VH1-Greatest Hard Rock Songs

Melanie_72

Kashmir's #21!!! :yay:

WLL must be number 1 for list to have any credibility. Also kind of funny there playing Rock n Roll for bumper music when its supposedly not on list.

Edited by ADOC

Tonight on VH1, they will start airing the "100 Greatest Songs of Hard Rock" starting at 10pm ET. I know at least "Whole Lotta Love" makes the cut because in the commercial, Ozzy Osborne was making the sound that Jimmy does with his guitar during the song, LOL!! I just wonder how many more Zep songs will make the list because we know they have lots of great ones! Tonight it starts airing songs 100-81, Tues, night 80-61, Wed. 60-41, Thurs., 40-21 and then concludes Friday night with 20-1. I am going to stay tuned that's for sure! B)

How's it going "Melanie_72" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I'm still enjoying my four-day weekend. I can't believe that THE RUNAWAYS are the only female hard rock band that made the Top 100 Hard Rock Songs of All-Time list. And lets not forget Lita Ford and Joan Jett, BOTH successful solo alumni from THE RUNAWAYS. THE RUNAWAYS truly knew how to kick ass for an all out female Hard Rock group. Has there been a thread written about THE RUNAWAYS? If not, either you or I should write this thread "Melanie_72." What do you say? ROCK ON!

How's it going "Melanie_72" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I'm still enjoying my four-day weekend. I can't believe that THE RUNAWAYS are the only female hard rock band that made the Top 100 Hard Rock Songs of All-Time list. And lets not forget Lita Ford and Joan Jett, BOTH successful solo alumni from THE RUNAWAYS. THE RUNAWAYS truly knew how to kick ass for an all out female Hard Rock group. Has there been a thread written about THE RUNAWAYS? If not, either you or I should write this thread "Melanie_72." What do you say? ROCK ON!

Hey, yes I know what you mean about the Runaways, they were something else, weren't they? I am only familiar with the song "Cherry Bomb" though but have heard a little bit of how they were back in the day from some of these countdowns. I think Joan Jett is producing a movie about them. I will have to check it out. I haven't seen a thread written about them on this board. I agree, Lita Ford and Joan Jett kick ass!! There ain't nothing fake about them that's for sure.

I thought it was funny that they were talking about Whitesnake and David Coverdale said, you know we sold 100 million albums - I don't think that was totally because of my hair back then :lol:

I saw that too. That was funny! He did have some big hair. LOL. I must admit I do like a couple of their songs though.

Edited by Melanie_72

How did ACDC beat Zeppelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

this is Hard Rock countdown, what they define that as, I dont know but when I think of hard rock I dont think of Zeppelin, I think of AC/DC, Sabbath, Metallica, etc. None of which I like even close to as much as Zeppelin, many of these songs were considered metal. I dont think any of it is easily defined. And remember, people voted.

I think its appropriate.

Edited by EzyEric

Tonight on VH1, they will start airing the "100 Greatest Songs of Hard Rock" starting at 10pm ET. I know at least "Whole Lotta Love" makes the cut because in the commercial, Ozzy Osborne was making the sound that Jimmy does with his guitar during the song, LOL!! I just wonder how many more Zep songs will make the list because we know they have lots of great ones! Tonight it starts airing songs 100-81, Tues, night 80-61, Wed. 60-41, Thurs., 40-21 and then concludes Friday night with 20-1. I am going to stay tuned that's for sure! B)

How's it going "Melanie_72?" I'm over here at my local bar down the street and am using my friend's computer in his office. I just saw the Top 20 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs ever on TV here at the bar and I was TOTALLY disappointed! Here are the Top 20 all-time Greatest Hard Rock Songs ever as follows:

(1.) GUNS N' ROSES - Welcome To The Jungle

(2.) AC/DC - Back In Black

(3.) LED ZEPPELIN - Whole Lotta Love

(4.) BLACK SABBATH - Paranoid

(5.) METALLICA - Enter Sandman

(6.) THE WHO - Won't Get Fooled Again

(7.) NIRVANA - Smells Like Teen Spirit

(8.) AEROSMITH - Walk This Way

(9.) VAN HALEN - Runnin' With The Devil

(10.) MOTORHEAD - Ace Of Spades

(11.) DEEP PURPLE - Smoke On The Water

(12.) JUDAS PRIEST - Breaking The Law

(13.) DEF LEPPARD - Photograph

(14.) IRON MAIDEN - Run To The Hills

(15.) MOTLEY CRUE - Dr. Feelgood

(16.) KISS - I Wanna Rock n' Roll All night (And Party Everyday)

(17.) TWISTED SISTER - I Wanna Rock

(18.) SCORPIONS - Rock You Like A Hurricane

(19.) RUSH - Tom Sawyer

(20.) BON JOVI - You Give Love A Bad Name

In my opinion, some of these songs do not deserve to be in the Top 20. However, these bands do deserve a place in the Top 100. Please do not get me wrong, I do love all of these bands and their songs but I truly felt that THE BEATLES' songs such as Revolution and Helter Skelter should have made the Top 3. The Top 3 in my opinion should have been:

(1.) LED ZEPPELIN - Whole Lotta Love

(2.) THE BEATLES - Helter Skelter

(3.) BLACK SABBATH - Paranoid

Thats just my opinion, how do all of you feel? ROCK ON!

As much as I like the Beatles, I don't quite see them fitting into a hard rock countdown even though the songs you mentioned ZFF are "harder" than some of their other songs.

Yeh- my mom was mad cause there wasnt any Beatles & I tried to convince her that they werent "hard rock"

I tried...

Yeh- my mom was mad cause there wasnt any Beatles & I tried to convince her that they werent "hard rock"

I tried...

How's it going "ms_zeppelin94?" You have to admit, your Mom and I do have a point. Helter Skelter has been voted in some polls as being a pioneer in Hard Rock music. Helter Skelter was released in 1968 shortly before LED ZEPPELIN and BLACK SABBATH came on the music scene in 1968-1969. I am still in shock that TWISTED SISTER made the Top 20 and not THE BEATLES. ROCK ON!

How's it going "ms_zeppelin94?" You have to admit, your Mom and I do have a point. Helter Skelter has been voted in some polls as being a pioneer in Hard Rock music. Helter Skelter was released in 1968 shortly before LED ZEPPELIN and BLACK SABBATH came on the music scene in 1968-1969. I am still in shock that TWISTED SISTER made the Top 20 and not THE BEATLES. ROCK ON!

Twisted Sister is very much hard rock though.