Rush's "Hemispheres"

MisterMcLov1n

this is my favorite rush album, too. i did aproject in literature class in high school where i played political music (or music with lyrics i thought i understood). i played "the trees" and turned a few heads around (this was 1978, i think). i love the whole album, some of geddy's best vocals, and lifesons best playing (although i still have a soft spot for the solo from "the necromancer" from "caress of steel"). 'circumstances" is a standout....hell, the whole album is great!

this is my favorite rush album, too. i did aproject in literature class in high school where i played political music (or music with lyrics i thought i understood). i played "the trees" and turned a few heads around (this was 1978, i think). i love the whole album, some of geddy's best vocals, and lifesons best playing (although i still have a soft spot for the solo from "the necromancer" from "caress of steel"). 'circumstances" is a standout....hell, the whole album is great!

Oi Oi, hello Beatbo,

I will have to cause an international incident here and disagree, i love everything Rush, but "By Tor and the Snow Dog" man, this just some's the group up for me. So it has to be "Fly By Night"

Regards, Danny

FlyByNight.jpg

• 3 months later...
Its one of their best, La Villa Strangeato is just so cool...

I love the way Alex pulls funny faces and sings stupid lyrics when he plays that live ( as he did on the Rush30 tour)

Obviously has a great sense of humour and does not take himself too seriously

I love the way Alex pulls funny faces and sings stupid lyrics when he plays that live ( as he did on the Rush30 tour)

Yes I crack up at that moment in the gigs, great stuff.

So they left La Villa Strangiato off the R30 DVD then? *mutters negatively to self...*

I mean I know it was on the Rush in Rio one, but c'mon. That's a dynamite song.

My favorite Rush album is A Farewell To Kings. Hemispheres is such a great album I would call it Rush's masterpiece. I have been listening to Hemispheres alot over the last 14 to 15 years, that is one hell of an album. I highly recommend that anybody who wants to get into Rush make Hemispheres the first purchase.

So they left La Villa Strangiato off the R30 DVD then? *mutters negatively to self...*

I mean I know it was on the Rush in Rio one, but c'mon. That's a dynamite song.

It's not on the R30 Deluxe Edition??? (with the guitar picks and all)

DVD Disc #2 - Special Features:

This disc includes bonus features including the following RUSH rarities:

ARCHIVE PERFORMANCE FOOTAGE:

Fly By Night - Church Session Video (1975)

Finding My Way – mpeg1 from Rock Concert

In The Mood – mpeg1 from Rock Concert

Circumstances

La Villa Strangiato

A Farewell to Kings - Seneca College Theatre (1977)

Xanadu - Seneca College Theatre (1977)

Soundcheck: Various Songs - Ivor Wynne Stadium (1977)

Freewill - Toronto Rocks / Rolling Stones Concert (2003)

>Closer to the Heart - Canadian Tsunami Disaster Fund charity telethon performance on CBC television (2005)

R B)

Archived