Pittsburgh Wins SUPERBOWL

The Pagemeister

The cream alway's rises to the top.

STEELERS 1ST TO GET 6 RINGS!

Pretty amazing and what a finish to the game. I can see where this thread is heading. Some good ole bashing by the Steelers fans. I'm a Giants fan and we didn't make it, but at least we won last year. Wasn't meant to be.

the msot overrated QB of all time Ben Roethlisberger. But again, good game. Props to Mike Tomlin
:slapface::slapface:

NFL Records

Most Regular Season Wins in a Season, Rookie QB - 13 (2004) [54]

Longest regular season win streak to start a career for a NFL QB - 15 games (won all 13 starts in the 2004 season, won first 2 games of the 2005 season)[55]

Highest Passer Rating, Rookie Season - 98.1 (2004)[56]

Highest Completion %, Rookie Season - 66.4% (2004)[57]

(Tie) Most Touchdown Passes, Monday Night Football game - 5 (11/5/2007 vs. Baltimore Ravens) [58]

First QB to start two Conference Championship games in first two seasons in the NFL (2004 & 2005)[59]

Youngest starting QB ever to win the Super Bowl (2005; 2nd youngest QB to play in the Super Bowl behind Dan Marino)[60]

Second youngest Quarterback to win 2 Super Bowls [61]

Roethlisberger became the second quarterback in NFL history, along with Peyton Manning, to register 3 perfect passing games during the regular season and only quarterback to ever register 2 perfect passing games in one regular season. [62]

Lowest passer rating for a Super Bowl winning QB - 22.6 (Completed 9 of 21 passes for 0 touchdowns, with 2 interceptions)[63]

Most wins as a starting quarterback in first 5 NFL seasons - 52 (from 2004-2008)[64]

Tied for most seasons with one or more postseason starts in first 5 years in the league since 1960 with 4 starts (tied w/ Bernie Kosar, Neil O'Donnell, Donovan McNabb, and Eli Manning).[65]

Pittsburgh Steeler Franchise Records

In 5 seasons Roethlisberger has many individual accomplishments that are record performances in Steelers' history[66][67]

Career Records

58-22 (.725) record as starting QB (includes a 7-2 playoff record)

.725 winning percentage is the highest among all Steeler QB's with at least 20 starts

Highest Passer Rating (Min. 100 attempts) - 89.4

Highest Completion % (Min. 100 attempts) - 62.4%

Highest Yards Per Attempt (Min. 100 attempts) - 7.86

Most 300+ Yard Passing Games - 7

(Tie) Most 400+ Yard Passing Games - 1 (tied w/Bobby Layne and Tommy Maddox)

Most 3000 Yard Passing Seasons - 3

Most Consecutive 3000 Yard Passing Season - 3 (2006-2008)

Most Consecutive Games With a TD Pass - 15 (from December 3, 2006 through November 18, 2007)

Most Games With a Perfect Passer Rating - 3

Largest contract in Steelers history (8 yr, $102 million)[68]

Season Records

Highest Completion % - 66.4% (2004)

Most Touchdown Passes - 32 (2007)

Highest TD% - 7.92% (2007)

Highest Yards Per Attempt - 8.90 (2005)

Highest Passer Rating - 104.1 (2007)

Single-Game Records

Most Pass Completions - 38 (Completed 38 of 54 passes for 433 yards on November 5, 2006 against the Denver Broncos)

(Tie) Most Consecutive Passes Completed, Single Game - 15 (Completed 15 straight on November 26, 2007 against the Miami Dolphins on Monday Night Football. Bubby Brister also completed 15 straight on October 1, 1989 against the Detroit Lions)

Highest Completion %, Game (Min. 20 attempts) - 85.7% (Completed 18 out of 21 attempts on November 26, 2007 against the Miami Dolphins on Monday Night Football)

(Tie) Most Touchdown Passes, Game - 5 (Threw 5 TD passes in the first half against the Baltimore Ravens on a Monday Night game November 5, 2007. Tied w/Terry Bradshaw and Mark Malone) [69]

Rookie Records (achieved during 2004 season)

Most Pass Attempts - 295

Most Pass Completions - 196

Highest Completion % - 66.4%

Most Passing Yards - 2621

Most Touchdown Passes - 17

Highest Yards Per Attempt - 8.88

Highest Passer Rating - 98.1

Wins as starting QB - 13

Postseason Records

Highest Completion % (Min. 50 attempts) - 60.9%

Highest Passer Rating - 86.5

I could go on and on but you are already owned.... :D:D

Owned? Gimme a break, far from it

Big Ben is running a run-first offense which takes pressure off of him when he deicdes to throw, has a phenomenal offensive line so he has all day to throw, and let's not forget his dual-threats Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes. Oh, and a big Tight End named Heath Miller who's incredibly hard to defend.

