Scary, disturbing or strange things that have happened to you in your life.

Bonham

• 9 years later...

about 7 years ago i woke up to a strange smell in my apartment. went to the living room and there was a homeless man sleeping on the sofa. It scared the holly hell out of me and I called the police. The police said he climbed in through the kitchen window and had been arrested for the same thing before

I nearly died on a bicycle ride on Penang Island in Malaysia

We hired 2 bikes and all was going well until we got to the top of "Penang Hill". My brakes failed on the descent and as it twisted around the rocky hill I had to go round bends on the other side of the road. Thankfully no vehicles were on the other side as the other option was a 200ft drop to certain death.

I was wearing only shorts and a tee shirt and on my feet were a quid pair of "flip flops" . The only way I was going to stop was to put my feet down and hope the sandals held out because if they gave way I would have taken all the skin of my feet. By the grace of god they didn't snap and i got the bike under control. I nearly threw up as I got off. Very very scary.

Nasty car wreck 30 years ago.  Acute concussion, bruises and bleeding on the brain, and 9 surgeries in 3 years to put my Humpty ass back together again.  One of those subsequent surgeries involved 3 saline bags that were placed under my skin and slowly inflated over a period of 8 weeks to stretch out skin in order to cover some open wounds.  No long term effects from this incident, and it's hard for me from today's perspective to even imagine I went through this episode.  The one thing I'll always remember though is how fragile yet strong the human body can be when it comes to the healing process.  It changes you forever.       

• 4 years later...

This was in the early 90s a bobcat coming right up to the passenger side door of my friend's 4 cylinder toyota pickup when I was the passenger. It was in the evening and we had driven to a place in the north phoenix area that overlooked the city. It was in the evening and you could see all the lights of the city from the view. We were listening to tunes enjoying the view and all of a sudden the bobcat comes up to my side and growls at us and my friend yelled to roll up the window and I did and we got out of there!

Edited by luvlz2

On 12/30/2017 at 11:16 AM, Bong-Man said:

Nasty car wreck 30 years ago.  Acute concussion, bruises and bleeding on the brain, and 9 surgeries in 3 years to put my Humpty ass back together again.  One of those subsequent surgeries involved 3 saline bags that were placed under my skin and slowly inflated over a period of 8 weeks to stretch out skin in order to cover some open wounds.  No long term effects from this incident, and it's hard for me from today's perspective to even imagine I went through this episode.  The one thing I'll always remember though is how fragile yet strong the human body can be when it comes to the healing process.  It changes you forever.       

You are lucky to be here Bongman.  I take it you were not driving?  Doesn't matter.  No nerve damage?  

On 12/3/2022 at 4:40 AM, luvlz2 said:

This was in the early 90s a bobcat coming right up to the passenger side door of my friend's 4 cylinder toyota pickup when I was the passenger. It was in the evening and we had driven to a place in the north phoenix area that overlooked the city. It was in the evening and you could see all the lights of the city from the view. We were listening to tunes enjoying the view and all of a sudden the bobcat comes up to my side and growls at us and my friend yelled to roll up the window and I did and we got out of there!

Never heard of a bobcat attacking a human.  Ever

On 12/7/2022 at 5:21 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You are lucky to be here Bongman.  I take it you were not driving?  Doesn't matter.  No nerve damage?  

Ha....with all the weird shit going on lately, I feel lucky to be here the last 5 years since I made that post.  I still laugh thinking about the plastic surgeon telling me he was taking a skin graft from my thigh instead of my butt.  He said, "I don't want you walking around with an ass face for the rest of your life".  Only permanent damage is I can't raise my right eyebrow, which allows me to give a very skeptical look when necessary.  It's used here quite frequently on certain covid & political posts.