VAN HALEN!

Toronto Zeppelin

^^^No harm, no foul, Walter. I'm glad you got a less expensive ticket and I'm sure it'll be a fun time for the Walter family...provided it doesn't rain. Will this be Junior's first time seeing VH?

Of course no harm, no foul. I really enjoy your input when it comes to VH - you, once again, were at the right place at the right time seeing another legendary band in their prime. Doesn't matter if it rains, there is cover where we will be. It's a very high ceiling, so the wind blows through there very well. You know, a modern day amphitheater. Not so lucky for the lawn seat sitters though and it's in September which is still the rainy season here. Walter Jr. will not be at this show. He's not a huge VH fan. I will take him the next time Plant comes around though. He has only seen U2 thus far, as concerts go. Thanks for posting the Greensboro show, I'll be checking that out soon!

:peace:

^^^As Deborah and I frequently say to each other, coming of age in the 70s was sweet. It also helped that we were both geographically fortunate...we both grew up in musically rich areas. Deborah in New Orleans and I in Southern California.

No thanks, i prefer to remember VH the way they were before shit hit the fan. 78 - 81

They're playin' here in Sept.

Front row center seats are going for $1436.00 a pop or $3,748.55 after taxes for two. Damn right they can kiss my ass.

Hahaha, you bastard! When I saw the tag "Full Concert" in your YouTube post, I thought "Holy shit! Someone has finally found the complete Oakland 1981 concert! Valhalla!"

Then I see the uploader mislabeled it...it's still only the same three songs that have been available since MTV aired them. Drats.

I did the same frikken thing when i saw " Full Concert" in the title.. I've searched hi and lo for that particular live show and so far no dice. Its out there and someones sitting on it. Oh well , c'est la vie.

This Baltimore show is Van Halen.

Edited by Wally Hood

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw Van Halen supporting Sabbath in Sheffield in 1978.

At one point, Edward Van Halen was alone on stage ripping up a storm with a guitar solo.

At the height of the storm, he ran towards the centre of the stage, dropped onto his knees and went sliding towards the front of the stage, holding the guitar up in front of him.

And that's when his lead came out and it all went deathly quiet!

Credit to the bloke, he just laughed it off - but that's one that really would've been worthy of Nigel Tufnel...

I saw Van Halen supporting Sabbath in Sheffield in 1978.

At one point, Edward Van Halen was alone on stage ripping up a storm with a guitar solo.

At the height of the storm, he ran towards the centre of the stage, dropped onto his knees and went sliding towards the front of the stage, holding the guitar up in front of him.

And that's when his lead came out and it all went deathly quiet!

Credit to the bloke, he just laughed it off - but that's one that really would've been worthy of Nigel Tufnel...

THAT is a very cool moment you witnessed, considering that Van Halen were still sort of an unknown at that point.

Wow.

One of the biggest regrets of my youth is passing up on Van Halen,Journey and Montrose in Tampa in 1978.

Me and a friend each had dates, and the four of us were sitting in the car trying to decide between a local keg party and driving a little over an hour or so to Tampa to see the VH concert.

I barely even remember the keg party, if it happened at all.

In fact, it may have actually ended up fizzling out before we even got there.

The shame burns deep still.

Eddie Van Halen on Surviving Addiction, Why He's Still Making Music and What He Really Thinks of David Lee Roth (and Other Past Van Halen Bandmates)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6605231/eddie-van-halen-addiction-david-lee-roth-touring

I cannot stop laughing over these comments from Grumpietrucker. :hysterical:

I wore out their first 2 records together. They were good. Not as edgy and clever as with Roth. But that wasn't all Sammy's fault. Eddie had decided he wanted to write tv show theme songs instead of rockers. Seriously, think about "Feels so Good", "Dreams", and "Finish What Ya Started."

You can almost picture a cheesy old sitcom like "Alice" or "Three's Company" as video accompaniment. Actually, "Dreams" would be perfect for "Alice" or maybe even "The Golden Girls." I can almost picture two women running into each other through a swinging kitchen door and then doing that old pause and grimace toward the camera like "What are you gonna do?" While their names appear next to their faces.

I'm quite sure Sammy didn't come in and say, "Ok, we're going to soften this up. More keyboards. And could you guys make it super cheesy (Ed starts playing the embarrassing "Feels So Good.") Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...really lame like that... now all we need is a box of Tampax and we're set for the tour."

Sammy made the best of what he was given.... often times, really tacky and lame keyboard cheese.

Edited by SteveAJones

Listening to DLR live on the Tokyo CD as well as the recent Kimmel stuff, I am wondering if he doesn't have some sort of breathing problem, like COPD, asthma, lung cancer, etc. He seems so winded so fast...I know he's an older man, but come on, it just sounds like he is always out of breath...

• 2 weeks later...