LED ZEPPELIN And METALLICA Rumored For BONNAROO 2008

I've always considered Metallica to be the Led Zeppelin of their generation. They had this underground vibe and a huge fan base before they ever showed up on MTV.

i must say that i disagree with you whole-heartedly, the boys of metallica don't even come close to rivaling the greatest band of all time. led zeppelin was the heaviest band of all time, selling sex and rock and all that is love, metallica sells the same shit over and over.

as for bonnaroo, OMG!@#$!@ i think i may cream myself if the lineup this year is topped by led zeppelin. i've been to 'roo the past 3 years and it just keeps getting better. my hopes are already soaring for this year. i didn't think bonnaroo could get radiohead, but that happened. then last year with the flaming lips and jack and meg? Led Zeppelin is coming to tennesee to play the best bonnaroo yet, i can feel it! bonnaROOOOOOOO

Lord knows...nope, He probably doesn't, either :huh: ... However, now that it's clear that anything I type is opinion ONLY :lol: , if they were to do something else, why NOT Bonnaroo?

Plant reportedly does not like large stadiums and who can blame him. Dreadful. I'd truly rather not see a show than go to a stadium.

Muddy and horrid, perhaps. More personal? Certainly. Ability to have some other interesting musicians around...SS/Union Station/Alison Krauss... :cheer:

See where this is heading? Is ANYBODY OUT THERE that thinks this makes sense...besides me, myself, and I?

:hippy:

John Paul Jones played with Warren Hayne's Gov't Mule at Bonnaroo last year, they played “Moby Dick" and “Living Loving Maid” with JPJ on bass then Mule’s Andy Hess retunred on bass while JPJ joined Mule keyboardist Danny Louis on the keyboard bench. The band played “Since I’ve Been Loving You” into “No Quarter”.

On the surface I'm a skeptic, but after looking over the past performers at this festival there are some interesting Zeppelin related connections.

Obviously Jonesy has played there himself, and then most notably The Black Crowes, T Bone Burnett, Alison Krauss, and Steve Winwood. I know it sounds crazy and I'd like to write it off as bullshit, but I can see them playing an event like this.

Either way, I signed up for the mailing list. :unsure:

On the surface I'm a skeptic, but after looking over the past performers at this festival there are some interesting Zeppelin related connections.

Obviously Jonesy has played there himself, and then most notably The Black Crowes, T Bone Burnett, Alison Krauss, and Steve Winwood. I know it sounds crazy and I'd like to write it off as bullshit, but I can see them playing an event like this.

Either way, I signed up for the mailing list. :unsure:

So did I....just in case...

Bonnaroo Promoters Quash Lineup Rumors

December 04, 2007, 3:45 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

After a rumor that Led Zeppelin and Metallica would headline the 2008 Bonnaroo festival caused an Internet frenzy in the past 48 hours, the event's promoters have spoken out to quash the reports.

"The rumors that are out there about the Bonnaroo 2008 headliners are inaccurate," Superfly Presents and A.C. Entertainment said in a statement released to Billboard.com. "We're very excited about the lineup that we're putting together for this year's festival. We'll be announcing the confirmed lineup toward the end of January/beginning of February.

The source of the Zeppelin/Metallica rumor was an anonymous email included last week in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter.

Led Zeppelin will play its only planned show Dec. 10 in London as part of a tribute to late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

Metallica isn't playing Bonnaroo. Neither is Led Zeppelin and where in the report did it ever say anybody was opening for anybody? Not to mention the fact that it's a festival. Even if the rumor did turn out to be true (which it's not) they could have played different nights.

FYI everyone.......gotickets had police tickets up on their site when the band was firmly denying a tour and insisting they were only doing a rehearsal for the grammy performance.

I definitely smell the whiff of a Zepp tour....where there is smoke there is fire. Why all this activity all of a sudden eh? New website.....re-issues....re-masters ?????

Don't know for sure tho', there are other commitments as mentioned. The Plant, Krauss collaboration for one, that album is huge....when I was picking it up the girl in the store said they can't keep it in stock. Mind you...wouldn't it be cool if Zepp played Bonaroo and Robert ALSO did a show with Alison on another night ????? 60 miles from Nashville and in the heart of Alison fan country !!!! HMMMMMMM.

Anyway...I will stop fantasizing and wait for official word ;)

FYI everyone.......gotickets had police tickets up on their site when the band was firmly denying a tour and insisting they were only doing a rehearsal for the grammy performance.

I definitely smell the whiff of a Zepp tour....where there is smoke there is fire. Why all this activity all of a sudden eh? New website.....re-issues....re-masters ?????

Don't know for sure tho', there are other commitments as mentioned. The Plant, Krauss collaboration for one, that album is huge....when I was picking it up the girl in the store said they can't keep it in stock. Mind you...wouldn't it be cool if Zepp played Bonaroo and Robert ALSO did a show with Alison on another night ????? 60 miles from Nashville and in the heart of Alison fan country !!!! HMMMMMMM.

I agree, seems strange to suddenly saturate everyone with Zepp for no reason other than the O2 show that 99% of people who want to go, can't.

On a whim, I wen to the Alison Krauss website last night. It may well be too soon, but there was absolutely no tour info there yet...but does it mean anything? Probably not....it just set my head to wishin...

BTW, do you subscribe to gotickets? Just wondering if that's how you knew they were offering tickets there...

The remastered The Song Remains the Same soundtrack, the DVD and Mothership were already in production long before there was any talk of the London reunion show.

As for gotickets, they're just money grubbing ticket brokers that want your fucking money.

I've always considered Metallica to be the Led Zeppelin of their generation. They had this underground vibe and a huge fan base before they ever showed up on MTV.

I knew I ran the risk of being misunderstood by mention both bands in the same sentence. Apologies. Normally, I would only mention (big maybe here!) Pink Floyd in the same sentence. I'm the biggest Zep fan you would meet and know very well they are on a whole other level. I just meant that both bands came up in a similar way. Neither were media darlings. Metallica are the icons of their generation. Led Zeppelin are the icons of every generation! That's where the similarities end.I have never owned a Metallica album and never got into them much but I still knew who they were and that they had a lot of fans.

Archived