A Little....Too Quiet

Does anyone really think that Page or Jones couldn't or wouldn't do a project together without Plant?

Jones himself said that he really just wanted to play with Jimmy whether or not Plant was involved.

There is no reason why they shoudn't be able to put something together that they'd be into with or without Plant, or even Jason Bonham for that matter.

All we've heard is that Steven Tyler and Myles Kenneny didn't work out...so they gave up.

I personally, don't believe that bullshit for a second.

Somethings brewing.

I don't understand why people keeps calling Mensch's words "bullshit". He is the manager of Jimmy Page, so til Jimmy/Jonesy/Jason opens their mouth, his words would be the most official thing we can get.

Only they have the truth. I personally don't think they'd just completely give up. It's in their blood to be musically involved and creative. Now how they go about doing it is another thing. I'm sure we'll eventually hear something from them.

Rumor has it that the band is actively rehearsing for my upcoming Birthday Bash. If you have not gotten your invitation yet, then I am afraid you are out of luck, unless you post on this forum that Page_Maniac is an insightful genius who really rocks. Then I might send you one the dozen or so remaining invitations. The location is still secret.

Good luck and if you believe this then yes, you have had one too many beers.

I don't understand why people keeps calling Mensch's words "bullshit". He is the manager of Jimmy Page, so til Jimmy/Jonesy/Jason opens their mouth, his words would be the most official thing we can get.

It's beyond me too.

Apparently, people believe Jimmy entrusts his career to a lying, mis-informed nobody who should be fired for not finding Jimmy the right singer. :rolleyes:

It's beyond me too.

Apparently, people believe Jimmy entrusts his career to a lying, mis-informed nobody who should be fired for not finding Jimmy the right singer. :rolleyes:

Peter Grant did that 40 years ago. <_<

Regards, Danny

:blink:

Wasn't that Terry Reid who suggested Robert Plant? And then Jimmy and Peter Grant went to see him perform?

But Terry Reid wasnt Jimmys Manager at this time, Peter Grant was, that was my point.

Regards, Danny

PS. And i think Peter Grant drove the car that night, not sure if Jimmy had a licence then?

But Terry Reid wasnt Jimmys Manager at this time, Peter Grant was, that was my point.

Regards, Danny

PS. And i think Peter Grant drove the car that night, not sure if Jimmy had a licence then?

Ok, so I'd say Peter Grant helped Jimmy getting the right singer, but still not finding him the right singer.

Ok, so I'd say Peter Grant helped Jimmy getting the right singer, but still not finding him the right singer.

Hi 'glicine'

Stop being picky mate, please look back at the post Knebby posted and that I answered,

"It's beyond me too.

Apparently, people believe Jimmy entrusts his career to a lying, mis-informed nobody who should be fired for not finding Jimmy the right singer. :rolleyes: "

I thought she was talking about Jimmys manager Peter Mensch, I was refering to that, I know Peter Grant didnt actually "Find" Robert for Jimmy, he just went with Jimmy to see Robert perform, the rest is history.

Regards, Danny

Hi 'glicine'

Stop being picky mate, please look back at the post Knebby posted and that I answered,

"It's beyond me too.

Apparently, people believe Jimmy entrusts his career to a lying, mis-informed nobody who should be fired for not finding Jimmy the right singer. :rolleyes: "

I thought she was talking about Jimmys manager Peter Mensch, I was refering to that, I know Peter Grant didnt actually "Find" Robert for Jimmy, he just went with Jimmy to see Robert perform, the rest is history.

Regards, Danny

But you did say Peter Grant found Jimmy a singer 40 years ago, and glicine was saying exactly what you just changed your point to, that he just went with Jimmy etc., after Terry Reid made the suggestion. So glicine's not being picky, and you're actually now agreeing with her! :)

But you did say Peter Grant found Jimmy a singer 40 years ago, and glicine was saying exactly what you just changed your point to, that he just went with Jimmy etc., after Terry Reid made the suggestion. So glicine's not being picky, and you're actually now agreeing with her! :)

Hi 'Aquamarine'

Picky, picky, picky, I said "Peter Grant did that 40 years ago. <_< ", I didnt say anything about that singer being Robert Plant did I?

Knebby was refering to Jimmys current manager Peter Mensch and I was refering to Jimmys then manager Peter Grant.

I know Peter Grant didnt actually find Robert Plant for Jimmy and I dont suppose Peter Mensch would actually find him one now.

Regards, Danny

(I think I deserve an Oscar for getting out of that one. :blush: )

OH, NOoooooo!

Here we go again! :slapface:

Re-hashing the same old speculations. New singer? Will they or won't they without Robert? Was Jimmy's manager in the dark? Terry Reid vs. Robert Plant. Are they working on something in secret?

We need some new material to talk about. :D

Any suggestions?

Hi 'Aquamarine'

Picky, picky, picky, I said "Peter Grant did that 40 years ago. <_< ", I didnt say anything about that singer being Robert Plant did I?

Knebby was refering to Jimmys current manager Peter Mensch and I was refering to Jimmys then manager Peter Grant.

I know Peter Grant didnt actually find Robert Plant for Jimmy and I dont suppose Peter Mensch would actually find him one now.

Regards, Danny

(I think I deserve an Oscar for getting out of that one. :blush: )

Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Actually I don't think it would be too much to expect his manager to find him a singer. I think there's one out there and if I had the resources (ie money enough to dedicate myself to it) I could do it myself.

The tough thing would be to find someone who was not just a howling rocker but someone sublime and who could write-and not just write but write Page, Jones, Bonham quality.

The writing in the end wouldn't matter as much because there are brilliant writers out there who would line up for the chance to work with this group. So in the end all we need is a singer who has range, can rock and also has a mysterious quality 'x' to their singing like Jimmy has to his playing.

Robert Hunter (Jerry Garcia's lyricist has written songs for many other singers for example) and he could write some brilliant stuff if approached-this is just one example (a good one though)....

Archived