, people in charge of the behind the scenes) don't want them to turn the front of their body from the camera.

3. McCain cannot turn his shoulders and head.

I've gotten proof of this firsthand.

Awhile back, before this horrid presidential shit got going, I met him at a tv show. He was sitting in the makeup room, in the chair getting his makeup done for the show. I came in the door, which was to the left of him. I started talking to him, and he stopped me almost right away and asked me to come stand in front of him so he could see who he was talking to. He apologized and mentioned that he is not able to turn his body that way.

A lot more happened in terms of conversation and his visit there, but that is really the only thing I want to say.

Take it or leave it, I don't care. I know a lot of people will say he should have turned his entire body, he was rude, blah blah blah, but there's that.

I'm out!

here is something to debate... The fact that you haven't shown anyone the interview you site. Which doesn't do much for your argument.

Are you saying I made it up? The interview was just today, but thanks to youtube -- well, here you go hotshot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w6EQt_7wxc

I guess Obama didn't know what he was talking about and McCain pretty much owned him on that one didn't he?

And I gathered all that info from an excellent resource... Care to guess who she is? Hint, I refer to her as Mrs. Zeppnile

Please don't tell us that you still want to keep bringing up the topic about republican penis size Electricmagic? You claimed to be an expert on the size of some men's penises, now don't try and pass that off onto someone else.

Why are you so stuck on talking about men's penises? Care to elaborate on your little fetish?

Actually, your name calling abilities are old and tired. Typical D-Bag behavior. You assume you are so witty, yet most of the shit coming from your mouth reeks of complete bias, and stupidity. Which was well showcased in you "Slap lipstick on a pig" thread.

That coming from the guy who wants to talk about penises and other people's wives.

You are the poster child for "bias and stupidity"...

Bowl-of-Stupid--C11749983.jpeg

This is a great post. Some Republicans here are definitely not above being a dick (I'm sure you know who I'm talking about). I'm just saying that it works both ways.

Is Dick lower than asshole on the scale you are implying. Because I am a certified asshole. Where will bitch fall in. (We all know who I am referring too.)

Hermit, as we discuss, will use names when he starts losing arguments, which is weird because first thing he will say to me will be a name. Right after that, he will state he is winning the argument, before he posts what he found on the internet that makes what he think sound smart.

As far as Im concern, there is only two conservatives that get into this heavy, while there is atleast 5 liberals. There are some conservatives that get invloved, but they just do a drive by, like some of the liberals do, but they do not offend when they point out mistakes made by liberals.

So there is name calling all around, but even if you call McCain/Palin/Bush or Obama/BIden a name, you are still enticing the other side, and we can all agree that names have been thrown around alot more against McCain/Palin/Bush induvidualy, than ever for Obama/Biden/Michelle combined.

As i pointed out before Racism is the same thing as Sexism or Ageism. They are all principals of hate. It doesn't matter if there was slavery in this country when judging whats more hateful, there are countries that still treat women as second class citizens, and we all get old.

Hi all,

I've met John McCain 3 times. Every time he was a very nice person, but the point I want to make is about the whole "Looking at Obama" during the debate nonsense.

2. They (the cameramen, people in charge of the behind the scenes) don't want them to turn the front of their body from the camera.

I'm out!

well to be fair they all take notes, (well not really, they pretend to do something else so the camera doesn't catch a bad face)

Still, Obama new plan, since more of the same is really becoming more of the same from obama, was to get McCain mad and to lose his cool. So McCain was trying his hardest not to lose his cool. I think he should've because he left alot of good things on the table. (even MSNBC said McCain did not win because he left so much on the table.)

Hi all,

I haven't been on this site in quite some time, but I knew this thread was going and going....

I am a very political person, but lately, I have had to cut down on the intake of politics. It really is driving me up a fucking wall. It's getting absolutely absurd and too stressful. Since I have cut down on the politics, life has been much happier, I must say....you should try it sometime, I highly suggest it. It's good for your health, I promise.

Awhile back, before this horrid presidential shit got going, I met him at a tv show. He was sitting in the makeup room, in the chair getting his makeup done for the show. I came in the door, which was to the left of him. I started talking to him, and he stopped me almost right away and asked me to come stand in front of him so he could see who he was talking to. He apologized and mentioned that he is not able to turn his body that way.

A lot more happened in terms of conversation and his visit there, but that is really the only thing I want to say.

