Ross's Diary

Cofa

Till Ross or Jimmy post about it this thread may never die. We could have a vote, toss in a few choices and have a resultant poll.

1. Happy

2. Unhappy

3. Indifferent

4. Tough Rockstar smirk

5. Other

Thanks Lilith! I think he looks great and yes, I like the new haircut too :D

Has he had a haircut, though? Looks to me like his hair is still pulled back in a ponytail, but I could be wrong.

It's difficult to tell due to how the shots have been lit.

Not that it really matters, of course... ;)

Edited by One Symbol

Till Ross or Jimmy post about it this thread may never die. We could have a vote, toss in a few choices and have a resultant poll.

1. Happy

2. Unhappy

3. Indifferent

4. Tough Rockstar smirk

5. Other

6. I don't give a toss. It's just a photo.

6. I don't give a toss. It's just a photo.

:D Bingo.

I think Page has his hair pulled back, at least I hope so. I agree, in those photos he's just a bad mutha... (shut your mouth). No need to be all happy and shiny all the time - Ying Yang, killer smile, killer serious look.

Rock on.

(Why folks think Page isn't playing guitar 'cuz he's also peddling them is beyond me. If he was peddling diet Coke I'd have a problem. ;) The man's life is the guitar. So we haven't heard it in public much lately; he doesn't owe us anything, after all. I'd be happy to see him come out on his terms, but no problem if he doesn't.)

Well, it seems they were took down because Ross re-shot the pictures yesterday. He's updated his diary.

And it seems he's possibly reading this website and has decided not to upload the new ones for a very particular reason...

March 5

Spent a long day in the studio shooting Jimmy Page again. I started off slowly as I'd flown back from Amsterdam with the Prodigy ringing in my ears and I'd only had four hours sleep. I ended up shooting until 8pm and got a lot done for a variety of different projects he has ongoing. Now, I'm not putting anything up as I'm sick of people pulling photos off my site and mailing them around to Led Zeppelin websites thinking they are some news authority...

Oops.

More from Mr. Halfin, rock photographer to the stars:

"Spent a long day in the studio shooting Jimmy Page again. I started off slowly as I'd flown back from Amsterdam with the Prodigy ringing in my ears and I'd only had four hours sleep.I ended up shooting until 8pm and got a lot done for a variety of different projects he has ongoing. Now, I'm not putting anything up as I'm sick of people pulling photos off my site and mailing them around to Led Zeppelin websites thinking they are some news authority..."

Ooooh, projects, plural. :)

Oops, sorry LongDistance beat me to it!

Edited by AbsolutionBlues

Well, it seems they were took down because Ross re-shot the pictures yesterday. He's updated his diary.

And it seems he's possibly reading this website and has decided not to upload the new ones for a very particular reason...

Oops.

This. Sucks.

:angry::bagoverhead: :'(

I guess that answers the "does he read the threads" question...

This. Sucks.

:angry::bagoverhead: :'(

I guess that answers the "does he read the threads" question...

I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad thing that he reads them. If Jimmy doesn't read them and Ross does, I'm worried that Ross'll misconstrue/misinterpret/bitch about all the crap we babble on about, making Jimmy want to distance himself from us.

I always assumed none of them had the time or tolerance for these kind of message boards. It's slightly frightening that someone close to one of them may have.

Edited by longdistancewinner

I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad thing that he reads them. If Jimmy doesn't read them and Ross does, I'm worried that Ross'll misconstrue/misinterpret/bitch about all the crap we babble on about, making Jimmy want to distance himself from us.

I always assumed none of them had the time or tolerance for these kind of message boards. It's slightly frightening that someone close to one of them may have.

I don't take it as a big thing, Jimmy will be doing his things no matter what the fans said or what Ross said, he is able to decide things for himself.

And it's really not that unusual that someone close to them read here.

Exactly. I got a cold feeling in my stomach when you reported his line about "Led Zeppelin sites." C'mon, that's obviously us! That why, yesterday, I was "jokingly" saying we should say complimentary things about Ross. I kept posting "hey guys, isn't Ross great, blah, blah, blah" because I knew if he read negative things about himself, he'd pull the pics, possibly for good. Damn, I hate being right...

I don't take it as a big thing, Jimmy will be doing his things no matter what the fans said or what Ross said, he is able to decide things for himself.

And it's really not that unusual that someone close to them read here.

It's a big thing when you really enjoy seeing new pictures of him and hearing about his day. I'm afraid "we" ruined that. Unless Ross gets over his anger at "Led Zeppelin websites" it looks like he's done posting pics of Jimmy. Yeah, it's a big thing...

Exactly. I got a cold feeling in my stomach when you reported his line about "Led Zeppelin sites." C'mon, that's obviously us! That why, yesterday, I was "jokingly" saying we should say complimentary things about Ross. I kept posting "hey guys, isn't Ross great, blah, blah, blah" because I knew if he read negative things about himself, he'd pull the pics, possibly for good. Damn, I hate being right...

