Ross's Diary

Cofa

Maybe Ross meant to be late then.

I don't think that had anything to do with it, frankly. Think about it--unless Jimmy's a total obsessive about these things, how pissed is he likely to have been and for how long?? That's teenage girl behavior.

He's more of a professional than that.

I sense frustration in being presented as a guitar peddler as opposed to a guitar player.

But then Ross always has him strike these "rock star" poses, complete with pout, etc., when he shoots him with a guitar. He did the same sort of thing in the shoot with Jack White, for example. So he's getting what he wants out of the session, and Jimmy, being a professional, is giving him what he wants as a photographer. You may well be right about his frustration (let's face it, as of right now he IS more of a peddler than a player, more's the pity), but I don't think that's what's showing on his face.

I sense frustration in being presented as a guitar peddler as opposed to a guitar player.

So are these definitely for Gibson?

I don't believe you can psychoanalyze someone through a few photographs. But to your point, Jimmy looked really happy in the photos Ross took of him leading up to the O2, didn't he?

I don't think a few pictures from a photo session could say a lot of things.

Anyway, John Varvatos should feel honored, both the singer and the guitarist of his favorite band are wearing his design. :D

So are these definitely for Gibson?

Yes, it ties into that. Like I said a week or so ago, the guitar magazines have already begun trying to lineup interviews during his visit to the states next month. They'll all

want fresh new photos for the cover stories and that's what Ross will provide.

I just hope its for a new Jimmy and whoever album, and he comes out pissed off and blazing!!! Album, Tour and an all around "F-YOU" rebirth of the best rock guitarist ever!!!!!

Why would he have that attitude? You think people don't want to see Jimmy again? :huh: if you're imagining he'd be saying that to Plant, dream on.

Yes, it ties into that. Like I said a week or so ago, the guitar magazines have already begun trying to lineup interviews during his visit to the states next month. They'll all

want fresh new photos for the cover stories and that's what Ross will provide.

Just to add a little more iam a owner of one of the Custom Authentic Gibson Les Paul "Jimmy Page" guitars and i get a regular update from the guitar shop i deal with. They have told me they are getting two of the new "Jimmy Page #2's" that are due to be released "early" this summer. In the guitar case when i recieved mine there were photos that Ross had taken of Jimmy with said guitar. It just seems odd that the recent photos are of Jimmy with number 2 and therefore i think a good indication of where some of these photos might end up.This release along with what Steve has said above all makes sense.

Regards

Cav

From what I've read here, Ross Halfin mentioned Jimmy was "not happy" that the photographer was late. The pictures show Jimmy not smiling. That as we can see and read so far, are the only characteristics of the photo shoot. There may be some that have him smiling but that is spectulation.

It's nice to discuss what people feel about the pictures.

There's very little to go on, but what Ross has said and the pictures we can see. Does anyone else have other information to base post's on?

Till then, the speculation will most likely continue. I think Jimmy had a feeling and Ross went with it that day. I doubt it was Ross who suggested to Jimmy to look that way, I believe Jimmy was showing his feelings.

Well Ross said in his diary entry that it was "a different look to how you normally see him", so I think Jimmy's expression was intentional. If he wasn't happy with the photo shoot, Ross wouldn't post any of it would be my thought.

Hey, you guys, do you know what I love about Ross Halfin? His courage and generosity to share his life and the life of his friends with us. He is so cool in that he doesn't care what his friends think. He has the forethought to post every picture he has of his friends in order to satisfy his fan base. Here, here, Ross Halfin.

*Moonmaid talks out the side of her mouth* Did it work? Are the pictures back up?

Edit to add: I'm just joking. Please don't rant that "Ross doesn't have to do, blah, blah, blah" It's just a joke. B)

I think Ross would agree it's done to satisfy his own ego.

:P Just kiddingRoss! Your willingness to share is much appreciated.

*Pulling SAJ to the side* Wrong tactic, dude. I want the pictures back up. So we must stroke the ego...

Anyway, guys, I sure hope that Ross Halfin guy, artiste, man among men will put more pics up of his best friends...

I also notice that Ross took them all down but one. I am more curious as to what that means, more than anything about reading into the pictures themselves.

