I love vinyl Led Zeppelin

So yesterday my wife decides she needs to head to the store for some "things". In my home this means only one thing... MUSIC IS GOING TO BE PLAYED LOUDLY!!!

Now, I had been on this grind to throw Presence on the turntable because nothing and I mean nothing compares to Achilles Last Stand cranked to 11. The kids love to go to the store with mom but when my son found out about my plans to jam along to some Zep he decided to stay home with pop. I gave him fair warning that it was going to be really LOUD and he seemed fine with that. :D

So Presence hits the platter and those oh so soothing opening riffs of Achilles start to play. I look at my son and smile. "Get ready buddy... here comes the thunder!" WHAM! At first he looked like he had just been hit by a locomotive at full speed. And then, to my amazement, he asked me to "turn it up louder!!!"

:blink:

Mind you... he just barely turned 6. He then proceeded to grab one of my guitars and starts rocking out like a madman.

jackson-rockhands.jpg

Rock hand and all. I now have a 6 year old Zeppelin fan.

I think I've created a monster!!!

:yay:

(p.s. please excuse the mess in the background of that picture... it was laundry day) :blush:

So yesterday my wife decides she needs to head to the store for some "things". In my home this means only one thing... MUSIC IS GOING TO BE PLAYED LOUDLY!!!

Now, I had been on this grind to throw Presence on the turntable because nothing and I mean nothing compares to Achilles Last Stand cranked to 11. The kids love to go to the store with mom but when my son found out about my plans to jam along to some Zep he decided to stay home with pop. I gave him fair warning that it was going to be really LOUD and he seemed fine with that. :D

So Presence hits the platter and those oh so soothing opening riffs of Achilles start to play. I look at my son and smile. "Get ready buddy... here comes the thunder!" WHAM! At first he looked like he had just been hit by a locomotive at full speed. And then, to my amazement, he asked me to "turn it up louder!!!"

Mind you... he just barely turned 6. He then proceeded to grab one of my guitars and starts rocking out like a madman.

jackson-rockhands.jpg

(p.s. please excuse the mess in the background of that picture... it was laundry day) :blush:

Do I sense that another guitar legend is about to be born? He's a natural if he loves ZEPPELIN! ROCK ON!

Do I sense that another guitar legend is about to be born? He's a natural if he loves ZEPPELIN! ROCK ON!

You may be on to something there. He was showing an interest in guitars at age 3. So we bought him a kid size Pignose acoustic which he proceeded to smash to pieces ala Pete Townshend. We figured we'd wait a little longer. Lately he's been picking up my acoustic and the Ibanez you see in that photo. He wants to play my PRS but I hardly even play it. It's just too nice.

I've been showing him chords and changes and he seems like he really wants to learn but his fingers are so small that he has a hard time right now. I think we'll try another kid size acoustic for him. This makes me one happy daddy. B)

there'll be a box of japanese vinyls re-issues probably during october but it'll cost a lot ...

sorry, it seems to be a CD box, not vinyl !! :thumbdown:

still replica cds :thumbsup:

here's the image

wpcr-13142.jpg

release date 2008/09/10 by Warner Music Japan

price 28000yen (about 250$) :bagoverhead:

jackson-rockhands.jpg

That is so cute :lol: It's fantastic how he's showing an interest in guitar at such a young age, and has great taste in music. I bet he'll be playing Achilles' Last Stand before you know it ;)

That is great.

i have always loved Zeppelin.

Story Time:

This is my dad's favourite story to tell about me. When I was about 2 years old, at our old house, we had a basement that had a workshop in it. Dad would work down there, and I always went with him. He had this radio, and it was always on. Anyway, In My Time o Dying starts to play. About three seconds in, I walk around the corner and said "That's Led Zeppin, Daddy." At 2, I couldn't really say Led Zeppelin. My dad didn't even realize it was Zep yet. He says ever since that moment he knew he had raised a Zeppelin obsessive fan.

jackson-rockhands.jpg

:D:D:D

That's so cool! The guitar's as big as he is! Thanks, that pic makes my day.

What's even better is, he'll still love it as he gets older and understands more.

You get my dad of the year award, right there. B)

:D:D:D

That's so cool! The guitar's as big as he is! Thanks, that pic makes my day.

What's even better is, he'll still love it as he gets older and understands more.

