The Inauguration of Pres. Barack Obama

Robert's Plant

Tradition, you fool. The President and First Lady always dance for about a minute at each of the balls they attend that night. Same for the Vice-President and his wife. Why don't you research that instead of spouting off about stuff you don't know about.

Well i think they should end that tradition. It looked silly. It's not the time for romantic things. He has a lot more important things he should be worrying about. With all the troubles that are out there. They are on tv slow dancing with a celebrity singing to them. It just seemed wrong. How do you think some folks who are unemployed feel seeing all that nonsense. How many balls did they have? 5 or 6? Come on.

Well i think they should end that tradition. It looked silly. It's not the time for romantic things. He has a lot more important things he should be worrying about. With all the troubles that are out there. They are on tv slow dancing with a celebrity singing to them. It just seemed wrong. How do you think some folks who are unemployed feel seeing all that nonsense. How many balls did they have? 5 or 6? Come on.

:slapface:

Just leave please

:slapface:

Just leave please

I am allowed to contribute my opinions on the inauguration/balls. Just don't interact with me if you are not interested. I was just talking about what i didn't about the coverage of the events and what was done. Go back to talking about those other things you were tlaking about with the other posters.

Edited by spats

Why would they get rid of a traditioin like that? God forbid they have a dance at a ball :rolleyes:

And about your comment: "He has a lot more important things he should be worrying about."

Yeah, he does. But it was his first day in office, he's already been working his ass off. Congress wasn't meeting or anything, so there wasn't going to be any suggested legislation to pass, his Cabinet wasn't working so he had nothing to do with them, and most of D.C. was there for him, nothing else. It was his first day, and that's the time to celebrate. He's already back to work, so lay off. One day of ballroom dancing isn't going to make the century-old American problems any worse than they already are

You're not an American, why do you care what our President and our First Lady do during their Inaugural balls? None of it effects you in any way. The only way I could see you bitching is if during their first dance, Obama calls for our military to drop nukes on Ottawa. Other than that, you don't know what you're talking about so stop talking about it.

Edited by Electrophile

You're not an American, why do you care what our President and our First Lady do during their Inaugural balls? None of it effects you in any way. The only way I could see you bitching is if during their first dance, Obama calls for our military to drop nukes on Ottawa. Other than that, you don't know what you're talking about so stop talking about it.

Not by the actual balls but i am allowed to comment on it. Them slow dancing and whispering sweet stuff in each others ears does not affect you either. But you would comment on something about it if you wanted to.

You don't get it. They are balls. You dance at balls. It is tradition and has been for many, many decades for the President, Vice-President and their wives to attend about 10 of them and dance for about 1 minute at the start. Obama said a few words and then off they went.

It's frivolity, it's joy, it's a time for celebration. That's what a ball is. It's not serious. You're acting personally offended that the Obamas danced together and GASP! looked like they loved each other. How dare they.

You don't get it. They are balls. You dance at balls. It is tradition and has been for many, many decades for the President, Vice-President and their wives to attend about 10 of them and dance for about 1 minute at the start. Obama said a few words and then off they went.

It's frivolity, it's joy, it's a time for celebration. That's what a ball is. It's not serious. You're acting personally offended that the Obamas danced together and GASP! looked like they loved each other. How dare they.

Come on Elizabeth I was just commenting on something i find silly and stupid. we don't have to argue about it. If you like that routine they do fine.

I think it is too. You are not talking to a pro Canadian here. :D

What don't you like about being Canadian?

Oh I see you're an amateur Canadian.

Know wonder you can't get laid.

Edited by Babs

That must have been amazing!!!

it TRULY was! The crowd was so diverse, and yet everyone got along perfectly because everyone knew that we were all there for the same reason... there wasn't any fighting between whites/blacks/asians/hispanics... it was just pure happiness.

There was even a russian guy that i ran into :-P hahaha. and a Swede, but Russians are more peculiar to find enjoying America's politics.

People I know who are out of work had NO issue with something that has been a tradition in our country for years. I have no issues with it, never have.

Do you ever have anything not critical or whining to say about anything? :rolleyes:

People I know who are out of work had NO issue with something that has been a tradition in our country for years. I have no issues with it, never have.

Do you ever have anything not critical or whining to say about anything? :rolleyes:

And it's never about a policy or law or something. It's always an absolute non-issue, like a ball :rolleyes:

This is why the Obama administration should ask for the $138 million back from Bank of America after the merger with Merrill Lynch. The $1.22 Million to redecorate John Thain''s office at Merrill Lynch in lower Manhattan should come out of Thain's severance package. Merrill Lynch should have known better especially when they were in financial crisis back.

John Thain's, former CEO, Merrill Lynch Top 16 Outrages:

1) $2,700 for six wall sconces.

2) $5,000 for a mirror in his private dining room.

3) $11,000 for fabric for a "Roman Shade.”

4) $13,000 for a chandelier in the private dining room.

5) $15,000 for a sofa.

6) $16,000 for a "custom coffee table.”

7) $18,000 for a “George IV Desk.”

8) $25,000 for a "mahogany pedestal table.”

9) $28,000 for four pairs of curtains.

10) $35,000 for something called a "commode on legs.”

11) $37,000 for six chairs in his private dining room.

12) $68,000 for a "19th Century Credenza" in his office.

13) $87,000 for a pair of guest chairs.

14) $87,000 for an area rug in Thain's conference room and another area rug for $44,000.

15) $230,000 to his driver for one year’s work.

16) $800,000 to hire celebrity designer Michael Smith, who is currently redesigning the White House for the Obama family for just $100,000.

You can read the article at:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-sto...hn-thains-87000