Led Zeppelin Won't Release Comeback Concert DVD

Funny how Zeppelin were rehearsing for a couple months before the O2 show and nobody even knew about it. Nobody really believed it until it became official not long before the actual show.

Thats how these guys work, they really know how to keep things quite.

For all we know Page and Shirley could be working on the O2 DVD at this very moment.

48 tracks of digital audio and a state of the art video production.

They also have the full production rehearsal recorded to use for editing where needed.

Page must be dying to sink his teeth into this, how could he not, they played fucking great and it was a monumental performance.

Jimmy always had the marketing of the band in mind even in the early days. He's a bit like Steve Jobs of Apple: control freak with a golden touch.

Since the show was recorded with modern recording equipment, presumably of very high quality, I would imagine that a DVD could be 'slapped together' quite quickly. It's not like the footage has to be baked for several hours and fully remastered like they had to with the Led Zeppelin 'DVD' released in 2003.

I saw The Who in concert a while ago and they did a great thing where you could order a DVD and CD of the show you attended. You just went onto a website and selected the particular show you saw them at and they sent you a DVD. You only had to wait a couple of months after the concert and the DVD is of very high quality. All the money goes to charity as well!

When Jimmy states that 'it'll be a massive job to embark on' I hope he isn't intending to edit the shit out of it in an attempt cover over any mistakes and artificially enhance the performance. There really is no need, they're all a lot older now and I think we can understand if their technical abilities are not 100% perfect. I hoped it would be released in time for christmas this year and having not been lucky enough to attend the 02 concert I am very dissapointed.

Have you heard a quality audience recording of the 02 concert? They were phenominal and it was unedited.

They botched SIBLY, but other then that, it was a really, really great concert. They brought their A game...every single member.

I am looking forward to an official release of the 02 concert. I will have it on preorder as soon as I hear it's hitting the market.

An official release of the 02 Arena dvd is guarenteed to be a multi-platinum smash. What was new about the 02 Arena concert?! Let's not try to kid ourselves about this.

I agree Mr. Jones!!! It's a no brainer.

Look at the world respose when news of tickets for the 02 concert were going on sale?

But it's all "old news." What exactly was new at the O2? So they played For Your Life, what of it? Any future Zeppelin live releases will just be the past revisited and there's little mileage in that, the bootleggers have that area well covered for those who want it.

No one's forcing you to buy it.

You have issues man. :rolleyes:

Have you heard a quality audience recording of the 02 concert? They were phenominal and it was unedited.

They botched SIBLY, but other then that, it was a really, really great concert. They brought their A game...every single member.

I am looking forward to an official release of the 02 concert. I will have it on preorder as soon as I hear it's hitting the market.

I agree Mr. Jones!!! It's a no brainer.

Look at the world respose when news of tickets for the 02 concert were going on sale?

Do you mean they "messed up" on SIBLY or you "just didnt like it" ?

SIBLY was one ofthe most enjoyable songs of the evening for me, and I think they pretty much nailed it down the way they wanted to. And I like to believe that I know the ins and outs of that track pretty well.

No one's forcing you to buy it.

You have issues man. :rolleyes:

I have no issues whatsoever. I just happen to think there's a hell of a lot better material that could be released.

Here's a question, you can only have one answer, not two.

If you had the choice of Mr Page releasing:

(a) The O2 Reunion Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Performance

or

(B) Earls Court 1975, a compilation of all the best performances from the various nights in 5.1 with Blu Ray or HD picture quality.

Which would you choose?

Do you mean they "messed up" on SIBLY or you "just didnt like it" ?

SIBLY was one ofthe most enjoyable songs of the evening for me, and I think they pretty much nailed it down the way they wanted to. And I like to believe that I know the ins and outs of that track pretty well.

They messed it up a couple times. I think Jimmy messed it up. I donno if he lost his concentration or what.

I didn't say it was bad. It's just messed up in a couple places.

I have no issues whatsoever. I just happen to think there's a hell of a lot better material that could be released.

Here's a question, you can only have one answer, not two.

If you had the choice of Mr Page releasing:

(a) The O2 Reunion Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Performance

or

( B) Earls Court 1975, a compilation of all the best performances from the various nights in 5.1 with Blu Ray or HD picture quality.

Which would you choose?

Now there is a hard choice.

I want both.

I guess if I HAD to choose one, it would be Earls Court but there are virtues of both EC and 02.

I still want 02, and I'd gladly buy an official release.

Like I said, you don't have to buy it.