I wonder if he is reading this thread.................

As a completely newb on the subject of copyright, could there be a possibility that Ross took them down because, should they be for an interview or whatever, once they're in the public domain any old bugger can have 'em? If they're for future use in a 'project' would it be seen as unwise to put them out there before any such publication involving them is published? Or is it common practice amongst photographers to snap 'em and post 'em before any such publication uses them?

I recently read that photos of Lily Allen's house were passed on from one publication to another without her knowledge or authorization. Could this be the case here, and Ross is simply taking a precaution? Or is it out of the realm of possibility? I'm confusing myself, here, so I'm not sure I'm making much sense...

Edited to add that I am officially a retard. Just saw the 'copyright' mark on Ross' pictures... :bagoverhead:

As a completely newb on the subject of copyright, could there be a possibility that Ross took them down because, should they be for an interview or whatever, once they're in the public domain any old bugger can have 'em? If they're for future use in a 'project' would it be seen as unwise to put them out there before any such publication involving them is published? Or is it common practice amongst photographers to snap 'em and post 'em before any such publication uses them?

I recently read that photos of Lily Allen's house were passed on from one publication to another without her knowledge or authorization. Could this be the case here, and Ross is simply taking a precaution? Or is it out of the realm of possibility? I'm confusing myself, here, so I'm not sure I'm making much sense...

Edited to add that I am officially a retard. Just saw the 'copyright' mark on Ross' pictures... :bagoverhead:

You make sense. Magazines buy an exclusive photo(s) from the photographer (generally they commission a photographer to do the shoot) and those wouldn't be posted on their website and thus wouldn't have the watermark on them but are given credit usually alongside the photo.

Suppose it's possible the magazine (assuming this is what they were for) didn't care for the photos and Ross took them down for a reshoot? I don't know - not terribly important to me :)

You make sense. Magazines buy an exclusive photo(s) from the photographer (generally they commission a photographer to do the shoot) and those wouldn't be posted on their website and thus wouldn't have the watermark on them but are given credit usually alongside the photo.

Suppose it's possible the magazine (assuming this is what they were for) didn't care for the photos and Ross took them down for a reshoot? I don't know - not terribly important to me :)

I didn't know, assuming they're for a magazine, that the publication would ask for them to be taken down before they're printed. Once stuff hits the interwebz, it spreads like wildfire, and I wasn't sure whether (watermarked or not) someone would use them before they're actually published 'legitimately'.

I didn't know, assuming they're for a magazine, that the publication would ask for them to be taken down before they're printed. Once stuff hits the interwebz, it spreads like wildfire, and I wasn't sure whether (watermarked or not) someone would use them before they're actually published 'legitimately'.

Well that's a good point about the internet - I don't know how things work there because everything is basically done online these days :Thinking: Of course watermarks can be removed if you know how to do them so there's that issue....ugh - I'm confusing myself now :blink::lol: Ah well - guess we'll have to stay tuned and see what surfaces on his site in the future.

It's incredibly easy to blot out the watermarks.

Maybe those were the reject pictures and he has some of Jimmy in a different mood. Since so many think he looks sad or unhappy, could it be he really was out of kilter and there will be a re-shoot?

The curiosity is magnifying as time passes.

Who has the next idea?

To be honest, I don't think he looks any more unhappy, or what have you, than he has in any of his other typical 'Ross' photoshoots. I'm not seeing it, myself, but maybe that's because I wasn't looking for it. I think some people read too much into him being peeved at Ross' tardiness and tried to transfer it into his posture and pose. In one of them, I thought I detected a teeny-weeny smirk.

To be honest, I don't think he looks any more unhappy, or what have you, than he has in any of his other typical 'Ross' photoshoots. I'm not seeing it, myself, but maybe that's because I wasn't looking for it. I think some people read too much into him being peeved at Ross' tardiness and tried to transfer it into his posture and pose. In one of them, I thought I detected a teeny-weeny smirk.

I don't see it either nor was I looking for it. As I said earlier, I don't think his being peeved at Ross' lateness was some major issue. I'd venture he said, you're late and was irritated and got over it.

So basically I agree with you :lol::D

Archived