Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ZepHead315

1977 North American Tour - 40th Anniversary

131 posts in this topic

Just now, Strider said:

😮

The cover says they're Winston Remasters but I can confirm directly from Winston himself that he never released anything of those shows so I have to wonder

Just now, Sue Dounim said:

The cover says they're Winston Remasters but I can confirm directly from Winston himself that he never released anything of those shows so I have to wonder

I see. Hmmm...is Moonchild another Japanese company or from elsewhere?

Edited by Strider

15 minutes ago, Strider said:

I see. Hmmm...is Moonchild another Japanese company or from elsewhere?

I'm fairly certain they're Japanese and they've almost exclusively been making money off of Winston's work.

Back on topic, I gotta say I wish there was at least ONE above average recording from the earliest weeks of the April leg of the tour. Until Cleveland they all range from mediocre at best (Oklahoma, one of the sources for the third night in Chicago, Cincinnati, Louisville) to god-awful (all the other Chicago tapes and Atlanta). It kinda makes those shows mysterious in a way because despite the obvious rust the band was shaking off, you wanna get a full grasp on what they were doing and none of the tapes in circulation offer that.

4 hours ago, Sue Dounim said:

If Moonchild's releases of Copenhagen 1979 are what I think they are, you can.

Which date, or both? The 24th is an epic gig 

39 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Which date, or both? The 24th is an epic gig 

They sold both nights individually