Ross's Diary

Cofa

Yeah, he's pissed off that Ross was late, remember?! :D

Actually, I think that's his "rock and roll-tough guy" face. Complete with kissy lips...

28mea1c.jpg

I agree. I love the pictures. They are gorgeous and so is Jimmy, although he may have still been pissed with Ross, they're both professional.

Nice pics!! Although I guess I am the only one who hates the new haircut. LOL!! :) LOVED when he had it longer recently (like at the It Might Get Loud premier/etc, etc....). Ah well...Pagey never looks BAD--just varying degrees of good. LOL!!

Will be interesting to see what these top secret photos ultimately get used for. :)

Sharon

Ugh. He's got his funeral face on. "Not Happy" pretty much sums up the body language and facial expression I see. No offense folks, that's just what I see. No happy.

Agree with you 100%. Doesn't look happy at all.

Thing is that Jason isn't really at liberty to speak about it. He's been chastised when he's opened his mouth in the past. He's probably being careful not to say things he'll regret right now. Can't say I blame him.

I find it odd that Jason isn't at liberty to speak about it. Not questioning your knowledge of the situation at all Knebby, but it does seem strange to me. Jason is a grown man after all. If he want's to speak on the subject or is asked about it, why not speak? What is he risking in doing so? Not being able to play in future gigs? That seems unlikely at all if ever, given the current dynamic anyway. Im sure there is an enormous respect factor that Jason has for all three, but he is his own man. For him to remain silent this long, it must be pretty bad. Anyway, just my .02

Nice pics!! Although I guess I am the only one who hates the new haircut. LOL!! :) LOVED when he had it longer recently (like at the It Might Get Loud premier/etc, etc....). Ah well...Pagey never looks BAD--just varying degrees of good. LOL!!

Will be interesting to see what these top secret photos ultimately get used for. :)

Sharon

No...I miss the curls too :angry: But it's WONDERFUL to just SEE him!! And hear something about him! :D

...point noted, but His "Subject" remains forever beautiful...........

There sure seems to be a spark missing in his eyes...

I've always thought Ross was over rated as a photographer anyway...with a subject like Jimmy there should never be a bad shot :)

I may be totally off base here, but it seems to be the same m.o. as when Ross took some shots of Eddie Van Halen. Next thing ya know...VH was back. With a different singer of course...some guy named Roth. :)

IMO if Jimmy's fans only want to see his smile, Scarlet Page should take his puctures. :D

(I personally think that she is an excellent photographer even if she is not Jimmy's daughter)

However, it might be called confusion of public and private matters. :rolleyes:

Jimmy's sweet,sweet smile which his daughter took.

foofighters-colour269.jpg

Ross has taken thousands of photos of Jimmy over the years; these are some of his worst.

There's only 1 pic that I like, another 1 is ok, and the rest are not very good, not terrible, but not good. I agree with you Steve, he has done much better work with Jimmy in the past.

Perhaps the better pics were kept and/or are being used for some other purpose, perhaps promotional?

IMHO, there's an awful lot being read into these pics. Ross told him to strike a few cool rock-star-type poses so he did. Thassit.

Exactamundo :D

I thought I read where Ross said Jimmy was a bit angry because he was late for the shoot.

Besides, a picture is worth a thousand words and these posts have barely scratched the surface.

What would anyone expect when all there is so far is pictures? People will have their say. He does look a bit perturbed, whether coaxed or coming naturally.

I'm not sure why there's a lot also being read into Ross' comment Jimmy was pissed he was late. I'd venture he was annoyed and got over it, moved on and they did the photo shoot. If he was that pissed, I don't know if he'd have done the shoot that day :unsure:

IMHO, there's an awful lot being read into these pics. Ross told him to strike a few cool rock-star-type poses so he did. Thassit.

i agree aquamarine.

i think his hair looks better long, and i think in these pics it is just pulled back. i hope so anyway.

i am guessing ross would have taken many, many pics, of which we have only been shown a few. there are likely many with him smiling, and with other poses and/or clothes etc.

he could be saving the best pics for another "project"........?

there are likely many with him smiling, and with other poses and/or clothes etc.

If you watch closely he did have two different jackets in the five pictures.

And oh I definitely want to see him smile, too.

From what I've read here, Ross Halfin mentioned Jimmy was "not happy" that the photographer was late. The pictures show Jimmy not smiling. That as we can see and read so far, are the only characteristics of the photo shoot. There may be some that have him smiling but that is spectulation.

It's nice to discuss what people feel about the pictures.

There's very little to go on, but what Ross has said and the pictures we can see. Does anyone else have other information to base post's on?

Till then, the speculation will most likely continue. I think Jimmy had a feeling and Ross went with it that day. I doubt it was Ross who suggested to Jimmy to look that way, I believe Jimmy was showing his feelings.

Well, a good photographer gets what he wants out of his subject, he doesn't let the subject dictate to him. And I'll give Halfin his due, he is a good photographer (if no Annie Leibovitz).

Edited for speling

Maybe Ross meant to be late then.

Archived