Take it or leave it, I don't care. I know a lot of people will say he should have turned his entire body, he was rude, blah blah blah, but there's that.

I'm out!

Thanks for posting this. I think to most people it should be obvious that John McCain has some very prominent physical handicaps, especially when it comes to being able to move his arms and upper body. However, some liberals keep on trying to attack him on this, and make it into something that it is not. Even the Obama campaign was running an ad where they attacked McCain for not using a computer for sending e-mails. Trying to make the claim that he is stupid or lacking in technical skills.... yep, an approved Obama ad.

But they pulled that ad because some people pointed out just as you have just done. That McCain does not use a computer much because the physical action of typing alone is very uncomfortable to him with the injuries he sustained while ejecting from his airplane, and due to his later experinces as a wounded prisoner of war. Besides, how completely stupid the Obama campaign was to suggest that a fighter pilot was somehow lacking in technical experience. Most people aren't even qualified to pump fuel into a fighter jet much less know how to fly one.

Just more proof of how desperate and mean the attacks from liberals continue to be. One person here even suggested that McCain was a racist because he did not completely turn and face Obama during the debate. How they jumped to that conclusion can not even be answered from logic or the facts. Just another emotional reaction like most liberal responses tend to be.

I watched the debate and to be perfectly honest, I didn't see a clear cut winner. Both looked uncomfortable and both lacked what I would call...leadership. Tit for tat won't cut it. These two better come up with something better than what they offered last night. Too bad this fiscal mess didn't happen earlier in the year, you may have been looking at two different candidates if it had. No disrespect intended

I really think they'll do what they did with Bush in '04 and wire her for sound. I can't see them not doing so. They knew Kerry would wipe the floor with Bush (and he did) so they stuck a wire on him (I have photos that show it) and if they don't do it with her, I'd be shocked. So if you see her hair down, you'll know why.

Are you fucking kidding me??

What a joke, what an absolute fucking joke, a candidate can't even debate now without someone feeding them their shit...A Presidential or Vice-Presidential candidate should be able to debate these issues on their own, this just further increase the sad pathetic joke that is American Politics.

I am, and yes, there are obviously more liberals on this board. But show me some real aggression, blatant name calling... In which Del didn't start.

Thanks for posting this. I think to most people it should be obvious that John McCain has some very prominent physical handicaps, especially when it comes to being able to move his arms and upper body. However, some liberals keep on trying to attack him on this, and make it into something that it is not. Even the Obama campaign was running an ad where they attacked McCain for not using a computer for sending e-mails. Trying to make the claim that he is stupid or lacking in technical skills.... yep, an approved Obama ad.

But they pulled that ad because some people pointed out just as you have just done. That McCain does not use a computer much because the physical action of typing alone is very uncomfortable to him with the injuries he sustained while ejecting from his airplane, and due to his later experinces as a wounded prisoner of war. Besides, how completely stupid the Obama campaign was to suggest that a fighter pilot was somehow lacking in technical experience. Most people aren't even qualified to pump fuel into a fighter jet much less know how to fly one.

Just more proof of how desperate and mean the attacks from liberals continue to be. One person here even suggested that McCain was a racist because he did not completely turn and face Obama during the debate. How they jumped to that conclusion can not even be answered from logic or the facts. Just another emotional reaction like most liberal responses tend to be.

So every reporter in the united states was oblivious to his handicap? And he couldn't turn to face Obama... Give me a break.

I'm going to reply to your other post tomorrow when I have more energy.

Are you saying I made it up? The interview was just today, but thanks to youtube -- well, here you go hotshot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w6EQt_7wxc

I guess Obama didn't know what he was talking about and McCain pretty much owned him on that one didn't he?

Please don't tell us that you still want to keep bringing up the topic about republican penis size Electricmagic? You claimed to be an expert on the size of some men's penises, now don't try and pass that off onto someone else.

Why are you so stuck on talking about men's penises? Care to elaborate on your little fetish?

That coming from the guy who wants to talk about penises and other people's wives.

You are the poster child for "bias and stupidity"...

Bowl-of-Stupid--C11749983.jpeg

If it looks like shit, smells like shit...

Look this up Del... And I was talking about your mom, not your wife. You should know about small dicks better then anyone. You own one.

Here, Kissenger makes no apparent argument, in terms with meeting with iran without pre-conditions.

Let me know where I'm wrong here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6gziWq38D4

Fact Check: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/fa...ebate_no_1.html

There you go.

