First Book Read

Dancin'Days

Ronia the Robber's Daughter, by Astrid Lindgren. I didn't read it all by myself though, because the reading experience at least started so that my mother read it to me in the evenings as a bedtime story, and in the afternoons I pursued to read it on my own.

Rise and fall of the third reich

haven't finished it yet...but let me tell you

If you do decide to read the book...I suggest you dissect the book in a way that you don't read from beginning to end...example: read the first couple of chapters and then skip to the middle. How ever you choose.

also...take a non biased approach while reading. It will corrupt you if your not prepared :oB)

hidin nowhere I did not want or like reading , so the teacher took recess and made me read it is something im am so glad she did because I love to read now .(even if it wsa Daniel Boone) that started it off !

Uh, I hate to say it, but probably the Baby Sitters Club. Not exactly literary material, but that series did get me into reading.

Lord of the Rings was probably the most life-changing book I've ever read. There are SO many good reflections on what it is to be alive, why it's important to stand up for justice, what it means to be a true leader, etc...I could go on. Tolkien himself is the guy that made me want to be an English major. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go past community college before, but the idea of studying something awesome like Anglo-Saxon language and changing the way the world viewed Beowulf (and actually getting paid to do it) sounded right up my alley. I'm still not sure about teaching, but I'm pretty proud of myself for making it this far (not to toot my own horn or anything). My parents didn't even go to college. Sorry for the life story there, heh, but it just shows to go you - books are powerful things!

hidin nowhere I did not want or like reading , so the teacher took recess and made me read it is something im am so glad she did because I love to read now .(even if it wsa Daniel Boone) that started it off !

Lol.....I was speaking to your presence here today on this site. Always enjoyed your posts, and I haven't seen you here in ages. The post count don't lie !

Lol.....I was speaking to your presence here today on this site. Always enjoyed your posts, and I haven't seen you here in ages. The post count don't lie !

Oh gottcha now i've been away from the puter world for like near year and half now .. just gettin back into the real life .. Playing pool for APA (American Poolplayers Assocation) went to Vegas in Aug we placed 65th in Nation in the Team Championship also placed 17th in wheelchair .

I have a shot they put on youtube in the wheelchair challange

http://www.poolplayers.com/ntc/2008ntc/ bottom right side Wed. Aug. 20th

33 seconds into it shows me makin shot ! good to see all the led heads still hangin !

Rise and fall of the third reich

haven't finished it yet...but let me tell you

If you do decide to read the book...I suggest you dissect the book in a way that you don't read from beginning to end...example: read the first couple of chapters and then skip to the middle. How ever you choose.

also...take a non biased approach while reading. It will corrupt you if your not prepared :oB)

I read parts of it when I did a report on Nazi Germany in school years ago. I don't think I could get through the whole book. Hits too close to home for me.

Uh, I hate to say it, but probably the Baby Sitters Club. Not exactly literary material, but that series did get me into reading.

Lord of the Rings was probably the most life-changing book I've ever read. There are SO many good reflections on what it is to be alive, why it's important to stand up for justice, what it means to be a true leader, etc...I could go on. Tolkien himself is the guy that made me want to be an English major. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go past community college before, but the idea of studying something awesome like Anglo-Saxon language and changing the way the world viewed Beowulf (and actually getting paid to do it) sounded right up my alley. I'm still not sure about teaching, but I'm pretty proud of myself for making it this far (not to toot my own horn or anything). My parents didn't even go to college. Sorry for the life story there, heh, but it just shows to go you - books are powerful things!

I read the Lord of the Rings much later on but I will agree that it had quite an impact on me. That and the Song of Albion. Really beautiful story.

It was most likely something I read in school like '1984' or 'Animal Farm'. But for some reason the first one that came to mind was 'The Outsiders'.

Although The Hobbit was a big one for me too. I remember the teacher reading it to us in 3rd Grade, and having to do a project on it.

I really can't remember the first book but I do remember when I was in elementary school our teacher read us a book (one chapter a day) and it really did capture our imaginations.

Reminds me of the old film: 'I Remember Mama' where Cedrick Hardwicke read books to the family.

This was in the early part of the 20th century.

B)

Otherwise Known As Sheila The Great by Judy Blume. It wasn't the first book I ever read (that's reserved for Roger Red Hat and Billy Blue Hat :D ), but it was the first book I ever read from front to back, completely of my own volition when I was in year 4 (8/9 years old) . It's always held a special place for me because I remember feeling such pride that I'd read something all the way through.

For me, it was The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.

I read it in junior high school. I was sitting in the library in study hall, and leaned back on my chair against the book shelves. I saw this book, picked it up, and began reading it. I couldn't put it down.

It is one of a few books that I have re-read several times over the years.

I like it's message about the contrasts of poverty and wealth, hard work and success vs. inheritance of wealth and entitlement, beauty vs. loyalty, family duty vs. true love of family.

I think I best liked the message that if you work hard then you can succeed, no matter what your background is and no matter where you come from or who your family is. And that wealth does not necessarily give you happiness. And that beauty (of your lover) is fleeting and does not in itself bring you happiness either. (Take a note of this, Spats).

Otherwise Known As Sheila The Great by Judy Blume. It wasn't the first book I ever read (that's reserved for Roger Red Hat and Billy Blue Hat :D ), but it was the first book I ever read from front to back, completely of my own volition when I was in year 4 (8/9 years old) . It's always held a special place for me because I remember feeling such pride that I'd read something all the way through.

Great book - I loved Judy Blume as a kid. The first one I read was Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret. She's written some adult novels too but I haven't read any of them.

Archived