Zep photo

Well, no way it is from "Guitar Solo" because Page would do that song on his Les Paul, and there wouldn't be the whole band accompanying him.

Then, we know it's from the opening number because the movement of Page coming to his knees with the double-neck (usual Page movement that year) and playing on the 12 string, we know it's from The Song Remains The Same.

Now as for the date, their outfits rarely changed in 1977, but we do have a hint, it's Plant, I don't know if he wore that blouse after it got "Burned" on May 30th, but the real indicator here are his pants which he wore rarely, they seem to be completely white, and he did use a pair of white pants on some gigs from that tour.

Here are some:

June 10th (it seems):

2007.jpg

June 11th (Definitively the same pants)

2011.jpg

2164.jpg

But looking now at the June 11th photo the blouse does seem to match.

I have no info on the photographer.

Well, no way it is from "Guitar Solo" because Page would do that song on his Les Paul, and there wouldn't be the whole band accompanying him.

Then, we know it's from the opening number because the movement of Page coming to his knees with the double-neck (usual Page movement that year) and playing on the 12 string, we know it's from The Song Remains The Same.

June 10th (it seems):

2007.jpg

June 11th (Definitively the same pants)

2011.jpg

2164.jpg

But looking now at the June 11th photo the blouse does seem to match.

I have no info on the photographer.

Nothing definite for sure...but from my Rock Nov. '77 Edition here is the list of photographers for ZEP .........

Richard Creamer, Michael Putland, Jeffrey Mayer -

Zep in Georgia photos by Marti C. Griffin (Jimmy - w/Scarf, Robert different Shirt)

Zep in Ohio photos by Matt Susskind

Zep in New York photos by stuart Liben

Jeffrey Mayer - Jimmy - Page 39

Jimmy Page Cover Shot - (None listed)

Nothing definite for sure...but from my Rock Nov. '77 Edition here is the list of photographers for ZEP .........

Richard Creamer, Michael Putland, Jeffrey Mayer -

Zep in Georgia photos by Marti C. Griffin (Jimmy - w/Scarf, Robert different Shirt)

Zep in Ohio photos by Matt Susskind

Zep in New York photos by stuart Liben

Jeffrey Mayer - Jimmy - Page 39

Jimmy Page Cover Shot - (None listed)

From a recent thread at RO, there are 2 magazines from November 1977, and the magazine you're referring must be the Acid Rock mag, but after reading it, I must say that there are no pictures that match to this show. I'll try to look at all the 77 to 79 mags to see what I can come up with.

From a recent thread at RO, there are 2 magazines from November 1977, and the magazine you're referring must be the Acid Rock mag, but after reading it, I must say that there are no pictures that match to this show. I'll try to look at all the 77 to 79 mags to see what I can come up with.

Official Site Rock'77

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/image-galleries...gazines?page=15

I am not familiar with that site..will look into it....

and I do think TSRTS seems to be the opening number/photo

...I was hoping that perhaps these photographers can be further searched for matching photo..??

Official Site Rock'77

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/image-galleries...gazines?page=15

I am not familiar with that site..will look into it....

and I do think TSRTS seems to be the opening number/photo

...I was hoping that perhaps these photographers can be further searched for matching photo..??

Oh, I got the wrong mag, it was simply entitled "Rock" :slapface:

Well, apart from the White pants, it could be the blue pants. The Seattle pants to be exact.

Speaking of that, I don't think this show is Seattle, unless somewhat colored, Jimmy's shoes at this gig were black not red, but really, this pic is the only one I've seen of Jimmy with red shoes from that tour.

Oh, I got the wrong mag, it was simply entitled "Rock" :slapface:

Well, apart from the White pants, it could be the blue pants. The Seattle pants to be exact.

Speaking of that, I don't think this show is Seattle, unless somewhat colored, Jimmy's shoes at this gig were black not red, but really, this pic is the only one I've seen of Jimmy with red shoes from that tour.

......REXfeatures.com (photography) ...perhaps this has been searched/investigated already...they might be able to help from their historic photographs, as they have many photographs from various agencies/freelance photographers...(I posted earlier, I have one of their books, and this is how I came to know it for this service... )

...In addition to others....Gettyimages, etc... BUT WE WILL KEEP HUNTING :D

that is what I think too...I sent the same link to SIBH...just before your post...it seems to be the closest match in Seattle...(we discussed that via PM/above post)... :D

Right on :)

Well, I'm probably the one who doesn't believe it's Seattle, two reasons:

• I tend too believe this pic was originally a colour picture, Page's coloring is too good to have been added later.

• Plant's blouse doesn't seem to match.

Well, I'm probably the one who doesn't believe it's Seattle, two reasons:

• I tend too believe this pic was originally a colour picture, Page's coloring is too good to have been added later.

• Plant's blouse doesn't seem to match.

I am with you also :D yes, the blouse is a concern....later...... :D

• 3 weeks later...
We're looking to track down this 1977 photograph. Anyone know who the photographer/owner of this pic is?

Sam, this photo is published (in b&w) on page 18 of the November 1990 issue of Metal Muscle and the photographer credited is George DeSota.

Archived