If it looks like shit, smells like shit...

Look this up Del...

Here, Kissenger makes no apparent argument, in terms with meeting with iran without pre-conditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6gziWq38D4

Your complete level of misunderstanding of the "tactics vs. strategy" point that McCain was making is only surpassed in incompetency by your canidate Barrack Obama. Obama has already stated the he (him personally as president) would sit down face to face with Ahmedinijad, Hugo Chavez and Raul Castro in DIRECT negotiations. That is NOT WHAT Henry Kissinger, James Baker or Colin Powell --- or anyone with half a brain about dealing with Iran has ever proposed. Obama is wrong on that, and McCain has pointed that out. And of course, Henry Kissinger just today reiterated Obama's basis misconception and flawed strategy on that very important point.

It does no good for a President to meet (high level negotiations) without preconditions to that meeting. The tactical error of such a meeting could result in the opposition (and in the case of Iran a rogue state which has called for the destruction of Israel) gaining far too much prestige from a meeting where they could basically tell the President of the United States to just kiss off. And as John McCain pointed out the other night, what could you say then?

What Kissinger and others have been talking about are lower level negotiations lines of communication that could be made without pre-conditions. In those cases, if the other side blows us off, then nothing in terms of prestige or position are lost. You seem to have no understanding of the difference in the two types of tactics of negotiation, and neither does Obama. And that is why Obama's clear lack of experience and wisdom on this issue could prove dangerous.

Either try to keep up with this stuff or go back to the "what's your favorite color thread."

And I was talking about your mom, not your wife. You should know about small dicks better then anyone. You own one.

What are you... 13 years old or something? Am I having a conversation with a little kid?

If you really want to keep talking about penises, why not make a thread on the topic. That way your facination with mine and other men's penises could be talked about at length (no pun intended).You could even post some of the pictures you have been drawing on the back of your notebook. You know, the one you keep hiding from your mommy and daddy.

Do you really need to play out your homo erotic fantasies in this Presidential debate thread?

Hi all,

I'm out!

Somewhat valid points but we should all be aware that every aspect of these debates is orchestrated to show the candidates in their best light. Why wouldn't they just put McCain on the other side of the stage in order for him to participate in the manner which the debate was intended to carried out?

Your complete level of misunderstanding of the "tactics vs. strategy" point that McCain was making is only surpassed in incompetency by your canidate Barrack Obama. Obama has already stated the he (him personally as president) would sit down face to face with Ahmedinijad, Hugo Chavez and Raul Castro in DIRECT negotiations. That is NOT WHAT Henry Kissinger, James Baker or Colin Powell --- or anyone with half a brain about dealing with Iran has ever proposed. Obama is wrong on that, and McCain has pointed that out. And of course, Henry Kissinger just today reiterated Obama's basis misconception and flawed strategy on that very important point.

It does no good for a President to meet (high level negotiations) without preconditions to that meeting. The tactical error of such a meeting could result in the opposition (and in the case of Iran a rogue state which has called for the destruction of Israel) gaining far too much prestige from a meeting where they could basically tell the President of the United States to just kiss off. And as John McCain pointed out the other night, what could you say then?

What Kissinger and others have been talking about are lower level negotiations lines of communication that could be made without pre-conditions. In those cases, if the other side blows us off, then nothing in terms of prestige or position are lost. You seem to have no understanding of the difference in the two types of tactics of negotiation, and neither does Obama. And that is why Obama's clear lack of experience and wisdom on this issue could prove dangerous.

I think it gets just a little tricky here and depends on how one interprets the words "us" and "we".

Listen carefully to this clip.

It is pure symantics. Obama said "I reserve the right to sit down with anyone in the world at the time and place of my choosing if I think it increases safety of Americans" .

That sentence taken on it's own is absolutely what ANY president would agree with.

THEN, as the discussion futhers Obama begins to use the words "we" and "us" insinutating his administration. And if you pay real close attention you will notice he SAYS "Of course! It will start with low level discussions" So clearly he is indicating that he intends to approach it exactly as Kissinger said he would.

The problem is when the press asked Kissinger about what he meant they posed the wrong question to him. They said "Did you ever say that the President should sit down without pre-conditions?" and he said "No" and that of course is correct. However Obama never said "I will sit down with the President of Iran without pre-conditions".

So of course this can be spun anyway you want to look at it.

Archived