Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

^^Thank you so much for the song and city location breakdown!

Edited by luvlz2

On 3/12/2017 at 4:14 AM, SteveAJones said:

EDITED: Only two, Cleveland and Dayton, however neither was broadcast in it's entirety. 

https://www.discogs.com/Jimmy-Page-Superstar-Concert-Series/release/6971367

On 3/17/2017 at 7:17 PM, luvlz2 said:

Thanks for the pointer (link). Ordered and waiting on it!  :)

Just got it today and just got done listening to it, Albums are in pristine shape. Sounds incredible! Steve, do you have any pictures from the Dayton or Cleveland concerts you could post? Thanks for the pictures from The Ritz in NYC in the previous post!

Edited by luvlz2

Posted (edited)

Coming up on the 30th anniversary of Outrider released June 19,1988. Unless you had a cassette player and were attentive listening to the radio and recording Outrider specials/songs when aired, you would have to wait for the album to hit record store shelves, no youtube instant play back then. Still would absolutely love an expanded box set with a show from the tour.

Edited by luvlz2

I like to think of Outrider as "Presence Pt.2". It has a similar production and feel. And I don't listen to it much.

4 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Coming up on the 30th anniversary of Outrider released June 19,1988. Unless you had a cassette player and were attentive listening to the radio and recording Outrider specials/songs when aired, you would have to wait for the album to hit record store shelves, no youtube instant play back then. Still would absolutely love an expanded box set with a show from the tour.

That would be a great idea (for JP to re-release an expanded Outrider set with live Westwood broadcast, dvd footage, extras) 

R😎🎸👍

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

I remember reading about Page being crestfallen when the original demos for Outrider were stolen from his home and it was originally intended to be a double album.

Were these demos ever recovered or did they ever surface on bootleg?

These demos could make an interesting Alt Outrider as part of any anniversary boxset.

I think demand for an Outrider re-release would be minimal however, and it would have to be a Page website only job, like DW 2.

Edited by Boleskinner

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

I remember reading about Page being crestfallen when the original demos for Outrider were stolen from his home and it was originally intended to be a double album.

Were these demos ever recovered or did they ever surface on bootleg?

These demos could make an interesting Alt Outrider as part of any anniversary boxset.

I think demand for an Outrider re-release would be minimal however, and it would have to be a Page website only job, like DW 2.

I agree with you about the demand for an Outrider re-release probably being minimal at this point, would be nice for some of us diehards though. I've believe the demos surfaced on bootleg, there is one track floating around on youtube called Judas Touch.

Edited by luvlz2