Overrated.

He doesn't have near the passing skill that Favrre had, that Peyton Manning does, that Joe Montana had, that Dan Marino had, that Jim Kelly had, the list goes on and on but you're already owned so I'll stop there :rolleyes:

Do you mean trading the number one pick for established players? Or trading for lets say two picks in the first round? I dont know who is available to be quite honest? But its tough to pass up number one unless you get established vets or two first rounders or its a bad year for the draft?
I'd say trade it for other draft picks. We need to build from the ground up.

If we were 4-12 or 2-14 or something....or if last year's disaster was just a one-time aberration, I would feel very comfortable with the Lions taking QB Mathew Stafford from Georgia with the first pick. We've only needed a QB since I was born. :slapface: But when you go 0-16, it is time to get back to the basics of football, and that means getting some honchos in the trenches. That's not going to make a lot of people in town very happy, because I honestly believe that Calvin Johnson has Larry Fitzgerald ability if we had someone who could throw. This team is along way from worrying about that though IMO. If somebody wants Stafford, and we can still get the mean 330lb. ogre from hell, we should make that trade. We have the 1st, 20th, and 33rd pick in the draft. We must make each of those picks count....and we have the "luxury" of taking the best player available at any position except wide receiver. This team is in such dire straits I would be tempted to use all three of those picks on defense.

Personally, I would like to see the Lions use one of those later picks on a Tight End. We haven't had a decent one since Charlie Sanders retired when I still in High School....a bunch of bums and cast-offs for 30 years.

Ernie Sims (who sucked this past year)

But why did he suck ? Because we traded Shawn Rogers to Cleveland, and he was the one keeping him free to make tackles. I saw Rogers get triple-teamed this year, and still batted down the pass. He's a one-man wrecking crew when he's motivated and in shape.

I dont know how good a defensive guy is available for the first pick. If there is any doubt, then you may be right, draft the best player, even if its a QB and trade him. But you must find out if there is a demand for him and if there are teams willing to pay the price. Otherwise you have wasted another pick. Defense is what Detroit needs badly. So if you can get three picks for the number one its worth it unless there is a great guy available to take at number one? The Bills have the 11th pick and my guess is they want a reciever and or pass rusher. Maybe they could make a deal with Detroit?

According to Mel Kiper, there are teams out there that will not be able to resist Stafford once he has a couple workouts and shows his stuff. Our offensive line blows ass too, so it doesn't really matter which side of the line we draft for. When you go 0-16, 4-12 shows major progress. It will take more than one good draft to solve this team's problems.

Believe it or not, after the mistakes of Charles Rogers and Mike Williams, we need another receiver. :slapface:

Actually Buffalo's defensive line is ok when Schoebel is in there. They lost him to injury early. We have Stroud and he did a good job and Kenny. We need another pass rusher but outside LB is the first thing they will address. One of ours was hurt in preseason, Crowell, and will be back. We have a solid secondary, I think one of the best. We need another reciever. Detroits biggest problem is stopping the run. Pass too, but if you cant stop the run at all, where are you going? They were pathetic on Turkey day. They make any running back look like Gale Sayers.

I called them 0-16 when they were 0-5. My friends were laughing at me....no one goes 0-16 ! I've never seen a defense even close to that bad. One of those early games I was actually sitting on the couch with my jaw down to my knees. I couldn't believe what I was watching.....yet in a twisted way I liked it and their misery drew me in. I was Lion-free for 4-5 years. I honestly couldn't take it anymore. :blink:

But why did he suck ? Because we traded Shawn Rogers to Cleveland, and he was the one keeping him free to make tackles. I saw Rogers get triple-teamed this year, and still batted down the pass. He's a one-man wrecking crew when he's motivated and in shape.

Ah, but therein lies the problem. He wasn't.

Archived