Seeing as it's not being released I won't have to worry about buying it will I? :D

SIBLY at the O2 was a bit clumsy, but the BIG trainwreck was in Dazed and Confused. It would take some industrial strength editing to make that worth releasing. Ouch.

Yes, D&C is pretty muched flubbed.

Either way, there is enough good stuff, even if they left out D&C.

and I'm confident they will release the reunion at some point in time. B) This comment here just means there is no rush on it.

That's my opinon.

When I see reliable sources flat out deny releasing it, I'll believe it.

But guitarist Jimmy Page said: "It was recorded - but we didn't go in with the express purpose of making a DVD
to come out at Christmas
, or whatever." Page said a future release "at some distant point" was remotely possible.

They messed it up a couple times. I think Jimmy messed it up. I donno if he lost his concentration or what.

I didn't say it was bad. It's just messed up in a couple places.

Now there is a hard choice.

I want both.

I guess if I HAD to choose one, it would be Earls Court but there are virtues of both EC and 02.

could you please elaborate where in the song?? Do you literally mean Jimmy messed it up, or did he just not play certain licks you wanted/expected?

I was there and I dont remember thinking any part of that song was a mess up. Plus I have a great audience recording on cd and I am listening to it right now and I still dont hear a mess up.

Are you refering to the low string bends at the line "everybody tryin to tell me that you didnt mean me no good"? Or the licks after "ive been working been working been workin.."? If you are, those arent mess ups -- Page just didnt play exactly what we expected.

could you please elaborate where in the song?? Do you literally mean Jimmy messed it up, or did he just not play certain licks you wanted/expected?

I was there and I dont remember thinking any part of that song was a mess up. Plus I have a great audience recording on cd and I am listening to it right now and I still dont hear a mess up.

Are you refering to the low string bends at the line "everybody tryin to tell me that you didnt mean me no good"? Or the licks after "ive been working been working been workin.."? If you are, those arent mess ups -- Page just didnt play exactly what we expected.

Since I've Been Loving you was a little... lax, but the biggest screw-up was Dazed. To my ears it's only Pagey who really loses it... from the harmonics at the start to the medicore solos and violin bow part. But then they held it together and the night was a fantastic one. Everything else was spot on.

Since I've Been Loving you was a little... lax, but the biggest screw-up was Dazed. To my ears it's only Pagey who really loses it... from the harmonics at the start to the medicore solos and violin bow part. But then they held it together and the night was a fantastic one. Everything else was spot on.

right ---- but tyedye was specifically talking about page messing up in SIBLY and I am arguing that he does not.

And I would argue with you that jason messed up dazed, NOT page!! B)

Zep are such teases, just think of the fans for once.

God, you weren't even born yet!

This kind of whining and finger pointing really pisses me off! I had tickets to the 80 US tour, which never happened and broke my heart on so many levels, and you don't see me levelling such accusations!

You mean just think of you. Born too late. So was I. Bummer. Sucks don't it? But you don't hear me bitching about it, and I have way more reason than you. I had a tour to look forward to, not a reunion 28 years later. I mourned John Bonham the day he died. You piss me off saying Jimmy, John Paul and Robert "owe" you something. They don't owe you you jack shit.

See my sig? See the guy on the right? That's John fucking Bonham. The heart of Led Zeppelin. You buy their albums and they "owe you"?

And they don't owe me a thing either!

See you at Plant/Krauss. And I'll be there when Jimmy comes back out. When Jonesy tours again, I'll be there.

Keep on bitching. I'll just keep watching my heroes make magic. :beer:

And saying they won't release it is dumb at this point. Maybe they won't release it now but they will release it at one point.

Not a chance.....There is no way LZ will release what was basically a sub-standard performance that would tarnish there legacy................Nostalgic the O2 gig may have been ..... but not worthy of an official release................. so keep dreaming people ...... i'll just stick with the boots....(8 audio + 3 DVD).......................

There is no way D&C would hold up in such an abbreviated form, even if it were played technically perfect.

Errrrr............Zep 1 album version 6 mins 26 seconds.......

right ---- but tyedye was specifically talking about page messing up in SIBLY and I am arguing that he does not.

And I would argue with you that jason messed up dazed, NOT page!! B)

Messing up.. so what, i dont care if a musician throws a bum note or whatever... if you don't like "messing up" don't go to gigs. Just stay home and listen to the records.

Messing up.. so what, i dont care if a musician throws a bum note or whatever... if you don't like "messing up" don't go to gigs. Just stay home and listen to the records.

john,

you need to read my posts more before assuming things like this.

thanks.

Archived