The Inauguration of Pres. Barack Obama

Robert's Plant

Watched from hotel room in the South as history unfolds...first the graceful concession speech of Senator John McCain, then the victory speech of the elected President. It made you shed a tear or two, even if I don't share the history of his forefathers before him. From the emancipation of the 1800s, Bluegrass, and the roots of Rock and Roll, Martin Luther King, Rodney King, this historical event chokes me a little. He inherits such a big mess left by the Republicans, but he knows he is being watched, not because he has made history but because we have faith in him.

As you celebrate I hope you check out chocolate martini at Olive Gardens, it's realllly good. Cheers.

If it means eliminating Bush from office, I'm happy with the outcome. I just sat through his "Farewell Address" and kept shouting at the screen. After 8 years of "dumbing us down," I hope Obama has the audacity to speak to us like the adults were are.

Aside from the historical relevance, which is massive to say the least...i see this as a time of "hope" for our country to recover and have a brighter future. I believe our new leader and his partner (Joe Biden of course) truly want to get our country back to the great land we used to be. I am confident they will make great progress despite the terrible mess left behind.

I have a friend who is going to the Inauguration. I look forward to her report on the event.

Aside from the historical relevance, which is massive to say the least...i see this as a time of "hope" for our country to recover and have a brighter future. I believe our new leader and his partner (Joe Biden of course) truly want to get our country back to the great land we used to be. I am confident they will make great progress despite the terrible mess left behind.

I have a friend who is going to the Inauguration. I look forward to her report on the event.

I'm optimistic things will get better. I do believe Obama is committed to making much needed changes. He has indeed inherited a huge mess and it's going to take time for him to dig through it, much like when Clinton took office.

Yeah that would be cool!

Yeah that would be cool!

My friend has a huge crush on Obama, she blushes when we tell her so! Anyway, she has an old boyfriend who works for the Secret Service in D.C. so he is supposed to be getting tickets!

and to ninelives, i agree with you!

Watched from hotel room in the South as history unfolds...first the graceful concession speech of Senator John McCain, then the victory speech of the elected President. It made you shed a tear or two, even if I don't share the history of his forefathers before him. From the emancipation of the 1800s, Bluegrass, and the roots of Rock and Roll, Martin Luther King, Rodney King, this historical event chokes me a little. He inherits such a big mess left by the Republicans, but he knows he is being watched, not because he has made history but because we have faith in him.

:cheer::yay::cheer:

My youngest son, a sophomore at Ohio State, is going to the inauguration with a group of about 50 Ohio State students who are in "The John Glenn School of Public Affairs". They are leaving Ohio by bus at 7 AM on Saturday. Their schedule is brutal. On Monday, Martin Luther King Day, they are going to do a service project in the DC area, which has yet to be revealed. They are leaving their hotel at 3 AM on Tuesday morning to go to the parade route. Then they are meeting with Washington, DC politicos from Ohio before returning home.

They will not be back to Ohio State until 3 AM Wednesday. :zzz:

You're kidding.

He is actually going to put his hand on a bible. Dear God, the libs are going to lynch him.

No, the libs will be happy - the conservatives will be jumping for joy. It shouldn't matter what a person's religion is. Same old, same old stupidity. :wall:

My youngest son, a sophomore at Ohio State, is going to the inauguration with a group of about 50 Ohio State students who are in "The John Glenn School of Public Affairs". They are leaving Ohio by bus at 7 AM on Saturday. Their schedule is brutal. On Monday, Martin Luther King Day, they are going to do a service project in the DC area, which has yet to be revealed. They are leaving their hotel at 3 AM on Tuesday morning to go to the parade route. Then they are meeting with Washington, DC politicos from Ohio before returning home.

They will not be back to Ohio State until 3 AM Wednesday. :zzz:

What an experience for him! Wish him an enjoyable time!!!!

Heard performing:

Alicia Keys, Mary J Blige, U2, Stevie Wonder, Faith Hill, Miley Cyrus (Kids show), and brace:

Metallicaaaaaaaaaa HOOOOOOOOOOOO~!

Heard performing:

Alicia Keys, Mary J Blige, U2, Stevie Wonder, Faith Hill, Miley Cyrus (Kids show), and brace:

He recently had third row seats at a Metallica concert in Columbus, so I don't think that it can be topped! :lol:

But he loves U2 and Steve Wonder and has never seen them live.

I don't know if his itinerary includes attending these performances, though. I will get the scoop when he gets back.

He recently had third row seats at a Metallica concert in Columbus, so I don't think that it can be topped! :lol:

But he loves U2 and Steve Wonder and has never seen them live.

I don't know if his itinerary includes attending these performances, though. I will get the scoop when he gets back.

LOL. Not officially I don't think so. ;) But would love to hear his feedback! :)

You're kidding.

He is actually going to put his hand on a bible. Dear God, the libs are going to lynch him.

This is the dumbest piece of fecal spew you've given us yet. 1) Why would anyone "lynch" him (nice backdoor racist terminology, BTW) for putting his hand on the Bible and 2) Why should anyone give a rat's ass? And it's not just any Bible, it's the Lincoln Bible. That's historical. It has meaning.

As an Illinoisan, I'm proud that both these men represent my state, I can only hope that the latter has the legacy of the former, minus the tragic end.

This is the dumbest piece of fecal spew you've given us yet. 1) Why would anyone "lynch" him (nice backdoor racist terminology, BTW) for putting his hand on the Bible and 2) Why should anyone give a rat's ass? And it's not just any Bible, it's the Lincoln Bible. That's historical. It has meaning.

As an Illinoisan, I'm proud that both these men represent my state, I can only hope that the latter has the legacy of the former, minus the tragic end.

:goodpost:

That random spiel had a point? What, does he think liberals are godless atheists and detest any and all things religious? Because otherwise, I can't see any reason for him to say that "liberals" would have a problem with Obama swearing the oath of office on a Bible.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't care what Obama uses to take the oath of office. He could swear on a stack of Playboys for all I care, what matters is whether he actually follows what he's saying. And that has nothing to do with the choice of religious/nonreligious text his wife will be holding.

Heard performing:

Bruce Springsteen is going to be performing at the Inauguration (certainly won't be the same as a Springsteen "concert" but it's damn cool) and Beyonce is said to be opening (not a fan, but that's cool, too). One of my favorite actors will be giving a speech, (Denzel Washington)!

Archived