I remember you saying that :D

I know it's not that big of a deal, but Ross isn't really all that afraid to voice his opinion (I'm not saying that Jimmy is), so it's one thing for someone close to one of them to read the site, but it's another when he bitches about it, as well.

I'm aware that they all have friends/family/associates who may peruse the site, but none of them have been vocal about it. So, in a weird way, it doesn't really feel 'real' if they do visit or know about the site. However, once Ross voices his irritation about it, you suddenly realise that there is a possibility that they know of, or have visited, this site. And you sort of get a bit of a rude awakening.

It's a big thing when you really enjoy seeing new pictures of him and hearing about his day. I'm afraid "we" ruined that. Unless Ross gets over his anger at "Led Zeppelin websites" it looks like he's done posting pics of Jimmy. Yeah, it's a big thing...

Ah sorry it seems I misunderstood your post before, I thought you meant big thing with Jimmy being more distant from the fans and I don't think it would lead to that.

Ah sorry it seems I misunderstood your post before, I thought you meant big thing with Jimmy being more distant from the fans and I don't think it would lead to that.

And I apologize to you. I'm angry with the people who were insulting to Halfin, not you glicine. :beer:

Damn, I'm gonna miss those pictures...

He wasn't complaining about people being insulting to him (except in restaurants) though--his exact complaint was I'm sick of people pulling photos off my site and mailing them around to Led Zeppelin websites thinking they are some news authority.... He's (allegedly) mad that they got posted. Which seems extremely disingenuous to me, as surely he knew they would be--that's how it works when you post photos on the internet. And nothing said about him on this thread is new, either. My guess is that it's far more likely that Jimmy had a word with him.

Why folks think Page isn't playing guitar 'cuz he's also peddling them is beyond me. If he was peddling diet Coke I'd have a problem. ;) The man's life is the guitar. So we haven't heard it in public much lately; he doesn't owe us anything, after all. I'd be happy to see him come out on his terms, but no problem if he doesn't.

Don't think anybody does think he's not playing guitar--we're just bemoaning the fact that he's not doing it where any of us can see/hear him. You're right, though, he certainly doesn't owe it to us--any more than Plant owes us anything. ;)

Now, I'm not putting anything up as I'm sick of people pulling photos off my site and mailing them around to Led Zeppelin websites thinking they are some news authority...

In the equation "they" = "news authority, " does "they" equal the people pulling the photos OR the photos themselves? It isn't clearly conveyed and changes the meaning of his statement. Thoughts?

back to lurkdom....

He wasn't complaining about people being insulting to him (except in restaurants) though--his exact complaint was I'm sick of people pulling photos off my site and mailing them around to Led Zeppelin websites thinking they are some news authority.... He's (allegedly) mad that they got posted. Which seems extremely disingenuous to me, as surely he knew they would be--that's how it works when you post photos on the internet. And nothing said about him on this thread is new, either. My guess is that it's far more likely that Jimmy had a word with him.

I respectfully disagree. The line "thinking they are some news authority" tells me he's upset with our judging the photos (i.e. "I think Jimmy's upset with Halfin for being late....").

But ya know what? It doesn't matter what you or I think. He will never post pictures of Jimmy again because of us. That's upsetting to me.

Now, I'm not putting anything up as I'm sick of people pulling photos off my site and mailing them around to Led Zeppelin websites thinking they are some news authority...

In the equation "they" = "news authority, " does "they" equal the people pulling the photos OR the photos themselves? It isn't clearly conveyed and changes the meaning of his statement. Thoughts?

back to lurkdom....

I take "they" to mean the people on the "Led Zeppelin websites." Meaning: Us.

I. Hope. I'm. Wrong.

Yep.RH is calculating.He damn well knew these photos would be shot across the globe as soon as they were posted.

Some of the unlflattering comments about the photos probably got him riled.

I personally liked the tone of the photos,seeing Page in a different light.

I respectfully disagree. The line "thinking they are some news authority" tells me he's upset with our judging the photos (i.e. "I think Jimmy's upset with Halfin for being late....").

But ya know what? It doesn't matter what you or I think. He will never post pictures of Jimmy again because of us. That's upsetting to me.

I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement :) , as he just said that the people who "mail them around" to Zep sites think they're some news authority, like the AP or something--and he didn't say he was never going to post any again, and in fact I'd be willing to bet good hard cash that he does.

In other words, things may not be as bad as you think! :console:

I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement :) , as he just said that the people who "mail them around" to Zep sites think they're some news authority, like the AP or something--and he didn't say he was never going to post any again, and in fact I'd be willing to bet good hard cash that he does.

In other words, things may not be as bad as you think! :console:

I hope you're right. Thanks Aqua :)