Sterotypes

Jimmy's A Legend

shit.gif it up yourassshaking.gif

Karma is not fate; humans are believed to act with free will, creating their own destinies. According to the Vedas, if an individual sows goodness, he or she will reap goodness; if one sows evil, he or she will reap evil.

Karma is not fate; humans are believed to act with free will, creating their own destinies. According to the Vedas, if an individual sows goodness, he or she will reap goodness; if one sows evil, he or she will reap evil.

Then how do they explian why bad things happen to good people?

We all go through the yin and the yang of life and the lucky ones perceviere. I don't really subscribe to the Veda plan, I see more variance than that one or the other thing.

By the way, I have to admit a guilty pleasure here,

I like that old song, Karma Cameleon, thanks for reminding me of it.

We all go through the yin and the yang of life and the lucky ones perceviere. I don't really subscribe to the Veda plan, I see more variance than that one or the other thing.

By the way, I have to admit a guilty pleasure here,

I like that old song, Karma Cameleon, thanks for reminding me of it.

You come and go

You come and go

You come and go

You come and go

I definately take the scenic route along the way and make many stops to see friends along the way. They're spread all over ya know.

I'm immortalized on a cd jacket as "The Wanderer". Many branches and few roots, there's much to see and do.

From sea to shining sea and purple mountain majesties, I fly right through the rolling plains, that's the only tedious part. Oh and places like Ohio and the Midwest. Boring, too monotypical.

Stereotypes wouldn't exist if people didn't live up to it.

Stereotypes are perpetuated by the prejudiced egoistic types.

1. I have a family member, pretty wealthy but his job requires sweat and work clothes. Lunch he breaks from work to go buy his wife a new Toyota for her birthday. Guess what, he was there looking at cars for like 45 minutes and since he was in work clothes? Well they figured he couldn't afford the new Toy right? Think again buckwheats, he went to another Toy dealer and had one in 15 minutes. Next day his wife called the first dealer and explained what had happened. Their response was.....we didn't even know he was here.

2. The way people are dressed nowadays doesn't have the same bearing on how they are and how they should be treated or received. We've seen it all through history.

On the other hand I would like to say if you need to dress nicely for some occasion Do yourself a favor and dress nicely. If you can that is, it will make you feel nice. Don't use it as reverse psychology on people who invented it.

:D

I definately take the scenic route along the way and make many stops to see friends along the way. They're spread all over ya know.

I'm immortalized on a cd jacket as "The Wanderer". Many branches and few roots, there's much to see and do.

From sea to shining sea and purple mountain majesties, I fly right through the rolling plains, that's the only tedious part. Oh and places like Ohio and the Midwest. Boring, too monotypical.

Yeah..... to homogeneous for a sad little man like you Mr Barron.

Stereotypes are perpetuated by the prejudiced egoistic types.

1. I have a family member, pretty wealthy but his job requires sweat and work clothes. Lunch he breaks from work to go buy his wife a new Toyota for her birthday. Guess what, he was there looking at cars for like 45 minutes and since he was in work clothes? Well they figured he couldn't afford the new Toy right? Think again buckwheats, he went to another Toy dealer and had one in 15 minutes. Next day his wife called the first dealer and explained what had happened. Their response was.....we didn't even know he was here.

2. The way people are dressed nowadays doesn't have the same bearing on how they are and how they should be treated or received. We've seen it all through history.

On the other hand I would like to say if you need to dress nicely for some occasion Do yourself a favor and dress nicely. If you can that is, it will make you feel nice. Don't use it as reverse psychology on people who invented it.

:D

Being stereotyped has more to do with behavior than how one dresses. Limiting it to clothes is just touching the edge. You'll notice my post, which you used as the basis of your example, mentioned nothing about clothing.

Being stereotyped has more to do with behavior than how one dresses. Limiting it to clothes is just touching the edge. You'll notice my post, which you used as the basis of your example, mentioned nothing about clothing.

I didn't put limitations on stereotypes. If people didn't create the stigma and pigeonhole (just like you did) to begin with, well then they wouldn't exist now would they?

I didn't create any stigma by mentioning stereotypes wouldn't exist if people didn't live up to them. The reason that stereotypes exist is because enough people have behaved in a similar way that makes it possible to catagorize them. It doesn't have to be a bad thing, not all stereotypes are negative. The only people attaching stigma to stereotying is people like you who assume it has to be a negative thing. For example I've played guitar for 32 years, some of the things I do are stereotypical behavior for a guitarist. If someone pointed it out I wouldn't need to call the morality police or anything.

BTW I've also been in the car biz since 1992 and your story was way off base. The salespeople at the Toyota stores probably didn't see your 'family member'. Car salesman are like sharks and we don't care how you are dressed. You could roll up on the lot pushing a grocery cart full of trash and we will run out and try to sell you something. There's another example of stereotypical behavior for you. But yeah believe it, looks and clothing don't mean jack to a car salesman. We are going to hump your leg until you buy something or leave.

PS I'm not trying to be negative here and I'm not sure why you chose my one sentence post to use for your example but it's all good. I'm not trying to be difficult here. Have a good one.

Archived