Pat Monahan from Train

Yucko

...has expressed interest in fronting the new band, according to Howard Stern(THE Zeppelin source..lol) and has asked his friends at Sirius satelite radio to get him in touch with Jimmy Page if possible, as he is friends with Doug Greensteen, who is the programmer of the Led Zep channel on Sirius/XM

He actually does play Zep really well, and, in my opinion, would be a better fit than Myles Kennedy.

NOT a very serious story, but Led Zeppelin has been all over the Stern show in the past few weeks.

Hmmmm........ Stern has made a success out of a company that was about to go bankrupt, gotten millions of people to buy subscriptions to a pay broadcast station and changed radio from strictly music format to having an entertainment/comedy genre.

Like him or not, he obviously does not suck.

Hmmmm........ Stern has made a success out of a company that was about to go bankrupt, gotten millions of people to buy subscriptions to a pay broadcast station and changed radio from strictly music format to having an entertainment/comedy genre.

Like him or not, he obviously does not suck.

He sucks

Anyone care for any of these?

WLL

Ha! I didn't even have to click on them! I'm with ya...if you haven't heard Pat singing Zep...don't be so hasty to judge. I love his voice and he adds a nice nuance to Zep tunes....I'd be there! (Of course, you all know I'd be there no matter who is fronting)

sorry, he don't. ill glady give Stern 12 bucks a month, along with the Led Zep and AC/DC channel.

Good luck with that. Somebody has to pay his salary. I have a free Zep channel on my pc..selects random play now...

Did anyone catch Stern yesterday? Pat had called Howard and said he would be interested if they asked him, and said make it happen. So Gary get's in contact with Jimmys agency, who wants to hear nothing of this idea. Gary (aka BaBaBooey) pleads and tells the guy about Pat, which he says he is well aware of Pat's intrest. The guy tells Gary that there is no tour without Plant, and that's it.

So then afterwork, I jump in the truck to head home, and the local rock station says that the J's had been to an alterbridge show recently in the UK.......

thanks for the links. I now know what Pat Train of Monahan sounds like singing Led Zep songs. I'm always interested to hear the latest candidate for 'the job'. It has to be said that newer guys like Monatrain or Altered Kennedy tend to pass me by because I don't listen to very much 'classic' or 'classic' influenced rock any more. Chances are,then, that the nu-guy may be someone I'd only hear on this site.So cheers for the stuff and I'll keep an eye and an ear out for the next possible contender!

What the hell does singing about drinking coffee have to do with having enough talent to do the job??

Obviously you\'re about 10 years old :D

Yeah man, and coffee\'s cool. :D

mmmm makes me want some.

I\'m 11, actually. :bubble::whistling:

If he were to get the job, would you really want more coffee-based lyrics written by him on a record with "Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham"??? :Thinking:

Soy, boy, coy, mccoy, roy, bus, gus, discuss, much... (wait, that\'s already been done)

Um, eh, latte, frappe, moca latte\', get your ya yas out, nope, that\'s been done, too...

:coffee:

I would think not...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DG

I think he's fine for Train (He can write all the coffee lyrics he wants for them like "Drops of Jupiter" and "Meet Virginia", but not for my heroes... :fan:

"Been Dazed and Confused, need one latte' or two?" :D

"Going to California... gotta cup of java in my hand" ... steamed by hands of the Gods and think I might be sinking... " :sarcastic_hand:

R B)

Archived