anyone else afraid?

purdieshuffle

Anyone give any thought that this whole jimmy, jpj, and jason thing may just wither away without ever coming to fruition.....I wouldn't be happy, but I could see it happening. Especially since it seems like the three of them are pretty disappointed that the tour is not going to happen the way they had originally hoped for.....thoughts?

Anyone give any thought that this whole jimmy, jpj, and jason thing may just wither away without ever coming to fruition.....I wouldn't be happy, but I could see it happening. Especially since it seems like the three of them are pretty disappointed that the tour is not going to happen the way they had originally hoped for.....thoughts?

Yes :unsure:

Well I've had tickets in my hand to see Zeppelin once and 3 days before show time they

cancelled. So I will believe it when I stumble from the venue after the show is over LOL

I hear ya on that....ughhh! I was fortunate enough to see Page/Plant a couple of times so at least i've got something....

Really want to see JPJ and Jason as well but not holding my breath.

:) No question in my mind, the wheels are in motion.

So many issues to be worked out though - other band member(s), setlist, venues, support bands and a thousand other tiny details.

Jimmy, Jonesy (and of course Jason) are determined now, I feel it - just a question of time. B)

Believe me, I sure want to say that your correct and hope that you are. It's been a long year of speculation and hope. Not sure I want to have another year like it in 09 :D

Believe me, I sure want to say that your correct and hope that you are. It's been a long year of speculation and hope. Not sure I want to have another year like it in 09 :D

:beer: Here's to that. It's what we're all thinking, IMO.

Robert has proved for the last 28 years that there is life after Zeppelin. Jimmy and Jonesy will now show that there is life after Robert - otherwise it will be perceived that Robert totally held the key to Zeppelin, and was capable of killing it off.

And Robert has always stayed fresh by seeking out new projects. If and when the Js come up with something new, it will of course grab Robert's interest - and that could well bring him in from the cold.

I think something will happen, JPJ has already said that things are in motion earlier in the year, and things like the Foo Fighters gig, the closing ceremony of the olympics and the Stephen Tyler jam show that Jimmy and JPJ have been active.

Also the band havent got a history of announcing things very early, the O2 show was only announced in September with the actual gig originally being scheduled for November.

Part of it possibly is theyre having difficulty finding a singer in that they're spoilt for choice. After all Myles Kennedy is the only one we "know" about. Velvet Revolver split with Scott Weiland in April and still no news of a lead singer from them, these things take time. I also think that they may have been taking things slow until Robert was 110% sure he didnt want to be part of anything.

I think all the signs are pointing to something happening with this new band. Whether '09 will be the year, who knows? Could be '10 or '11. Hopefully it will be '09, even if its only a one of gig to start things off. Also, its unknown whether they will record then tour or vice versa. If theyre recording first could be a while before a tour.

Things could of course fizzle out and numerous Zeppelin reunion plans have over the years...

I think something will happen, JPJ has already said that things are in motion earlier in the year, and things like the Foo Fighters gig, the closing ceremony of the olympics and the Stephen Tyler jam show that Jimmy and JPJ have been active.

Also the band havent got a history of announcing things very early, the O2 show was only announced in September with the actual gig originally being scheduled for November.

Part of it possibly is theyre having difficulty finding a singer in that they're spoilt for choice. After all Myles Kennedy is the only one we "know" about. Velvet Revolver split with Scott Weiland in April and still no news of a lead singer from them, these things take time. I also think that they may have been taking things slow until Robert was 110% sure he didnt want to be part of anything.

I think all the signs are pointing to something happening with this new band. Whether '09 will be the year, who knows? Could be '10 or '11. Hopefully it will be '09, even if its only a one of gig to start things off. Also, its unknown whether they will record then tour or vice versa. If theyre recording first could be a while before a tour.

Things could of course fizzle out and numerous Zeppelin reunion plans have over the years...

Except what they're planning isn't a Zep reunion - it's a new project as yet to be named.

Without RP, it's not Zep anyway, so if it doesn't happen it's no big deal to me.

Without RP its true it isnt Zeppelin, but surely a band featuring three of the finest musicians is a very exciting prospect. There are other examples when a 'new' band featuring multiple members from another band has worked very well indeed. A few examples being Audioslave, Velvet Revolver and Alter Bridge.

hopefully it will and they will get proper jobs

Without RP its true it isnt Zeppelin, but surely a band featuring three of the finest musicians is a very exciting prospect. There are other examples when a 'new' band featuring multiple members from another band has worked very well indeed. A few examples being Audioslave, Velvet Revolver and Alter Bridge.

...a valid point

Dangone-it!!

Things are so complicated now planning tours, all the periphery of lawyers and support, I long for the old days when a band just hit the circuit. The Chitlin' Circuit for instance.

Kind of like how the Blues Brothers just showed up at the Honky Tonk, took the stage and started playing. The management thought they were the band they booked. :lol:

Wouldn't it be fun if the 3 J's did that? Just came to some local club, set up and started playing !

:thumbsup:

Hi. Oh, I don't know. If their happiness depends on that tour, then I guess they should tour under a new name, but personally I don't really need that for myself. We already have their music, and without Plant the group chemistry would lack much of it's most precious essence. On the other hand, if the band waits for Plant and then does a small tour together, well that would really be something special. But the only thing that really might worry me, would be if I suspected they were unhappy and Jimmy and Robert had lost their bond.

Hi. Oh, I don't know. If their happiness depends on that tour, then I guess they should tour under a new name, but personally I don't really need that for myself. We already have their music, and without Plant the group chemistry would lack much of it's most precious essence. On the other hand, if the band waits for Plant and then does a small tour together, well that would really be something special. But the only thing that really might worry me, would be if I suspected they were unhappy and Jimmy and Robert had lost their bond.

Hi and welcome on the board. :wave:

I think "afraid" is not exactly the word. They are musicians, if they feel like going out and making some new music, just let them follow their muse, like Robert has always did. True it won't be Zeppelin, but I think if their hearts are really in it, something interesting will come out.

I'm not worried about Jimmy and Robert losing their bond. As Robert himself has said, Jimmy is very supportive of what Robert is doing, and I believe it will be the same if Jimmy goes on with new music, even better than a reunion with all old stuff.

Archived