You get my dad of the year award, right there. B)

Awww shucks... :blush:

I think it may have something to do with my application of headphones to the Mrs. belly when she was pregnant with him.

You can be sure Led Zeppelin was there. :shifty:

jackson-rockhands.jpg

Gotta love a young rocker!! :D What is the LP on the rocking chair..Pink Floyd?

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh, so many great responses. There is no question that vinyl is the way. On another note, here is my Zep horror story. In June of 1977 a group of us (then stoned teenagers) drove down to GC in Hollywood to purchace a drum set all to run right into Jimmy and Bonzo! With tickets to see them a week or so later, none of you can imagine what this 16 year old Zep freak was thinking while speaking to Jimmy and Bonzo for over twenty minutes. Then, Jimmy suggested we walk outside as they had parked a rental (Mercedes SL) in front of a Fire Hydrant and didn't want a ticket. Outside, I got both autographs and an invitation to 'party' to the Hyatt just down the street! A week later after witnessing the most insane live performance I have ever seen (the Forum, day 2 show) in my life, my car was stolen along with the autographs! Got the car back but not the autographs..... CRAP!!!!

-Larry

Gotta love a young rocker!! :D What is the LP on the rocking chair..Pink Floyd?

Yes slagfarmer! Very observant.

I recently received a French 1970s pressing of Ummagumma and was also giving it a test drive that afternoon. It's a much better record than my American release I picked up in 1987.

Wow... can't believe you picked that out! :D

I'm only 18 but I inherited my parent's MASSSSSIVE vinyl collection, and I have to agree... it just sounds so much better than digital recordings. It's so live and up front, like you're right there in the studio with them. I love when I have a bunch of extra time and I can just set up the turntable and blast Zeppelin so loud it shakes my house!

I'm only 18 but I inherited my parent's MASSSSSIVE vinyl collection, and I have to agree... it just sounds so much better than digital recordings. It's so live and up front, like you're right there in the studio with them. I love when I have a bunch of extra time and I can just set up the turntable and blast Zeppelin so loud it shakes my house!

:thumbsup: Nice!!!

Nah, Not the release date, The actual date the LP was pressed etc.

Your best bet is the matrix number on the run-out area of the record, but these usually refer to edition*, or take numbers. As the matrix numbers differ on both sides of a record it is unlikely to contain information as to the date (D/MM/YYYY) when it was pressed. Sequential numbering, (as with bank notes, for example) is not possible once the stamper is cut.

Record collectors can put a high value on matrix numbers, although they are originally there for record company use.

Note: The matrix number is not the same as the catalogue number.

* Whether it is an original pressing, or subsequent pressings after the replacement of worn stampers, etc.

RB

Anyone know how you can date the records by the code? Is there a table of some sort somewhere?

So, if you're so interested on the release date (why?) I suggest you to check a couple of sites:

- my own led zeppelin discographies (yes, because there's the biggest list you can find)

- atlantic album discography (so you'll see ALL the atlantic releases, ordered by catalog number = release date)

I hope this'll help you

rock on!

Came home from work today for an extended lunch and busted out Physical Graffiti for a quick listen to Side 3.

In the Light

Bron-Yr-Aur

Down by the Seaside

Ten Years Gone

The flow of these songs are perfect. One of the best sides of any album ever.

:beer:

The new releases were overseen by Mr. Page himself and are absolutely astounding compared to the originals. All analog transfers.

I can attest to the majesty of the re-releases. I have III and IV and they are far and away the best additions to my collection. It's too bad they are all sold out now and out of print. You'll find many of them on eBay but you'll pay a hefty price.

You bet they are expensive. I have copies of IV and PG that are still sealed. As much as I want to play them (I've heard both Classic Records pressings before and they are astounding), I figure I should wait while they mature in value.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the WHITE VINYL The Song Remains The Same....

I could hardly breath when I opened it (as I had to to find out if it was white or not). I can't belive how lucky I am. I got tickets and went to the O2 gig too. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm showing off but just can't believe it and want to share my stunned speachlessness at the time.......

I'm still recovering from the bruise on my chin as my jaw hit the floor!

"Beatbo" you have given the perfect analogy of vinyl over cds. I still have all of mine in near mint to mint from the 70’s when I bought them. What a treasure they are compared to digital.

Archived