BLUES: what`s the better blues played by Zeppelin?

pictures

1 - since i`ve been loving you (III) - master voice, guitar with many technics and good solos, wonderful bass (at organ) and unbelieve`drums.

2 - tea for one (presence) - hypnotical drum groove... wonderful voice and good solos...

3 - I`gonna crawl (in trough the out door) - master voice and guitars

4 - I can`t quit you babe (coda) - everything good

5 - your time is gonna come (I) - voice and drum - a dream

6 - babe come on home (not edited at zep I) - what was that voice, sentimental, crying, loud... what a wonderful dinamic...

what do you thing about??????????????????

Jimmy's solo on I'm Gonna Crawl is a complete masterpiece - one of his best. But I think SIBLY and TFO are the best, because they are really strong compositions, and they show a really mature, independent take on the blues, whereas the blues numbers on the first couple of albums sound more like they are still trying to find their own way of dealing with that whole influence.... so to speak. :)

Jimmy's solo on I'm Gonna Crawl is a complete masterpiece - one of his best. But I think SIBLY and TFO are the best, because they are really strong compositions, and they show a really mature, independent take on the blues, whereas the blues numbers on the first couple of albums sound more like they are still trying to find their own way of dealing with that whole influence.... so to speak. :)

I agree that I'm Gonna Crawl may not be tops as far as their blues compositions but there's still something about it - last studio album, last song on the second side, the lyrics etc. that just "get" me every time.

Bring It On Home :D

Hi Rover,

This has gotta be the easiest and best 12 bar blues zepp ever did, every time I play it someone says "thats 12 bar blues, cant you play something harder" and I say "Yes" and just carry on playing. Being easy takes nothing away from its feeling.

Regards, Danny

• 2 weeks later...

A good high-energy blues is my absolute favorite style of music, and Zep were the masters of that, so this is a tough one. And high-energy doesn't necessarily mean fast; Zep's slow blues songs are just as awesome as their faster ones.

Something not mentioned yet is How Many More Times, a personal favorite of mine. That riff is earth-shattering. Not only the groove and the way it's played, but the absolutely perfect fuzzy tone from Page's guitar.

Isn't it strange how people just innately prefer certain musical structures over others? I've always liked any thing in blues time or compound meter at least a little more than the standard 4/4.

Edited by 5