Favorite short song?

nick2632

Out of all the studio Zeppelin songs what is everyone's favorite short song (under 3 minutes)? So you don't have to get out all your albums here's a list..

-Good Times Bad Times

-Black Mountain Side

-Communication Breakdown

-Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)

-Immigrant Song

-Bron-Yr-Aur

-Royal Orleans

My favorite is Communication Breakdown. Though Good Times Bad Times is extremely hard to beat!

I was going to add We're Gonna Groove off Coda, but it's a live track with overdubs so I decided not to. Zeppelin definitely wasn't a band that created a bunch of simple 2-3 minute songs, only 7 of their (I think) 84 songs they recorded in the studio.

Bron-Yr-Aur & Royal Orleans for me. BYA is a song Jimmy should have played more often live, I would have much preferred this over the 10 min of WS/BMS any day.

Royal Orleans is an overlooked gem and a very, very good song. The lyrics both paint a picture and are funny as hell; the arrangement is perfect, the drumming is totally different than anything Bonzo had ever done, and the song is just, well, perfect IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Bron-yr-Aur.

Someone mentioned this played live, but the few versions I heard The guitar just wasn't really in tune and Page didn't really play too

Smoothly, but there could be some good versions out there. Unlike WS/BMS , This song requires a constant rolling rhythm and should

Be played close to the studio version.

• 1 month later...

To me at least, From the very first instant Good times bad times is LZ's way of saying hello, we're led zeppelin, we are in charge from here on out, things will never be the same for you or for us.This is our calling card, So I will always come back to that song as sort of their unofficial 'Official' Brand song. I am not here to argue. I know people love to argue on forums, this is just the way I see it. Reasonable people can always disagree.

bron-yr-aur is beautiful and at that point in their career, they could just do whatever they felt like doing so long as it met their own expectations and standards.

Oh, it's definitely the quite lovely 'Bron Yr Aur'... when I heard it for the very first time in early August last year, it was nothing short of a revelation and I pretty much had it on a loop for the rest of the day if not week! When you listen to that little acoustic piece, it conjures feelings/images of the most beautiful English lass I've never met, in a rolling meadow I've never been to, on the most gloriously bright and sunny perfect day I've yet to experience...

Y'know what? I'm off to listen to it again...

Oh, it's definitely the quite lovely 'Bron Yr Aur'... when I heard it for the very first time in early August last year, it was nothing short of a revelation and I pretty much had it on a loop for the rest of the day if not week! When you listen to that little acoustic piece, it conjures feelings/images of the most beautiful English lass I've never met, in a rolling meadow I've never been to, on the most gloriously bright and sunny perfect day I've yet to experience...

Y'know what? I'm off to listen to it again...

Nice post! Makes me want to listen to the song again and find those "rolling meadows".

• 4 weeks later...

Archived